Full fat options you can't live without?

Options
I know when some people go on a weight loss journey, they cut out fat, or reduce fat in certain food items as part of it.
I recently rediscovered full fat feta (since I grabbed the wrong container at the store), and I'm wondering why I ever thought the fat free feta was a good idea. It's at least 29380234893 times better.

What are some full or larger fat % items you can't live without?

Replies

• GertrudeHorse
    GertrudeHorse Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Full fat milk. But I'd go one step further and include double-cream brie. Mmmm twice the fat!! I think the only thing where I genuinely prefer the "low fat" version is cottage cheese.
  • Anxieux
    Anxieux Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Mexican sour cream. its already watery enough. Can't imagine a low fat option.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    I don't eat low-fat for fat loss, a lot of fatty foods I just don't like. I'm still eating 70g a day (give or take, sometimes way more) of fat.

I've tried both full fat and no fat greek yogurt, they taste the same to me so I buy no-fat. I prefer part skim mozza because of the milder flavour. I guess the only full fat things I eat are pure fat sources (butter, oil) and peanut butter. Otherwise I prefer leaner cuts of meat as I trim it to 0" fat anyways, leaner ground meats, I started drinking skim milk as a kid and much prefer that if I do drink milk now.... yeah idk. I'm perfectly fine with eating more volume while still getting about 30% of my calories from fat!
  • stuffinmuffin
    stuffinmuffin Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    Fage Total full fat Greek yoghurt! However I do also use the 0% fat one also (though generally have to make sure I have something to mix in with it to sweeten it up a bit). Depends on my macros for the day as to which one I have. But the full fat one is delicious.
  • roeroe5
    Options
    Butter, double cream yoghurt, cream and cheese. Life is sooooo much better now and healthy food is tasty :smile:
  • ekat120
    ekat120 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Usually Fage Total Greek yogurt (and full-fat yogurt in general--so much more satisfying!), but I've switched to 2% to help me get more protein. The idea of reduced-fat or nonfat cheese boggles my mind. And I much prefer full-fat cottage cheese--the lower fat (and especially fat free) always seems like it has a metallic taste or something? I :love: fat!
  • aneary1980
    aneary1980 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Fage greek yogurt, Butter, Cheese. I don't eat anything low fat except semi skimmed milk my mum switch to that when I was young so full fat is too creamy.
  • 5stringjeff
    5stringjeff Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    I don't eat low-fat or non-fat anything. Whole milk, full-fat yogurt and cheese and sour cream for me.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    butter.
    olive oil
    Peanut butter.
    Nuts.
    Beef.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    steak and cheese and milk.

well- I"m a 2% milk person- but I can't do less than that.

same with cheese- who the *kitten* invented low fat cheese. seriously- they need to be shot.
  • bugaboo_sue
    bugaboo_sue Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I am the same with the Feta. I used to buy the low fat or no fat version and I compared the labels once and it wasn't a huge difference. Also I was a skim milk girl, then switched to 1% and now I get raw milk from a farm that is a billion times better than anything you could ever get at a store.

I don't skimp on my butter or my cheese either.
  • dmoses
    dmoses Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    peanut butter
  • megmarie81
    megmarie81 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese. I can't stand the fat free or lower fat stuff.,
  • Slacker16
    Slacker16 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    I'm a bit surprised by people saying butter or oil. What would low fat butter be?

Anyway, full fat sour cream for me.
    I can deal with light cheese and yogurt, and don't drink milk, but sour cream is sacred.
  • JtKeil
    JtKeil Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    I'm ok with half fat cheese, sour cream etc. But! I can't have reduced fat peanut butter. It has to be natural or none at all.
  • bugaboo_sue
    Options
    I'm a bit surprised by people saying butter or oil. What would low fat butter be?

Margarine or i can't believe it's not butter crap.
  • Leonidas_meets_Spartacus
    Options
    heavy cream, butter, bacon, rib eye, cheese, greek yogurt ..
  • JtKeil
    JtKeil Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options

Anyway, full fat sour cream for me.
    I can deal with light cheese and yogurt, and don't drink milk, but sour cream is sacred.

http://www.lurpak.com/gb/our-products/#lurpak-lighter-speadable-slightly-salted

That's the brand I usually buy, it's basically watered down butter with some vegetable oil. It sounds bad but I don't mind the taste at all.
  • bugaboo_sue
    Options
    heavy cream, butter, bacon, rib eye, cheese, greek yogurt ..

Oh yes I forgot about bacon! None of that turkey bacon crap for us!
  • tiggsnanny
    tiggsnanny Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I don't eat low fat, I love butter, bacon, full fat cottage cheese, I just fit it into my calories :happy: