Looking for Reward Ideas for my Husband

Options

Replies

• Screwedntattooed
    Screwedntattooed Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Steak and/or a BJ?

Ha! Just what I was thinking minus the steak :)
  • laurajo521
    laurajo521 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I am glad y'all said what I was thinking.

But, because I'm not a man, I thought sports before sex, but both will work. And steak. I don't know much about men, but I know that's the holy trifecta of interacting with men.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Threesome <----joke answer.

Save and plan a nice trip, new clothes, etc.
  • LianaG1115
    LianaG1115 Posts: 453 Member
    Options

He does well with competition, but our goals are so different that I can't really offer him any kind of good competitiveness.

So: how would YOU motivate and reward a stubborn, willful guy who has everything, but still has hazy ideas about getting in shape and losing weight?

Thanks in advance for your help!

1st part of this, either by posting pics of ripped dudes around the house and telling hubby how hot they are and you want him to be that way too. OR possibly signing him up to a gym where there are lots of ripped guys and he's kinda "forced" into keeping up.

Second part, you can't make someone get motivation, he has to find it within himself to get it. A reward system set up by yourself is something you do for children. If he wants it he's gotta do it or else it loses ALL meaning and can become a problem in the relationship if he feels forced into it.
  • Tbaby1514
    Tbaby1514 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Maybe role play one of his fantasies every time he hits a big goal, then small stuff like sex in a random place/*kitten* etc for small goals like 5 days of logging under/at calories.
  • Oi_Sunshine
    Oi_Sunshine Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    So: how would YOU motivate and reward a stubborn, willful guy who has everything, but still has hazy ideas about getting in shape and losing weight?

I wouldn't. If he's not willing to do it himself, he's not ready and no one will make him ready.

This right here.

You're not his mother.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    Creative nooky.
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options

I wouldn't. If he's not willing to do it himself, he's not ready and no one will make him ready.

^^^I COMPLETELY agree with this!!
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    I say go for some sexual type of rewards, guys are always up for that! lol
    This, it's that simple ladies.
    men-vs-women-machine-500x305.jpg
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    I have a crazy idea.

Ask him what he'd like.
    ^
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    man, you ladies think we're such simple creatures, don't you??
  • JoyeII
    JoyeII Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I vote BJ.
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    I know what works with my kids is making a big poster and putting little gold stars on it when they do what I want. For the husband, how about get a little hand clicker and when he does things right, you can click it and tell him how awesome he is. If he's into competition, enter him into an agility contest or a frisbee catch. Or, if he's really stubborn, you can shame him by rubbing his nose into the grease on the plate after he eats the cheeseburger.
  • meganmiedema
    meganmiedema Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I say go for some sexual type of rewards, guys are always up for that! lol

This, it's that simple ladies.
    no it's not.

Exactly. Not saying that the OP isn't into sex with her husband but why should she have to use her body as the bait to get him to achieve his goals? Sounds a little icky to me. Sex shouldn't be a bargaining chip. I would say offer to cook his favorite meal or go to his favorite restaurant for a nice splurge. Then maybe you both can go home and celebrate each achieving your goals be sexin' all night!
  • northbanu
    northbanu Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Sex only works for motivation if he/she isn't getting much. Good sex isn't a reward, it's a way of life.
  • longtimeterp
    longtimeterp Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    man, you ladies think we're such simple creatures, don't you??

WE ARE!!!
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    Seriously, though, they're his rewards.
    He needs to decide what motivates him.
    You might suggest things, but he has to accept & work toward them.

Sex, hobby support, night with the guys, afternoon of no-nagging hogging the TV for sports...
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options
    Sorry but if the "reward" is a blow job I'm out.
    Blow jobs should be a regular occurence not just incentive to do something.

He's got to have an interest in something or a hobby that you can base his rewards off of.
  • baba_helly
    baba_helly Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    I'd get a dog I can reward for good behavior.

Or just ask him what he wants.