Making up for "cheating"

Options
13»

Replies

• Pohudet
    Pohudet Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I would just eat my regular breakfast and lunch and then skip dinner. For these two days.
  • SugarBug493
    Options
    Hmmm interesting. I usually go day by day. But that's me. Like today I am going way over so I upped my cardio this am .

But if you feel ok doing this......

I would never survive 24 hours on 900 calories. Especially post workout

We are all different.
  • kem316
    kem316 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Wow...two days of light eating doesn't equal a bad relationship with food.. I do this and I get it, you want to keep your average deficit for the week the same. Though I don't think I would/could keep to 900 cals/day without being super hungry and cranky but if you can go for it. Just be smart about it and make the calories count. Usually when I do this, I will do a bulletproof coffee with protein powder for breakfast and then a huge salad with chicken breast and lots of veggies for lunch, and some kind of lean protein with veggies for dinner. Make sure you get enough protein or you will be hungry. And obviously eat something if you feel like you're starving. Sometimes getting the exact deficit you're shooting for isn't worth feeling like crap.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    OP asks for advice then argues with all suggestions ....except the ones he/she wants to hear :laugh:
  • SugarBug493
    Options
    OP asks for advice then argues with all suggestions ....except the ones he/she wants to hear :laugh:

Because I asked for a low calorie menu. Not a lecture on healthy/disordered eating.
  • NoMoreBlameGame
    NoMoreBlameGame Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    :-/ ...

I didn't realize eating lighter for a few days after a fun weekend is an eating disorder. Okay then.

It's not an eating disorder at all...some people just love to be judgmental. If you oopsied...then you oopsied, it happens, and going light for a couple days is fine if that is what works for *you*.

10 large Mission tortilla chips and some salsa is under 200 calories

Spinach and parmesan cheese is very filling and very low cal....parmesan has 24 cals per TBSP (the brand I have anyway) and spinach is 7 cals per cup

eggo nutri-grain waffles are tasty and those are 140 calories for 2 of them

water...water and more water :)

Oh and green tea (plain)

chicken breast, plain...

1/2 C. cottage cheese and some pineapple...etc

My normal calorie intake is 800-900 a day, period...I really don't care what people say about "thou shalt not eat below 1200 calories"....my bohonkus! I eat 1200 cals and I gain weight. I eat 900 cals and I lose weight.

What works for YOU (if you're consuming the nutrients *your* particular body needs)....is what you should do.

No two people are alike...and placing some umbrella over *everyone* who wants to lose weight...is ridiculous. =)
  • kem316
    Options

No, she asked for advice on what to eat. Not for people's opinions.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Ok so you want low calorie meals...

Breakfast - egg white omelet with veggies, or plain oatmeal
    Lunch and dinner - fish or chicken breast with veggies, or egg white omelet
    Snack - plain Greek yogurt with fruit
  • NoMoreBlameGame
    NoMoreBlameGame Posts: 236 Member
    Options

No, she asked for advice on what to eat. Not for people's opinions.

this ^
  • _whatsherface
    _whatsherface Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Instead of scaling back on food, why don't you maybe exercise more the next 2 days? Also, nobody is perfect. You're not going to eat perfect everyday. Leave it be and continue eating your daily calories. It's a new day. You don't punish your body for the past.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,931 Member
    Options
    maybe try a temporary 5:2 style fast over the next week instead of the next two days...?

Fish is very lean. Veggies are great.
  • kem316
    Options
    Instead of scaling back on food, why don't you maybe exercise more the next 2 days? Also, nobody is perfect. You're not going to eat perfect everyday. Leave it be and continue eating your daily calories. It's a new day. You don't punish your body for the past.

But isn't exercising more "punishing your body"? It's essentially creating the deficit in a different way
  • SugarBug493
    Options

But isn't exercising more "punishing your body"? It's essentially creating the deficit in a different way

And here I was thinking "A calorie deficit is for weight loss and exercise is for bodily health." or "Weight loss is 90% diet and 10% exercise" (famous last mfp words.) :huh: silly me.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Given how you say you eat, I'd drop the snacks or just have veggies instead of your usual.

For me I'd probably switch out some starches and fruit for extra veggies. Meat plus veggies is really filling and low calorie. Wouldn't work if you are sensitive to cutting carbs or have some big workouts planned (which obviously is not advisable on such low cals), but the easiest way for me to cut cals. I don't think it's a big deal for a couple of days if you don't have a binge/restrict thing and aren't seeing it as self punishment.
  • kem316
    Options
    :-/ ...

I didn't realize eating lighter for a few days after a fun weekend is an eating disorder. Okay then.

It's not an eating disorder at all...some people just love to be judgmental. If you oopsied...then you oopsied, it happens, and going light for a couple days is fine if that is what works for *you*.

10 large Mission tortilla chips and some salsa is under 200 calories

Spinach and parmesan cheese is very filling and very low cal....parmesan has 24 cals per TBSP (the brand I have anyway) and spinach is 7 cals per cup

eggo nutri-grain waffles are tasty and those are 140 calories for 2 of them

water...water and more water :)

Oh and green tea (plain)

chicken breast, plain...

1/2 C. cottage cheese and some pineapple...etc

My normal calorie intake is 800-900 a day, period...I really don't care what people say about "thou shalt not eat below 1200 calories"....my bohonkus! I eat 1200 cals and I gain weight. I eat 900 cals and I lose weight.

What works for YOU (if you're consuming the nutrients *your* particular body needs)....is what you should do.

No two people are alike...and placing some umbrella over *everyone* who wants to lose weight...is ridiculous. =)

I'm sure you've heard it before, but since you put it out there, I have to say it...this ^ is insane. There is a big difference between eating 900 calories for a day or so and eating 900 calories everyday. This is not healthy. You are destroying your body.
  • threnjen
    threnjen Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    I find that on days where I have surprise calories left at the end, I've eaten a lot of lean protein, greek yogurt, cottage cheese, beef jerky. I've found I'm quite the obligate carnivore and any type of protein is extremely filling for me. If I eat a lot of carbs I just get hungrier faster. So a day where I am trying to go a little leaner, I will aim at protein protein protein.
  • wannakimmy
    wannakimmy Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Just log your cheat day and move on. It is not going to affect your long term goal. You would really have had to eat a ton of calories to have an actual weight gain.
  • PlumpKitten
    PlumpKitten Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Oh, for gosh sakes - the OP just asked for a simple 900-calorie menu. It's a totally reasonable request on a weight-loss website, for a petite woman's who's just overindulged.

(Personally, I maintain at 1600, and lose slowly at 1200 - so 900 is not particularly extreme)

Anyway, to answer your question - here's a 950 calorie day with about 60 grams of protein. I put it as a "sample menu" on tomorrow's food log. You can see it here:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/PlumpKitten?date=2014-09-03

Breakfast - egg white & veggie omelet, wheat toast, coffee with skim milk
    Lunch - chicken breast & green salad
    Dinner - tofu & veggie stir-fry & rice

It's lean, but not exactly starvation.
    If you're hungry but still want to maintain those levels, throw in a a piece of fruit / yogurt - and then go for a run.
    Good luck!
  • PlumpKitten
    PlumpKitten Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Or, to go with my usual brunch / dinner plan when I'm trying to go lean

Brunch - 3 egg omelet, 1 slice wheat toast, grilled tomato / mushrooms, coffee w/ skim milk
    Dinner - 1 pork chop, 1 baked potato, side veggies

900 calories, 50 grams protein.
    (It's on the Thursday entry of my food log)
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Oh, for gosh sakes - the OP just asked for a simple 900-calorie menu. It's a totally reasonable request on a weight-loss website, for a petite woman's who's just overindulged.

:yawn: