Fave healthy desserts?

Options

Replies

• vegkitten
    vegkitten Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Chia Pudding!

You can use any kind of milk, but I use Flax Milk, so that it's an Omega-3 powerhouse. You mix the milk with chia seeds, and stir occasionally then refridgerate. After an hour or more, it's like a pudding with little pops of chia seeds in it. You can add a little sweetener to it (I've used jam, agave nectar, or just use a sweetened milk). It's amazing. And now I want some. :P
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    My go-to is a big ol' scoop of PB! :blushing:
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    If you are casting about for something healthier (and much easier) than pie to serve for dessert, look up "clafouti." It's basically a lot of fruit baked in a thin batter. Yummy.

The simplest way to make a clafouti is to
    -butter a pyrex baking dish
    -pour in enough frozen dark sweet cherries to cover the bottom of the baking dish
    -make a batter in the blender
    -pour the batter over the cherries and bake.

Serve warm or cold, with or without ice cream or whipped cream.

There are a zillion recipes on the web. This is one of mine: http://www.justapinch.com/recipes/dessert/fruit-dessert/cherry-clafouti.html but I don't always do the extra step of precooking/sweetening the cherries. You can also do blueberries (frozen or fresh) and almost any other fruit.
  • saskie78
    saskie78 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I second some them already included here: namely chia pudding and the broiled grapefruit. I eat this one often:

Put one cup of fresh blueberries in an oven-friendly dish (like a rameken)
    Top with about 4 tbsp of plain greek yogurt (I use fat free plain. You could use vanilla or something if you wanted).
    Top with 1 tsp of brown sugar
    Broil in toaster oven until it is warm through and sugar is bubbly and carmelized.
    Top with about 1/8 cup of chopped dates

Eat! Sweet and yummy, but adds some nutrition.
  • Kaelakcr
    Kaelakcr Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Chopped apples with cinnamon, a little brown sugar, and a touch of butter over...pretty much anything. Frozen yogurt (protein!), crepe, yogurt, by itself, in oatmeal, mmm so good.
  • Kaelakcr
    Kaelakcr Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    saw this on pinterest and it is yum
    1/2 cup greek yoghurt
    2 tablespoons mini choc chips
    1 tablespoon natural peanut butter
    1 tablespoon honey
    pinch salt
    1/2 tsp vanilla
    mix & enjoy.

Oh gosh, this sounds amazing.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Watermelon......THE BEST!
  • bschoo01
    bschoo01 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese (tub) mixed with orange jello packet, can of mandarin oranges, and 1/4-1/2 tub lite whip cream. I call it orange fluff. It sounds weird bit it is delish!! It also has a lot of protein and is only around 200-240 cals (depending on amount of whip) for a really decent portion size :)
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Best dessert is Talenti Gelato or my homemade ice cream... it is essential for my mental health
  • breahremington
    Options
    I love these pumpkin cookies! Only about 42 cals each. I usually substitute off brand artificial sweetener in for the sugar, so that i can plop several dark chocolate chips onto each cookie for the same amount of calories! You could of course do both regular sugar AND the chocolate chips, I just like keeping the cals as low as possible so I can have several in a sitting :)

http://nutritionfor.us/2011/09/eat-skinny-be-skinny-42-calorie-pumpkin-cookies/
  • jenversuslife
    jenversuslife Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Apple with honey and dessicated coconut
    Chocolate brownies made with avocado and wholemeal flour
    Home popped popcorn topped with various goodies. It's amazing with almond butter.
    Microwave mug cake (can add chocolate, cocoa, other flavourings etc)

I found a recipe on pinterest for peanut butter cookies with 4 ingredients for only 93 cals each so I want to give them a go (1 cup ground almonds, 180g medjool dates, half cup peanut butter, 1.5 tsp vanilla extract making 20 cookies)
  • saerasha
    Options
    Someone gave me this one the other day, I cant have it as I'm in ketosis but it sounded yummy and easy. A cup of Ricotta beaten until fluffy, add berries of choice. Personally I would choose good sauce berries, for example : 1 cup of fresh sliced strawberries and 1 tsp of sugar, toss the berries in the sugar and mix well, let em sit for about 5 minutes, the sugar will pull moisture from the berries giving you what tastes like a decadent topping.
  • laceyf53
    laceyf53 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I made a chocolate peanut butter shake yesterday that was amazing.

- 1/2 cup fat free half and half
    - 1/2 cup ice
    - 1 tablespoon Hershey's Extra Dark cocoa powder
    - 2 tablespoons PB2
    - 1/2 teaspoon liquid stevia or monk fruit extract, or mix the two (my favorite)

I start by getting the ice really ground up, like shave ice. Then I add the rest of the ingredients and continue blending. Mixing monk fruit and stevia gives optimal sweetness without the bitter aftertaste from the stevia. This shake is REALLY good, like the real thing good, and it's only 130 calories per 8-9 ounce serving.
  • 24Gem
    Options
    Protein fluff - basically just protein powder, frozen fruit and milk (of your choice) whipped up to a huge fluffy mousse.

Check out protein pow if you're into baking
  • godswill206
    Options
    Breakfast or Dessert Protein Parfait

8oz fage 0%
    1/4 cup or less of unsalted mix nuts milled
    2 tablespoons of milled flaxseed
    2 tablespoons of hemp hearts
    few leaves of fresh mint
    6oz of fresh fruit of your choice

Just layer each ingredient. Quick, cheap, super healthy and easy.
  • pocketmole
    pocketmole Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    nothing beats a raunchy chocolate cake or caramel drizzled fudge brownie when it comes to dessert, but i have a feeling those aren't the sort of things you're looking for, hehe.

it terms of lower calorie alternatives, my recent infatuation is simple pear slices sprinkled with cinnamon. i know it doesn't sound like much but i'm obsessing over it lately. so tasty!
  • AmigaMaria001
    AmigaMaria001 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Bread Pudding (approx 160 per serving) 2 servings
    • 1 egg
    • ¼ C 1% milk
    • 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
    • 1 to 2 tsp of calorie free sweetener of your choice (pink, yellow or blue pkt) whichever you prefer
    • 1 slice day old French bread (Or the heel of any loaf of bread)
    • 2 Tbsp raisins, dried cranberries or any dried fruit of your choice OR even chocolate mini chips
    • Pure Maple Syrup (Optional)

1. Whip the egg well with a fork
    2. Add the milk, vanilla and sweetener
    3. Stir in the dried fruit
    4. Tear up the bread and soak in the egg/milk mixture
    5. Pour into a ramekin or small baking dish
    6. Let set for at least 1 hour up to overnight
    7. Bake 350° for 20 minutes or until top starts to get very lightly browned
    8. You can drizzle a Tbsp of pure maple syrup over top just before eating
    9. Enjoy right out of the over or room temperature
  • 2BeHappy2
    2BeHappy2 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Now youre talkin' :bigsmile: !!
  • Rosie_McA
    Rosie_McA Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    My Quinoa and rhubarb porridge which I have as a dessert or for breakfast:

Ingredients makes four servings and comes in around 180cals with 15g of protein and tastes great and is nice and filling:

Quinoa, 100 g
    Alpro - Almond (Unsweetened), 200 ml
    Cinnamon - Cinnamon, 4 Tsp
    Whey Protein - Strawberry, 54 g (two servings)
    Rhubarb - Raw, 440.0 g
    Silver Spoon - Truvia 1.5 g, 12 grams

Soak, cook, and drain the quinoa, dice and stew the rhubarb, then mix with the other ingredients and warm in the microwave. Just had some and I feel pleasantly full.
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    Now youre talkin' :bigsmile: !!

Even better a scoop of pb with a scoop of cocao powder.