Favorite vegetable???

Options
13»

Replies

• mathandcats
    mathandcats Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Broccoli, steamed with some rice wine with some sesame oil and oyster sauce.
  • jennifurballs
    jennifurballs Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Love roasted veggies! I spray olive oil on the pan, thinly slice onions, minced garlic and toss with...

sweet potatoes
    eggplant, butternut, summer, zucchini or acorn squash
    cauliflower and/or broccoli
    mushrooms

Every week I made a big pot of veggie soup with whatever's in season - this week it has okra, tomato, yellow squash, onion, garlic, eggplant, and spinach (I roast the eggplant and yellow squash before I add it to the soup). This helps me stay low carb when I want to.

Also love to sauté some onion and garlic, add a chicken bullion cube and one cup of water and steam a pile of green beans until all the water's gone.

Tomorrow I'm grilling eggplant and zucchini to go with grilled chicken and turkey tenderloins. My favorite way to eat onions on the grill is whole, cut out a small hole where the root grows. Put a beef bullion cube and a small pat of butter, wrap it in tin foil and throw it on the grill. They taste like French onion soup!

I keep baked sweet potatoes around and have them with cinnamon.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Nope.
    Y'all are some sickos
  • bimmerjt9
    Options
    Blacken carrots in a sauté with olive oil.

And yeah sweet potatoes if they count. Thought they were more if a starchy thing like regular potatoes.
  • sandyclawz1
    Options
    My favorite way to eat onions on the grill is whole, cut out a small hole where the root grows. Put a beef bullion cube and a small pat of butter, wrap it in tin foil and throw it on the grill. They taste like French onion soup!

What a great idea! I'll have to try it! I love French onion soup.

I love brussels sprouts roasted with garlic & balsamic vinegar, cauliflower roasted with some garlic & lemon juice, chinese broccoli, bok choy, spinach, water spinach and greens in general - stir fried with some garlic/sesame oil/soy sauce, zucchini, yellow squash, corn cooked any way, sweet potatoes, regular potatoes, daikon, carrots cooked & raw, broccoli, peas, artichoke...I like a lot of different veg.

I like more veg than I dislike. I dislike: beets, eggplant, bell peppers, mushrooms.
  • hotjodels
    hotjodels Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan of Brussels Sprouts. I just boil them with a little salt or steam them and put some butter on them. lol
  • LoneWolfRunner
    LoneWolfRunner Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    My favorite way to have veggies is raw with some hummus or dip made with fat free sour cream and a ranch packet from Hidden Valley! I love cucumbers, carrots, celery.
    ^^^ yep
  • Coltsforlife
    Options
    steamed broccoli!!! even raw , just feed me broccoli and i am set for the day !
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,862 Member
    Options
    Broccoli, shame about the farts though.

I also put onions in a lot of things.