drowning!

why is this so hard for me? I am so frustrated and unmotivated, i cannot stick to plans i make, goals i set myself....
need help, advice, inspiartion anything......

Replies

• 185dengbiqi
    185dengbiqi Posts: 36 Member
    anybody
  • Lottiotta
    Lottiotta Posts: 162 Member
    Set really tiny goals! Like, really easy ones. Ones that make you go, "pffft, I can do that in my sleep."
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Hey.

Can't see your diary so I don't know if maybe you are setting goals that are too hard?

Don't buy into the - 'you must eat clean' or 'cut out sugar' or 'cut out fat' or try this amazing diet mind sets.

Just set a small loss for each week, eat the food you enjoy (within calorie and macro goals) add some exercise if you like then reassess as you go. Good luck :)
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Are you following MFP? What are your goals?
  • 185dengbiqi
    I am not setting any goals other than to lose weight, i just cant stick to my calories, be bothered to exercise ...
  • 185dengbiqi
    I am one week extremly motivated, eating well, burning calories then i just give up, be lazy eat crap ???? whats that all about?
  • liannexxx
    liannexxx Posts: 201 Member
    Your not going to drown if your reaching out for help :) we won't let you!

Maybe you are setting your goals to high? Are they what you really want? Have you ever heard of S.M.A.R.T goals? Google this! It really helps me to break down my goals so I know what I can achieve and realistically by when.

Don't be so hard on yourself. Look at how many times people have failed things before they went on to achieve great success :)

X
  • Branstin
    What is the problem with sticking to your calories? Are you allocating enough calories to begin with? Are you eating under or over? Why can't you be bothered with investing some time on your health?
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,069 Member
    How many calories do you have to work with? If it's 1200 then that's going to be a struggle for anyone. Not knocking it, I've done it myself but 1500 or 1700 or 2000 is much more preferable to me now.

If you aren't already, try setting MFP to 1lb or 0.5 lb a week loss and see if you find that easier to stick to.
  • NoMoreBlameGame
    NoMoreBlameGame Posts: 236 Member
    I have days like this also...I guess I assumed most people did. I don't have them all the time...but I do have my days.

What helped me was as another user stated, set *tiny* goals...but then *reward* yourself for those goals reached.

When I look at the overall goal, it makes me cringe and want to crawl into a cupboard with a piece of cheesecake! Aack!

...but if I place a goal on myself like 5 lbs. and 1 set of wall exercises....it's much less daunting of a task than to say "I need to lose a zillion pounds right this second!"

Are you treating yourself when you reach small goals? I do! I usually buy a book I've been wanting, or I'll buy Evian glass water bottles instead of the store brand, cheapy plastic ones...or I'll get myself a Netflix movie and veg out on on the couch. I cut a LOT of things out of my daily routine...things I *really* enjoyed (not just food)....and I'm using those things as my rewards.

(I guess my suggestion is to treat yourself for accomplished goals)
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    YOU are the only one that can decide that. YOU have to want it. YOU have to put the work in. This is an inside job! We are but here to support you along the way.
  • 185dengbiqi
    MFP gives me 1380 calories and that is great, i do fine all day ,burn some calories then eat a whole loaf of bread for no reason, I am not even hungry.... I have lost weight and i am down from my original more than 50 pounds and i understand good nutrition i eat a varied healthy diet and then i just give up so easily I am 240 something pounds so i have alot of weight to lose and right now it seems an impossible task
  • lsorci919
    lsorci919 Posts: 772 Member
    It helped for me to set small goals. for example instead to saying I want to lose 100 lb, I set a goal for 5 or 10 lbs and then when I reached that goal I set a new one. I also set fitness goals for myself, like, 5 more minutes of cardio a day or upping my reps or weight.

If you are having a hard time sticking with your calorie goals, plan your meals and snacks out for the day. before you deter from your plan ask yourself of that's something you really want to do. When it comes down to it, no one can make you stick to this except yourself.
  • Branstin
    What kind of foods do you eat? Do you hit your macros (dietary fat, protein, and fiber)? How much weight do you want to lose and what did you set your weekly weight loss goal to in MFP?
  • Jazz_2014
    Jazz_2014 Posts: 150 Member
    To make a lifestyle change you have to make it habit. Pick one thing and change it. For example, I drank a lot of sweet tea. I went from unsweet tea with Splenda, then I went from unsweet tea to water and lemon. I picked something (only one thing) and made a change. Other examples: instead of 1/2 hour of watching television, I got up and moved. Then I went to an hour zumba class. I used to eat bacon, eggs, pancakes with some type of bread too. I now drink a breakfast smoothie.
    Pick something and change it to an improved habit.
    I love the question/answer . . . how do you eat an elephant? answer: one bite at a time.
  • 185dengbiqi
    I have tried the rewards system, i have tried measuring my success with fitness instead of the scale, i give myself fitness goals that are totally achievable even if its just walking 30 minutes a day etc, i have just lost that spark, that click moment.. that drive and desire and i want to know how to get it back!
  • 185dengbiqi
    Your not going to drown if your reaching out for help :) we won't let you!

Maybe you are setting your goals to high? Are they what you really want? Have you ever heard of S.M.A.R.T goals? Google this! It really helps me to break down my goals so I know what I can achieve and realistically by when.

Don't be so hard on yourself. Look at how many times people have failed things before they went on to achieve great success :)

X
    thanks for that link !
  • Shropshire1959
    Shropshire1959 Posts: 982 Member
    anybody

wow you waited a whole minute for a reply ... you have WAY more patience than me :ohwell:
  • lsorci919
    lsorci919 Posts: 772 Member
    I have tried the rewards system, i have tried measuring my success with fitness instead of the scale, i give myself fitness goals that are totally achievable even if its just walking 30 minutes a day etc, i have just lost that spark, that click moment.. that drive and desire and i want to know how to get it back!

Somethings I use is

bodymedia armband (tracks everything I do and the fact that its on my arm reminds me to get off my butt and do something)

I have a wall where I have all my exercises, goals, weight, and measurements (also reminds me what and why I'm doing this)

I have before pictures and progress pictures (shows me the result of sticking to it)
  • lbzdanielbroad
    lbzdanielbroad Posts: 7 Member
    You are looking outside yourself for something that should be found within.

Re-examine your motives for losing weight, maybe you don't really want to?