Are belly button rings still fashionable?

Options
I had my belly button pierced back when I was 18 or 19 (I am 28 now). And I wore it up until I was about 22which is when I started putting on weight. My pants would dig into it and when my roll started getting bigger, it just wasn't doable anymore. The peircing never migrated out and it didn't grow in and now that I am losing the weight it won't be long now that I can wear them again.. but is it an "in" thing esp for ppl in their late 20s/early 30s???

Replies

• DjinnMarie
    DjinnMarie Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    I still wear mine, but it's kind of pointless since I never show my stomach in public. I'm kind of conservative (while in public anyway).
  • z_bra
    z_bra Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    it was trashy even ten years ago...
  • leahraskie
    leahraskie Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    ....Unless your stomach is amazingly beautiful and you're going to be prouncing around in a bikini they are pretty pointless.

I'm 21, and I see one every so often but they aren't really that desirable.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options
    Nope
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    No, they're going back to being considered trashy.

Surprisingly (to me), hair that looks bleached-blond is popular in some areas.

It's nice to be old and not care about fashion. :)
  • Elsie_Brownraisin
    Elsie_Brownraisin Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    If you feel comfortable and want to, why not? You're not going to be gyrating around in a boob tube at the queue in the supermarket or post office are you?

And being desirable to 21 year old men was something that stopped being important to me a long time ago. When I was 18.
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Id say no, but whatever makes u happy
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    i think they look good.
  • __freckles__
    __freckles__ Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I'm 31 and personally think it would look tacky on me at my age. Just my opinion.
  • mundaycarroll
    mundaycarroll Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter if they are 'in' or not.. If you want to wear one then go ahead and do it. Everyone has a different reason for wanting something pierced. I've had mine pierced 3 different times now and I'm considering getting it done a fourth time and I'll be 27 this year. It's all a matter of opinion.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    I think it would be a personal preference, who cares what other people think.
  • JJofWA
    JJofWA Posts: 15
    Options
    I bet your husband would think it's sexy on you...
  • lucent78
    lucent78 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    If it makes you happy go for it! That's all that matters.
  • MaryMcnz
    MaryMcnz Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm in my 50's and still have mine.
    I don't give a flying fig if they're "in" or not. I don't waste a single second worrying what other people think of it.
    When you get to my age, you learn to do what pleases you - if you like it wear it.
  • Sherbear1109
    Sherbear1109 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    If you like it, wear it. I've had mine since I was young and have no intentions of getting rid of it. Even though it's rarely seen these days. Lol
  • LiminalAscendance
    LiminalAscendance Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    All the individuals calling them "trashy" seems rather odd.

Kinda judgmental for a weight-loss forum.

But, then again, it might be sour grapes. I doubt many here would want to focus attention on their gut.
  • Autumn_Days
    Autumn_Days Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I personally love mine, not that anyone is seeing my tummy lately. I got mine and have been using it as a bit of motivation to get my stomach back to how it used to be before pregnancy.

I don't think they are trashy at all when shown at appropriate times, like at the beach. If you want yours back in, go for it! The judgy type people will always judge... Do it for yourself if you want to, not them because they decide it's not an "in" thing :)
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    I hope I still care about fashion when I'm old. I'm gonna be a hott old biddy.
  • GetSoda
    GetSoda Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    It's cute, no younger than 18, no older than 19.