Has anyone tried weight watchers in the past

Options
13»

Replies

• darkhorse43
    darkhorse43 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I lost 35 pounds on weight watchers using their points program and became a lifetime member. Loved that plan. The problem is that over time they change their plan so if you like using a certain plan but they have moved on you can no longer use their apps and such on the old plan. I find it ridiculous to be told that the new way is better than the old way when the old way had worked for you. So now I'm here relearning but with the MFP system which won't be changing on me every year or two.

The one benefit of meetings is motivation. There is something to be said for getting a round of applause and a sticker or ribbon or whatever when you reach a milestone. At least there is for me.
  • belucky1
    belucky1 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I have been a member on and off for more years than I care to remember but to be honest got fed up working out points so decided to stick to calories at least they are on 99% of products, unlike points which you have to work out.

WW does work but not for me.:laugh:
  • nononocat17
    nononocat17 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I did it almost a year ago, lost about 13 pounds but then had to stop going/it got too expensive.

I liked that WW made it okay to eat most fruits and veggies as 'free' foods compared to calorie counting. BUT I didn't like that WW is trapped in the 80s/90s mentality of fat being bad for you (if you calculate the points yourself in their apps, you see fat is the biggest contributor to building up points). I got SO constipated after being on WW because I wasn't eating enough fat. WW also encourages you to buy their foods and such which are all super processed. Processed/low fat/diet foods are a big way of "cheating the system" on WW, which is great for the scale, but I did't completely agree with that (for me and my needs) in the long-term, and that was pretty off putting.

I lost the bulk of my weight (nearly 60 pounds) calorie counting. I've gained back a little over 10, so I'm trying to get to the next 30 pounds now back at calorie counting.