Is there anyone who still believes in low carb dieting?

Options
13»

Replies

• EricJonrosh
    EricJonrosh Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Everyone should watch "Fathead" documentary and make up your own mind. It was eye-opening.
  • Page83
    Page83 Posts: 23
    Options
    i think it just depends on the person and how THEIR body stores certain foods. i dont think a diet too low in carbs is a good thing, you needs carbs but you also need to burn them off so eating carbs only in the morning for breakfast and midmorning snack is a good idea, and its also about choosing the right carbs the less refined the better.

but who can say no to a nice big bowl of pasta for dinner lol.
  • pyro13g
    pyro13g Posts: 1,127 Member
    Options

Is there any new information about low carb dieting that is keeping it alive?

Yeah, mounds of research pointing at grains, refined and processed carbs as causing Syndrome X.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Everyone should watch "Fathead" documentary and make up your own mind. It was eye-opening.

I do plan to see Fathead on Netflix this weekend. For my body, it is not enough to simply get fuel from carbs. I can't stave off hunger and build muscle on a high carb diet. i certainly wouldn't be able to knock out straight legged push-ups on a diet based on junk food.
  • lkm111
    lkm111 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I think maybe you need to define what you are calling "Low Carb". I actually think South Beach is very balanced, at least in Phases II and III. Lean proteins, good fats, vegetables, whole fruit, and whole grain/complex carbs. I am planning on doing this when I get the time to focus on it and get my pantry in order.

What do you follow? How does it compare to "Low Carb"?