Calories

Options
2»

Replies

• NoMoreBlameGame
    NoMoreBlameGame Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    It would be interesting to know what medical condition has your TDEE at 1000 where if you eat more than that you gain fat. But alas, you've already told us you're not sharing that.

It isn't my medical conditions that cause me to need to stay at or below 1000 calories, it is the medication I have to take for these medical conditions that cause me to have to stay at that number. Once I've lost more weight..*one* of those scripts I may be able to drop and increase my caloric intake, but the others I will never be able to stop taking. So in a way...it's still my illnesses, because they are the reason for the medication (except the 1 medication I have to take *for now*...due to my lack of self-care, which gave me another diagnosis).

Anyway...this thread isn't about me, it's about the OP...and I appreciate the prior post reminding me of that. Every time I see someone getting picked on for the low amount of calories they're consuming, I go into defense mode (knee-jerk reaction).

It's clear to see the OP's situation is entirely different...I simply just spouted off (my apologies). =)
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    It would be interesting to know what medical condition has your TDEE at 1000 where if you eat more than that you gain fat. But alas, you've already told us you're not sharing that.

It isn't my medical conditions that cause me to need to stay at or below 1000 calories, it is the medication I have to take for these medical conditions that cause me to have to stay at that number. Once I've lost more weight..*one* of those scripts I may be able to drop and increase my caloric intake, but the others I will never be able to stop taking. So in a way...it's still my illnesses, because they are the reason for the medication (except the 1 medication I have to take *for now*...due to my lack of self-care, which gave me another diagnosis).

Anyway...this thread isn't about me, it's about the OP...and I appreciate the prior post reminding me of that. Every time I see someone getting picked on for the low amount of calories they're consuming, I go into defense mode (knee-jerk reaction).

It's clear to see the OP's situation is entirely different...I simply just spouted off (my apologies). =)

Your knee jerk reaction is causing you to overlook a major difference between you and the OP. You are medically supervised and on medication ... she isn't (at least not that is revealed in her post). Highlighting that her decisions are not made in a healthy way is not picking on her.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options

Your knee jerk reaction is causing you to overlook a major difference between you and the OP. You are medically supervised and on medication ... she isn't (at least not that is revealed in her post). Highlighting that her decisions are not made in a healthy way is not picking on her.

You may see it as an attack because of your personal experience but know that the response is more about the concern of the poster who is potentially living a lifestyle that can lead to an ED which is not something any of us should promote. Not just becuase it's a horrible condition but because it's against the Community Guidelines. Sure they don't always say it in the nicest way but it's the internet...these things should be expected.

OP, if you're willing to open your diary, it might help us to give you more constructive advice. Generally though, if you're unable to physically eat more food, many would recommend eating more calorie dense foods like nuts, seeds, whole eggs, full fat/calorie versions of foods (no diet, light, etc), legumes, lean meats, dried fruits, avocado, even dark chocolate. You can google for more ideas.
  • sarahsedai
    sarahsedai Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I don't know how people who use to eat a overload of calories to get overweight, all of a sudden get full on very little.

While I agree that OP is eating too few calories, and it is an unhealthy trend, it irks me when I see this comment on the boards. I used to overeat on an almost daily basis (used to is fairly recently, I've only been monitoring my diet for a little under two months), and I have significantly decreased my caloric intake - probably by 1000 calories or so on average - and I still get full and satisfied. I hover around 1200-1400 a day. Yes, it's more than what the OP is taking in, but it's still on the lower end where people get concerned that it's not enough. Changing -what- I'm eating, and not stuffing my face past the point of comfort means I can now get full on much less than what I was eating before.

I know this is not the case for everyone, but for me, and probably many others - that's how.