Other reasons for losing the weight?

Options

Replies

• hellokatee
    hellokatee Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    TO SURVIVE THE ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE!!! and health, always health. ;0)

I think this is a GREAT reason. I want to be able to run away and kick some zombie butt!

:):):)
  • hellokatee
    hellokatee Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    better sex.

AGREED!
  • wanna_be_fit
    wanna_be_fit Posts: 1,523 Member
    Options
    I want to NOT think about my weight all the time for once in my life. I want to be able to be in the picture or video, rather than avoid it. I want to feel good in my clothes. I want to be confident in my skin. I want to have another child at some point, and I want to start my next pregnancy at a healthy weight. But mostly, I just want to be happy with the person I see in the mirror.
  • sinks
    sinks Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I want to fit comfortably in an airplane seat.

I want for someone else to be the "fat" friend.

I want to like what I see in the mirror.

I want to stop shopping in the plus section of the store.

I want to be active again. I've always loved playing sports, but I stopped somewhere along the line.

I want to go sky diving, but the weight limit was always too low (not anymore, I'll be jumping out of a plane this spring!)
  • whyflysouth
    whyflysouth Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Want to try out and get into high school varsity sports, lol. I never stood a chance of getting in as a teenager, looks like it could be possible this time.

Would like to be in shape as a motivator for my kids and someone who pushes them physically as they grow up. It want to ensure that no matter how much my kid's will differ from me, we'll always be able to connect through athletics or fitness activities.

To be that person that I've never been, to impress myself.
  • Healthyby30
    Healthyby30 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    My number 1 reason is because I do not want my children having to go through what I am. I want them to be healthy and happy. They are right now and I always want them to be. I want them to know the importance of eating right and exercising.

Another reason, is obviously my own health and well being.

My vain reasons are: I want to look good! Just b/c I'm a mom doesn't mean I can't turn heads :) I am lucky in that I don't have any mean or nasty exes I want to get revenge on! lol My hubby is very supportive. I met him when I was about 115 lbs, he married me when I was around 200 and even now, he's still around and never says a word about how much I've gained. He always tells me he can see the changes in my weight loss and is very encouraging. I want to look hot for him in the bedroom, too ;) And of course, what someone else said..better sex!!
  • gemful
    gemful Posts: 10
    Options
    A friend of mine asked me yesterday if I see myself as beautiful..she said I was stunning (I lot of people say it). i don't..I know what I see in the mirror. And I truly couldn't answer and did everything in my power to choke back the tears. She hit a raw nerve.....i know exactly how you feel.
  • NightOwl1
    NightOwl1 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    To change the image I have to my friends. I've always been known as the harmless guy, and a lot has to do with my physicque. The combination of my small unmuscular frame, and the added pounds I've had around my stomach and other areas, has made me the harmless one of my friends. I want to lose weight but also gain up in strength and muscle definition so I can look like someone who's in shape.

Being the harmless guy isn't exactly a turn on with the ladies, so changing my image would help with that too.

And this made me laugh:
    From what I have been told by people here, I am trying to fit into shirts that make me look like a douche. :)

I want to have the body where I could fit into *kitten* shirts and rock it, as opposed to just looking goofy and ridiculous.
  • MaggyHouston
    MaggyHouston Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    i need to lose 30lbs to continue with ivf! 8 down, 22 to go!
  • msamcoates
    msamcoates Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Well my reasons are to see exactly what I look like when I do reach my goal. Everyone says I look fine just the way I am but I expect them to say that. My other reason is I want to take sexy photos for my boyfriend for V-day and not be ashamed or trying to hide behind the clothing. I want the clothes to flow off of me ....
  • Papaya81
    Papaya81 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I really like this thread and found myself reading EVERY person's response. Most of us share the same reasons...but here are mine.

-I always have been told I carried weight well, but I still HATE my arms, my beer belly, and my thick thighs...who cares if I carry it well.
    -I have a boyfriend who tells me I am beautiful EVERY day but I wouldn't let him ever see me in a bikini and I find that depressing.
    -I have always been a tad bit overweight, but I am at my peak and I have had enough.
    - I don't want to be the girl who has to crash diet before a wedding, I want to to be bit before the proposal
    -I want to wear lingerie, bikinis, tube tops, short shorts and feel sexy.
    -I want to wake up every morning and look in the mirror and not try and find ways to cover up my insecure spots, I just want to wake up, change in the dark, and feel confident about my appearence.

ohhh there are so many more, but you get the idea!
  • Bermudabarbie
    Bermudabarbie Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Love all of these answers! I totally agree with all of them. Just an added one: I am a photographer. I not only want to continue taking pictures but want to be in front of the camera myself some of the time.

Great post!

Doing it for me.... because I am worth it!
  • dmossett
    Options
    I am doing it so that I can finally go bathing suit shopping...and enjoy the experience.
  • kennedar
    kennedar Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I want to be a mommy. I have been told I most likely have PCOS which is causing my infertility. The only long term treatment for PCOS is to lose weight. I am on a ton of infertility meds, which cost a fortune, and am hoping to avoid IVF. If losing the weight will help that and help my child to be born healthier then I would be stupid not to try it.
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I remember like it was yesterday...
    My daughter wanted to play outside. She had been doing laps on her bike and a friend who lived next door had a ball that rolled into the street. She yelled "I'll get it" and was off in a flash! I raced after her as fast as I could. *no joke, AS FAST AS I COULD* and could only grab the tip of her little pony tail. I pulled her hair as hard as I could and pulled her onto her bootie and back from running right into busy traffic. She fell on her bum hard. She cried so loud and was so mad at me that I pulled her hair. I cried myself to sleep that night. Everyone around who saw this happen said that I did the right thing. She would have been hit by the cars that zoomed past had I not grabbed her by her hair. But all I could think was that it was all my fault. How could I let myself get so out of shape that I had to hurt my own child to keep her from danger. I couldn't live that way anymore! It is was not fair to the people I love more than anything, my children. I lay awake that night thinking that if I was only a little faster I could have gotten her waist or her arm and not hurt her so badly.
    After a 30 lb loss I was "tested" again. This time by my son. He thought it would be fun to climb to the top of a jungle gym. AND JUMP OFF! I thought "is he going to jump?" and ran to him as he dived off. That time I made it in time! (farther away I might add)
    I caught him and set him safely on the ground. As I walked back to the other mom's looking on one women told me "good job, I don't think I could have made it over there in time" I looked her in the eyes (seeing myself) and explained my story of the year before. I told her "I will look for you on MFP tonight, and I better see you there! Because you never know when you will need to be on top of your game as a mom"

She was on here that night, and we have become close friends. AND she has lost 18 lbs! (Hi Beca! :love: )
  • amandapratt
    amandapratt Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I've been reading through everyone's replies and they're (nearly) all resonating with me. My "other" reasons include:

- to look hot at my wedding
    - to not to so damn self-conscious anymore
    - to be able to believe my fiancee when he tells me I'm beautiful/hot/sexy/gorgeous
    - to get a better job (I work in PR - image is *EVERYTHING*)
    - to fit into my old (skinny) clothes
    - to throw out my old clothes when they're too big
    - to be more confident
    - to shine (cheesy I know, but I feel like I could if I were healthier/more confident)
  • jeorwa
    jeorwa Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'm losing to get preggers...I have insulin resistance caused by PCOS - and it's easier for skinny PCOS girls to get knoocked up.
  • kelbel76
    kelbel76 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I just want to feel normal again. Of course I want to be healthy and have energy to do things I love, but most of all, I just want to feel comfortable in my own skin...
    I'm tired of people seeing me as "the fat one"
    I'm tired of hiding from the world.
    I'm tired of feeling unattractive
    I'm tired of holding myself back from things I want to do or have.
    I'm tired of wishing for the day I was thin enough
    I'm tired of being no threat to my friends/other girls when I go out

There is more where that came from, but I have a long way to go until I can feel good about my body again. Life's not fun when you're fat.

All of these are exactly what I was thinking for myself. Well said.
  • elizarae11
    Options
    i dont want to be the ugly/fat one in a group of firneds.
    i want people to see me and think "wow she's beautiful!"
    i want to actually succeed at losing weight this time
    i want to go to college in august feeling/looking great
  • Cassandra1219
    Options
    - People around me always point out how bad of a mom I am... I'm doing this for my kids.. to be a heathier better mom....
    - I want to feel as "beautiful" as my husband says I am.
    - I want to be the healthy/happy girl I once was.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!