Are belly button rings still fashionable?

Options

Replies

• jeichelb83
    jeichelb83 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Absolutely not. I fee the same way about nose piercings, just....ew.
  • BaDaSsBrUnEtTe
    BaDaSsBrUnEtTe Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Others opinions on what you do with your body is silly...if you like it...get it. Who cares what anyone else thinks.
  • Catter_05
    Catter_05 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    If you feel comfortable and want to, why not? You're not going to be gyrating around in a boob tube at the queue in the supermarket or post office are you?

And being desirable to 21 year old men was something that stopped being important to me a long time ago. When I was 18.

Haha! I love it. That is the perfect answer. I say if it makes you feel good go for it! Fashion is all about confidence. And, of course, not "gyrating around in a boob tube at the queue in the supermarket or post office". No one looks good doing that :laugh:
  • Miss_1999
    Miss_1999 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I'm in my 50's and still have mine.
    I don't give a flying fig if they're "in" or not. I don't waste a single second worrying what other people think of it.
    When you get to my age, you learn to do what pleases you - if you like it wear it.

Amen, sister! That's exactly what I was getting ready to add! You do it for YOU and what you like! My piercings are for me, my tattoos are for me. I got my belly button pierced when I was 34. LOVED it! Don't regret it for a second. If it weren't for the fact that I have all of this ungodly excess skin that irritated the life out of it, I'd still have it to this day. Don't think that when I get all of it removed, I won't have another one. Don't care if people think it's trashy, it's not about them, it's about me. My mother thinks my tattoo is trashy, so do a lot of other people. Don't care about that, either. My tattoo means the world to me. It's about me, not them. Do what makes you happy, you live in your body, not them. Best wishes!
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Personally, I love them and would really like to have one, but it's not possible with all the loose skin I have. Maybe someday.
  • vanillasugar
    vanillasugar Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I'm in the camp of do what makes you happy and who cares if it's "in" or what anyone else thinks. I've always wanted one because I like them. I'm 40 and plan to get mine done for the first time this fall.
  • Miss_1999
    Miss_1999 Posts: 747 Member
    Options

I'm getting ready to rock your world. I got bored one night while I was working at Merle Norman (was the counter manager there), when in the back, got out a piercing gun, and pierced my nose myself. This was in 2004. Do I regret it? Absolutely not. Love it. Yes, I do think quite highly of myself.

Here it is, in all it's glory. Bask in the glory. I'll spare you the picture of the Joan Osborne hoop.

1932460_1378672895735489_754375925_n.jpg?oh=52990bab9087a49ad33ed160a09abc1e&oe=5462906E
  • Catter_05
    Catter_05 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Loved my nose ring! Pierced it for the first time in college in 1990 and then again in 2010. I had to take it out for teaching. I live in a very conservative area. If we move, and it is allowed by the school district, it will be back :)
  • 42hockeymom
    42hockeymom Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    You do you, and don't worry about what others think! Who cares if belly button rings are trashy or not! If you've got one and you feel good about it and yourself then don't let the haters hate.

Both my daughters have their belly buttons pierced. One has a fit physique, one doesn't. Both girls are beautiful and not trashy and that little piece of jewelry won't make the difference between trashy or not trashy, it's the actions that make a person trash.

Go on and be your bad self!!!!
  • RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    Options

I'm getting ready to rock your world. I got bored one night while I was working at Merle Norman (was the counter manager there), when in the back, got out a piercing gun, and pierced my nose myself. This was in 2004. Do I regret it? Absolutely not. Love it. Yes, I do think quite highly of myself.

Here it is, in all it's glory. Bask in the glory. I'll spare you the picture of the Joan Osborne hoop.

1932460_1378672895735489_754375925_n.jpg?oh=52990bab9087a49ad33ed160a09abc1e&oe=5462906E

It suits you! Beautiful:)
  • sarafischbach9
    sarafischbach9 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    I don't think belly button rings are "in" per say. I noticed my 17 year old cousin who is a high school senior has one, but I have no idea what is big and what isn't in that crowd.

I think that if you want to wear a belly button ring, then you should.
  • JG762
    JG762 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    If you like it and it makes you happy wear it, if not don't. Fashion doesn't really matter.
  • LaReinaDeCorazones
    LaReinaDeCorazones Posts: 274 Member
    Options

Agreed, very lovely
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options

Agreed, very lovely
    i agree as well! the nose piercing looks really nice on you.

as far as the belly ring thing being "in" or not - no idea. i had mine pierced for quite awhile, ended up losing an end to the piercing and it fell out at some point. maybe one day i'll get it re-pierced.

the greatest thing about piercings is if you don't like it you can take it out :happy:
  • PurrlyGirl
    PurrlyGirl Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Are they as trendy now as they once were? No, not really. But if you want it, go for it. Don't let trends dictate what looks good on you, to you. A belly button piercing may be "trashy" to some, but no more trashy than judging others over piercings. :wink:
  • Mamabearto5
    Mamabearto5 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I had my belly button pierced waaaay back when I was 19 (my oldest daughter was a year old) Before it was "cool". Now my 19 yr old daughter has hers pierced (as do all of her friends)... I have kept it through four pregnancies and it's been part of me for quite a while. Never have I taken it out for any period of time. I don't keep it because I want 20 yr old men looking at me... I keep it because it's mine and nobody gets to tell me what I should do or wear because my perception of beauty may be different from yours, but most people that I know or work with dont know that I even have it.... it's not for them, it's for me.

So... to make a long post much shorter... if you want it... do it, keep it, love it.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,953 Member
    Options
    So many people seem to be saying no, but I like them. It might look odd when you're 45.
  • astroophys
    astroophys Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Negative.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    Whatever makes you happy, but I only think they look good on belly dancers.