Fave healthy desserts?

Options
NoxDineen
NoxDineen Posts: 497 Member
Please share your favorite healthy desserts. Bonus points if it's got lots of protein.

Thank you.

Replies

• seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I doubt this is really what you are looking for, but I enjoy it so I thought I would share. I like to make a "banana split" using a whole or half banana, sliced strawberries, a few chocolate chips or a tbsp of Nutkao (similar to Nutella), some whipped topping & a few nuts (optional). I don't use any ice cream - I know that is blasphemy to most, but I enjoy it anyway. Could also be made with plain Greek yogurt I suppose.
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
  • NoxDineen
    NoxDineen Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Both great, thanks guys.

Let's keep 'em coming!
  • klczeus
    klczeus Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I don't have a recipe, but I wanted to say thank you for putting a question mark after the topic. How many damn front page topics are "Greatest recipe ever!" "So does anyone have a great recipe?".

Thanks
  • laceyf53
    laceyf53 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Do you have an ice cream maker? I make chocolate froyo using this recipe: http://almondmilk.net/almond-milk-ice-cream

I add a couple tablespoon of PB2 for an amazing peanut butter and chocolate flavor. I replace the sugar with monk fruit extract as I prefer it to stevia, but any sweetener works. Add a little PB2 drizzle on top and you have a decently healthy dessert.
  • roeroe5
    Options
    Maybe not "really" a desert, but it's so good. Double cream plain yoghurt with dried cranberries, sometimes i add some chopped nuts.
  • fanaledrinks112
    Options
    Simple Broiled Grapefruit.

Directions.

Preheat the oven's broiler and set the oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source.
    Place grapefruit halves, cut sides up, onto a baking sheet; sprinkle each with about 1 1/2 tablespoon of brown sugar.
    Broil the grapefruit until the brown sugar has melted and begun to bubble, 3 to 8 minutes. Let cool for a few minutes before eating warm.

Fanale Drinks
  • erisians
    erisians Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    My staples are lite jelly (Aeroplane Jelly, port wine flavour is the only kind I like) with a tablespoon or two of low fat Greek yoghurt with a couple of sliced strawberries. I'm not sure if Farmer's Union Greek yoghurt is sold outside Australia, but it's by far the nicest greek yogurt I've tasted, I haven't liked the taste or texture of the US brands I've tried. I also like the weight watchers low calorie chocolate mousse with sliced strawberries.
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,039 Member
    Options
    one cup raw strawberries, one cup of nonfat greek vanilla yogurt, one tablespoon of cinnamon (mix the yogurt and cinnamon first, then dump in the raw strawberries.
  • Goin4goal
    Goin4goal Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    My latest is vanilla Greek yogurt with 1/2 scoop protein powder, PB2, and ground flax seed (sometimes I add a TBS of real natural peanut butter). Very rich and delish!!
  • knoelledi
    knoelledi Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Kim's Pops (like giant rice cakes only made with corn and much more tasty) with almond butter and 1/2 banana. Can also put a little honey to make it sweeter and in a pinch we did it with apples which was yummy too. It's my go to dessert.
  • sheepysaccount
    sheepysaccount Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I am currently obsessed with plain yoghurt with a tablespoon of maple syrup. Some frozen red currants are optional, but makes the whole affair more icy :)
  • mzbek24
    mzbek24 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    100g Frozen banana, 30g chocolate whey protein powder, 15-20g chocolate drink powder stuff ( I like Ovaltine cold crunch) and blend in the blender to make 'ice cream'. It's pretty yummy!
  • mzbek24
    mzbek24 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Also these are yum. Can use Greek yogurt to up the protein count.
    http://www.familyfreshmeals.com/2013/05/frozen-yogurt-covered-blueberries.html
  • rainrain83
    rainrain83 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    saw this on pinterest and it is yum
    1/2 cup greek yoghurt
    2 tablespoons mini choc chips
    1 tablespoon natural peanut butter
    1 tablespoon honey
    pinch salt
    1/2 tsp vanilla
    mix & enjoy.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I wanted to come back and add this recipe for Low Fat Zucchini Banana Brownies. My husband and I have made it many times over the past couple of years, and it's really moist and good. It bakes up more like a cake than traditional brownies. We usually add a few unsalted peanuts and they make it even better.

Last night I made 1/2 recipe in a 9X9 pan and it turned out terrific. Depending on how you portion them, they are between 124-250 calories each. The 250 calorie one would be 1/6 of a 9X9 with peanuts in it ;-)

http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=474935
  • shandyw
    shandyw Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie (made with almond milk). It satisfies my sweet cravings so I don't give in to the temptation of less than healthy things.
  • Bellodesiderare
    Bellodesiderare Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I doubt this is really what you are looking for, but I enjoy it so I thought I would share. I like to make a "banana split" using a whole or half banana, sliced strawberries, a few chocolate chips or a tbsp of Nutkao (similar to Nutella), some whipped topping & a few nuts (optional). I don't use any ice cream - I know that is blasphemy to most, but I enjoy it anyway. Could also be made with plain Greek yogurt I suppose.

This sounds divine and I'm stealing it. Thank you!!
  • shandyw
    shandyw Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I wanted to come back and add this recipe for Low Fat Zucchini Banana Brownies. My husband and I have made it many times over the past couple of years, and it's really moist and good. It bakes up more like a cake than traditional brownies. We usually add a few unsalted peanuts and they make it even better.

Last night I made 1/2 recipe in a 9X9 pan and it turned out terrific. Depending on how you portion them, they are between 124-250 calories each. The 250 calorie one would be 1/6 of a 9X9 with peanuts in it ;-)

http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=474935

I like the Fiber One Brownies for dessert but I will definitely have to try this Zucchini Banana Brownie recipe.
  • knitapeace
    knitapeace Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options

Thank you for this link! The tiramisu cake looks just amazing!