Anyone want to start the 30 Day Shred with me tomorrow?

Options

Replies

• Kdaisylady
    Options
    I am very interested and plan to check it out on youtube as soon as the kiddos go to bed. Please add me to the group or let me know how to add myself :) I am looking forward to the challenge and the support!! :) Yay!!!

Kimberly
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    make sure you have padding or runners on, i hurt my knees from doing the shred. great workout though.
  • Elimi88
    Elimi88 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm getting back on track! starting today!! Let's do this!
  • beckers80
    beckers80 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    make sure you have padding or runners on, i hurt my knees from doing the shred. great workout though.

Thanks for the advice
  • rwieber
    rwieber Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! I finished 30 DS a few months ago. Kinda slacked on exercise this summer (esp the last few weeks). I started 30 DS again today. Feel free to add me (anyone :-) It's good to have exercise buddies! I totally lost inches and a little weight the last time I did the whole thing.

Good luck to all!!
  • Baby43204
    Baby43204 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I am starting tomorrow the 30 day shred add me as a friend if you want I know I will need help
  • Justarcy
    Justarcy Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies,

pretty new on MFP. I did the 30DS program last year for the very first time. I saw GREAT results doing each level 10 days. I then followed with the 90 day body revolution and was incredibly impressed with the results.

For various reasons, I stopped exercising for the past year (a lot of work travel involved) but I started a month ago with the 90 day body revolution. I completed my first month and when I tried going into month two, I felt I was not ready and instead of half assing the exercises I decided to take a "break" from that program and started the 30DS yesterday in order to build strength during the next 30 days to then continue with the rest of Body Revolution.

My question is how do you guys follow the 30DS? I am battling the teachings of all my previous trainers who have told me that muscles should rest at the very least 24 hrs before you exercise them again. This program has you doing the same muscles every day for 10 days.

I did level 1 yesterday and level 2 today and going to do level 3 tomorrow (Wednesday) to then start with level 1 on Thursday and so on, resting on Sunday only.

Thoughts?
  • hondahoney007
    Options
    Hey can I join? I don't have Jillians 30 Day Shred but I do have her 30 Day Beginner Shred. I'm starting that today. Im using this to get back on my fitness journey that I have started and stopped so many times. Im determined to see it through this time. Good luck everybody!:smile:
  • init2winit46
    init2winit46 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Jillans 30 day shred is also available on YouTube for all levels (1,2, and 3)
  • Flips37
    Flips37 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    August 25 started level 1- finished on September 3
    Starting stats
    Weight 181
    Arms- 12 in
    Chest- 39 in
    Waist- 33 1/2 in
    Hips- 40 1/2 in
    Butt- 41 in
    Thigh- 24 in
    Calf- 16 1/2

September 3 finished level one beginning level 2
    Weight 177.2
    Arms- 11 1/2 in (lost 1/2 in)
    Chest- 38 in (lost 1 in)
    Waist- 32 in (lost 1 1/2 in)
    Hips- 39 in (lost 1 1/2 in)
    Butt- 40 in (lost 1 in)
    Thigh- 23 1/2 in (lost 1/2 in)
    Calf- 16 in (lost 1/2 in)

Our starting stats are really similar! I have a couple more days to go. Hope I see the same great changes that you have - way to go!
  • lisi79
    lisi79 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I started a new round the 11th. Looking to get back on track :)
  • drgeetha85
    drgeetha85 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey I would live to join in as well!
  • dmfay
    dmfay Posts: 32
    Options
    I'm jumping in! I've done this program before with great results before getting sick. Looking forward to doing it again with you guys! Best wishes!
  • aridirks
    Options
    I ll do the 30 day Shred with you! I have Jillian Michael DVD and will do my weight lifting. I am on 26% body fat right now and 148 lbs MY goal is by November or December to be on 20% of body fat.
  • MEPQ44
    MEPQ44 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I just Completed Day 20 of the 30 Day Shred! Level 3! Tommorow I will be doing a Level 1 and 2 Combo to finish out the month of September!
  • Aine8046
    Aine8046 Posts: 2,122 Member
    Options
    How heavy are your weights? I do not have any and wonder what should I buy...
  • rozy101
    Options
    I started the 30 day shred yesterday..nd i'd like someone to do it with me
  • Aine8046
    Aine8046 Posts: 2,122 Member
    Options
    I just ordered the dvd yesterday, but have not received it yet. I think I'll start next week. Which weight do you use? I am not very athletic, but not extremely weak either. Average, I assume. And I am not sure if I should buy 3 lbs or 5 lbs weights. Do not want to buy a whole zoo of them.
  • rozy101
    Options
    I sugest you get 5 pounds weights
  • skeen090
    skeen090 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 13, hopping back and forth each week between levels 2 and 3. This is my 4th time doing it, I think. I've lost just a little over 20 lbs. since April doing the 30 Day Shred as my primary workout. If anyone needs any feedback or motivation, I'm happy to help :)