Favorite vegetable???

Options
HEY YA'LL!!! I'm Dana and I'm on the search for some new vegetable ideas. What is your favorite vegetable and how do you cook it???

Replies

• ExRelaySprinter
    ExRelaySprinter Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Cauliflower!
    Roasted or in Curry Sauce. :)
  • MsDellyssa
    MsDellyssa Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Snow Peas or Sugar Snap peas, steamed. Or my all time favorite, raw with veggie dip.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    I'm a HUGE fan of chinese broccoli. It's awesome in stir frys and wide rice noodle dishes!
    More conventional favorites of mine are tomatoes roasted in a tiny bit of olive oil and salt/pepper (awesome in pasta), and sweet potatoes; they're super easy to make into fries! I also like to cut them up, put a little olive oil on them and montreal steak seasoning, then roast them. Nom nom nom.
  • hyg99
    hyg99 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Mushrooms. In a full (healthy version) English, with a stir fry, in a stew. Love em.
  • stuffinmuffin
    stuffinmuffin Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    It would be really tricky for me to name just one!!!

I think it would have to be carrots. Brilliant cooked (boiled or roasted) and as a perfect low calorie snack eaten raw or used with a dip.
  • LoneWolfRunner
    LoneWolfRunner Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Brussels sprouts... and even if you don't think you like them, this recipe will rock you to your veggie core...

http://thugkitchen.com/post/66979503286/get-that-soupy-green-bean-****-outta-here-cmon
  • CrunchyDad
    CrunchyDad Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Raw - sweet peppers with ranch

Roasted - cauliflower drizzled with olive oil, sprinkle of garlic & pepper

Grilled - yellow squash w/garlic & pepper
  • cuckoo_jenibeth
    cuckoo_jenibeth Posts: 1,434 Member
    Options
    Roasted cauliflower... no wait...broiled asparagus. Or....maybe it's grilled Brussels sprouts.... Love 'em all!
  • ricer8
    ricer8 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I've been buying a lot of pattypan this summer. Love it Sautéed, grilled or roasted. I bought some at the farmers market today and she mentioned stuffed, so now of course looking for recipes for that!
  • LoneWolfRunner
    LoneWolfRunner Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Had to google pattypan just now...
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I eat a ton of vegetables...can't really say I have a favorite though, it just depends on the meal and what I'm in the mood for.

- spring mix greens
    - spinach
    - radishes
    - cucumbers
    - beets
    - red cabbage
    - red onions or vidalia onions
    - green onions
    - snap peas
    - snow peas
    - broccoli
    - carrots
    - pretty much any root vegetable

Just to name a few...
  • IreneAdler221
    IreneAdler221 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Avocado. Lots of fiber and good fats.
  • Goosie17
    Goosie17 Posts: 28
    Options
    Thanks ya'll it all sounds good:)
  • Goosie17
    Goosie17 Posts: 28
    Options
    Had to google pattypan just now...

me too....never heard of it before .....got my curiosity up
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Avocado. Lots of fiber and good fats.

Fruit....:drinker:
  • aeb09
    aeb09 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Love veggies. Favorites are spinach and mushrooms. I eat spinach every morning with mushrooms and two eggs scrambled together. I also like big spinach salads for dinner with either sauteed chicken or hot dogs. I love to make an easy "stir fry" with Italian sausage, mushrooms and spinach sauteed in butter and hot sauce. I also put mushrooms into marinara sauce over zucchini noodles and I buy portobello mushroom caps and stuff them with a variety of things.
  • tiggsnanny
    tiggsnanny Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I love most veggies, but my fave is broad beans, I would eat them everyday if I could :smile:
  • saltedcaramel86
    saltedcaramel86 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I love most veg, although mushrooms are probably my fave! I eat green beans and broccoli most days!
  • sharondoolittle43
    Options
    Broccoli, my fav :)