Thong, Granny Panties or Commando when working out

Options

Replies

• Elsie_Brownraisin
    Elsie_Brownraisin Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Wow, I never knew how many people dispensed with the gruds when they worked out. It seems kind of, um, unhygenic? I always wipe stuff down before picking it up or lying on it, now I know why it's such a good reason. Haha! And the staff thought I just had out of control OCD!!

Now tomorrow at the gym, I'm going to be looking at people and thinking 'are you one of THEM?'

I have some silk underwear doesn't give a VPL under anything, but they cost a king's ransom and I'm not going to waste them at the gym. I just wear cotton hipsters.

34ilog0.gif
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    if your worry about 'showing' your pant lines then i think you doing it all wrong in the gym !!!

I have exercise/running pants

its not a crime to care about how you look while you are looking to improve it

I love how all the people who rock full underwear have such negative things to say about what other people's underwear is and why they are doing the things they do.

I was unaware that underwear choices gave indication to my motivations and reasons to be at the gym.

I am commando or thong- mostly commando- dislike the bunching and any type of underwear effectively winds up in crawling up one side of my booty- but onyl one side- it's horribly.

And I would also really really love for someone to tell me I'm working out for the wrong reasons and that my training isn't effective because I chose to go commando.
  • Elsie_Brownraisin
    Options
    I have no problem with what people do in the gym when they have no pants on, I am sure it has makes no difference to what you do and how well you do it. I was just really, genuinely, surprised that more people don't see it the way I do - that there should be more than one thin spandex layer between the crotch and the equipment. :sick:

To that end, I'm taking a gallon of Domestos in with me next time...
  • skinnybear54
    skinnybear54 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I go commando under my bikini panties. :laugh:
  • JoRocka
    Options
    I have no problem with what people do in the gym when they have no pants on, I am sure it has makes no difference to what you do and how well you do it. I was just really, genuinely, surprised that more people don't see it the way I do - that there should be more than one thin spandex layer between the crotch and the equipment. :sick:

because one extra of lace will prevent my *kitten* sweat and "others"from hitting the bench?

not buying it.

you should be wiping your equipment down either way, regardless of the underthings you use.
    Either way- not a concern for me- I only bench squat and DL- my sitting good mornings and dumbbell flies happen on the same bench I bench on- so I only have one thing to wipe down- not a crisis.

I'm just genuinely surprised at how negative people are about "alternative" underwear that quiet frankly we should be well beyond on this day and age in terms of "judging". seriously- it's a thong.
  • ASH2038602
    ASH2038602 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I don't do thongs at the gym. I wear bikini cut or boy shorts, my preference is bikini. They are the most comfortable for me, and don't typically bunch up on me. I think the gym is the only time that I don't care if people see panty lines lol
  • CHSegl
    CHSegl Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I don't give a hoot about panty lines: I'm about the comfort factor. Whatever works for you....
    Besides, if *anyone's* looking at my butt for any reason at my age---- BONUS!! lol
  • bugaboo_sue
    bugaboo_sue Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Commando in most of my workout shorts and pants. I have two pairs of shorts that have something "built in". I can't stand working out in any sort of undergarment. It's uncomfortable.
  • aelphabawest
    aelphabawest Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I wear ex-officio wicking low rise bikini briefs. They don't ride into my butt, they stay put, they're wick... and they definitely show panty lines. I am 110% unfussed about how I look when I work out. I just ran fifteen miles, every inch of me is wet with my sweat, my hair is a bloody rats nest that will take me awhile to work out with conditioner in the shower... not to mention Goofy Running Face and how ridiculous you look with all the right hydration equipment. Like the goofiest super hero ever.

Basically, panty lines are the least of my worries if I were to *care* about how I looked when I'm getting sweaty. Which I don't. If someone is noticing my butt, they're probably going to care more about how bloody fantastic it looks than the confirmation that I'm wearing underwear.
  • carolineat111
    carolineat111 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Thongs or nothing for work outs.
  • rawhidenadz
    rawhidenadz Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I hate panty lines too but I tried wearing thongs to the gym and it's just so uncomfortable to me, so now I just wear looser /seamless panties and try not to think about panty lines too much. And I'd never go commando for a workout, gosh, I can't even imagine how sweaty and gross things would get . . . I don't know how some of you do it. I just wouldn't feel comfortable or sanitary
  • caracrawford1
    caracrawford1 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Thongs? Nah, just asking for a nasty rash or something up the butt crack. I've never had a uti in my life--or any one of those other infections. I go commando 99 percent of the time. Funny and true story: one of my dogs kept eating up my underwear, and I was too cheap to keep buying more. I his my underwear, but I did eventually get used to not wearing any most of the time. I think it really is all in what you get used to. For example, now that I am quite used to shaving "down there" bare, I can't imagine a full bush. Um no. Not for me. But its just like peoples preferences for underwear/no underwear. Nothing wrong either way. Just a preference.
  • Elsie_Brownraisin
    Options

because one extra of lace will prevent my *kitten* sweat and "others"from hitting the bench?

not buying it.

you should be wiping your equipment down either way, regardless of the underthings you use.
    Either way- not a concern for me- I only bench squat and DL- my sitting good mornings and dumbbell flies happen on the same bench I bench on- so I only have one thing to wipe down- not a crisis.

I'm just genuinely surprised at how negative people are about "alternative" underwear that quiet frankly we should be well beyond on this day and age in terms of "judging". seriously- it's a thong.

Gotta agree with you. I couldnt believe the fact I have a personal preference to not have panty lines across my *kitten*.. somehow makes me less motivated to work my *kitten* off while I am there. For me.. the fact that I am working out and seeing some success has me buying cute work out clothes as my reward for a job well done. So one has nothing to do with the other.. After all.. arent we all naked under our clothes anyway.. hahaha

Not so much as hitting the bench as dousing it in lighter fluid and dropping a match on it.

And at no point did I say the choice to wear underwear or not was connected to how hard you work out, your motivation for doing it, how long you do it for etc. Christ on a cracker, it's a real thing around here: 'I like lentils', 'me too', 'I don't', 'I do', 'I don't - AND I CHALLENGE YOU TO TELL ME THAT NOT LIKING LENTILS MAKES A DIFFERENCE TO MY MARATHON TRAINING OR BEEFAKING!!!' Ah well.

I'm wear underwear and panty liners. I'm not arsed if people see a panty line, I just (incorrectly) assumed people who were bothered wore a diffrent type of underwear rather than none at all.

Oh well, the next 'weird things you see at the gym' thread will include a post from someone complaining about a chubber in lycra covering everything in medicinal alcohol and muttering prayers in Latin under her breath.
  • JoRocka
    Options
    read the thread- there are enough off colored negative connotations that I think it was worth pointing out.

My original comment was not directed at you- the second one was- because well- you commented on mine.

I don't think anyone's worked up about it- but I think it was worth pointing out- lots of kind of negative comments for no reason other than I chose to wear nothing.
  • RoosterB
    RoosterB Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Thongs are so yesterday, but probably still acceptable in the US...
  • Sundogoh
    Sundogoh Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I wear seamless wicking underwear and could care less about pantylines at the gym. I can't go commando due to bladder issues. Whatever floats your boat.