P90X CHALLENGE!!!!! STARTS JANUARY 1 2011

Options

Replies

• happinessblossoms
    happinessblossoms Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I can't wait to get started! :o)
  • think48
    think48 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Me me me me ME! :)
    I will either start Jan 1 or Jan 3... hehe. But soon!!! I'm SOOOOO excited about this. Can't wait!
  • Melisha82
    Options
    I'm totally in!!
  • CombatVet_Armywife
    CombatVet_Armywife Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Found it! Yay! Thanks again Sarina! Can't wait to BRING IT!! Good luck to us all :happy:
    Is anyone going to maintain the thread or track everyone's results? Just wondering...I am currently involved in the 30lbs by Christmas challenge and it sure helped having people doing those things. So excited!!
  • Serenifly
    Serenifly Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I found mine on Craigslist for 60$ :) Get it tomorrow can't wait. So I'm all set to start January 16 (I move into my new place January 15, so if I'm a day behind I'll let eveyrone know)

Need to lose 25 lbs
  • murf19
    murf19 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I found mine on Craigslist for 60$ :) Get it tomorrow can't wait. So I'm all set to start January 16 (I move into my new place January 15, so if I'm a day behind I'll let eveyrone know)

Need to lose 25 lbs

Did you get the diet book etc... A big part of P90x is the 3 phase diet, not just the dvd workouts.
  • Serenifly
    Options
    -13 P90X workout DVDs
    -1 Nutrition guide
    -1 Workout guide
    -1 Workout calender
    -1 Quickstart guide

New in box ... never opened. Even threw in two resistance bands :D Very excited ... My mom met him for me and will give it to me on Xmas :)
  • Serenifly
    Options
    geezus I'm going through the eating plan right now, I dont think I can afford to eat like this. ... holly
  • ClaireElanB
    ClaireElanB Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I'd like to start Jan 1st too!
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    geezus I'm going through the eating plan right now, I dont think I can afford to eat like this. ... holly

Actually I think once you actually start shopping you will find it is not as expensive as you think. There are ways to save money. Like buying your chicken breast frozen and in bulk. The most costly thing I have found is the produce. When my wife and I actually broke down how much we were spending before as opposed to eating right, we actually spent less. Use dinner left overs for lunch the next day, to save even more money.

Hope this helps,
    Stu
  • CombatVet_Armywife
    CombatVet_Armywife Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Cost isn't my issue....I won't be following the eating plan for the same reason I'm never able to follow any other eating plan: availability. I was planning on following THIS eating plan to the letter....until I found the same problem I always find....where the heck do they expect we're going to find the ingredients to buy it???? Most of the ingredients are fine, but then there are others I'm like...wait...what IS that? And when I TRY to find it in my area, it doesn't exist.

So I look for it online and IF I'm even able to find it, it's only sold in stores that don't exist (in my area). I give up. I WISH there were some bright individual to create a decent eating plan that uses 'normal' ingredients and suits all us 'normal' people who shop at 'normal' stores!

I am just going to follow my own eating plan that I've been following since starting with MFP. I've lost 27lbs so far, so I'm hoping what I'm doing will work with P90X too. Not going to stress over it too much. I figure as long as I'm eating the right foods, tracking my intake (cals, carbs, fat, etc.), and following the P90X program, I should be alright!
  • doncheco
    Options
    I cannot start with you all on the 1st as I am on the 2nd month of Round 2, but I wish you the best of luck and hope that you get the same result that I have with this program. As for the nutritional guide provided, I believe that it is great option which will help you maximize your weight loss, but it is not the only way to do it. I personally did not follow and just used this site as a guide to help me eat the right amount of carbs, protein, etc..., and I lost 27 lbs just doing it that way.

I will leave you all with on phrase that Tony Horton (if you didn't know as he likes to say in his videos) uses to sum it all up. BRING IT!
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    @ Beth: How do you like the Lean program?
    [/quote]

I haven't started yet. I'm planning on starting on the 1st. I will tell you all that I'm a bit nervous about it. I don't know how I'll do but am really excited to see if I can make some big changes in the next couple months before swim suit season again. :)

I hope that I disappoint any of you. :)
  • sarina87
    sarina87 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I'm so glad we have more people who want to take on the P90X challenge on the 1st. We got 1 more week. In the mean time i would love to see you guys continue to talk and maybe share you goals for new year and talk about what you achieved or didn't acheive this year. I will try to post my goals within the next 2 day. To be truthful, i feel like garbage right now. I got sick yesterday and it definately feels like i'm gonna be sick all through christmas this year. Just trying to get a lot of rest and heal up is my goal right now. I will talk to ya guys in a lil bit.

sarina
  • happinessblossoms
    happinessblossoms Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Happy Christmas everyone!

Hope you feel better soon Sarina.
  • Katrinamorgan9
    Options
    P90 X is the bomb. I never felt so freaking awesome in my life. I would recommend to all that you do the basic. If you want to be leaner, run more. The lean one doesn't burn as many calories so you don't get to eat as much. For me, that's too tough. But hey, if you are disciplined with the food, go for it. If you are not, you simply won't lose as much weight. I plan to start it about jan 1 too. So let's get after it!!! whoo hoo!
  • epeebes
    epeebes Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    As long as I can get a working dvd player before the 1st I'm in!
  • sarina87
    Options
    P90 X is the bomb. I never felt so freaking awesome in my life. I would recommend to all that you do the basic. If you want to be leaner, run more. The lean one doesn't burn as many calories so you don't get to eat as much. For me, that's too tough. But hey, if you are disciplined with the food, go for it. If you are not, you simply won't lose as much weight. I plan to start it about jan 1 too. So let's get after it!!! whoo hoo!

Thank you for that advise, that is really helpful for me personally.
  • sarina87
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

So its christmas, i hope everyone had a great holiday. For me personally, i was really sick on christmas eve and weighed myself and found out that i lost a pound. YAY but then i ate some pineapple upside down cake. Today when i woke up i was feeling alot better and i decided to go on my elliptical for an hour. I was so full of energy because in the last 2 days i have not gotten time to work out. I burned some serious calories today for sure.

In 1 week from today well will start our P90X challenge and i would really like to hear "What everybody achieved this year and hope to achieve in 2011". I will start you Guys Out.

What i achieved in 2010

I Lost my first 50 pounds and am now at 174. I did this by changing my diet and working out everyday for 40 mins.
    I gave up soda for good
    I gave up Fried food (my food is always grilled)
    I cut down red meats to once a month
    I gave up Fettuchinni alfreado
    I got a Job after being unemployed for a year (in may)
    I gained 15 pounds during the summer but got back to my 50 pound weightloss in nov.
    I got my first apartment
    I fell in love with bike riding and rode my bike to work during spring, summer, and fall

What i am going to achieve in 2011

I am going to lose 10 pounds by february
    I am going to finish P90X 90 DAY CHALLENGE!!!!!
    I am going to embark on the New Year New You challenge at my work starting in jan.
    I am going to Train my Friend.
    I am going to stay true to my diet
    I will not let failure or the unexpected define me.
    I will start riding my bike again to work in the spring
    I will be at my goal weight of 135 pounds by June
    I will get a new wardrobe and have a new life that is my own.

I can't wait to hear everyone else's accomplishments and goals for the new year. Hurry up and type them up

sarina
  • yasdnilear
    yasdnilear Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hey I'll be on week 3 or 4 of Phase 1, so I'll be a bit ahead, but I'd love to join you if that's ok?! I'm doing the lean version, and following mfp cal counting rather than the nutrition plan. Also, if you're looking for more of a cal burn for the lean version you can trade out cardio for plyo which is way tougher. I also sometimes do doubles on strength training days, or go for a run, seems to be working so far.