Challenge Group (new members welcome)

Options
124»

Replies

• loveme445
    loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to check in, seems like you all are doing GREAT! Keep it up!

I'm finally feeling human again, even did 3 miles on the treadmill this morning! I'll be back on Sunday to post our first challenges of the new year! Any thing in particular anyone wants to work on?

HAPPY 2011!

Hi, I'm ready to start the challenge next week when the kiddos go back to school and life gets back to normal. YAY! How about some form of strength-either amount of time lifting, number of lunges/pushups, something along those lines? Or amount of time doing cardio?

Glad you are feeling better! I agree with Cardbucfan, I have a tough time getting into strength training. So push ups, crunches, jumping jacks, squats and/or lunges, etc. would be great challenges. I NEED that veggie/fruit challenge a couple times throughout the year and STRETCHING. I know its important but its hard to find time to exercise with 2 toddler boys and I rarely stretch like I should.

If anyone knows of any DVD's that are great for stretching let me know. I bought a Yoga DVD but it was sooooo boring and all over the place. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you!
  • kimmiebear70
    kimmiebear70 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    MON -
    Cal Goal: 2005
    Cal Intake: 1909
    Steps: 1 mile
    TUE -
    Cal Goal: 2016
    Cal Intake: 1971
    Steps: 1.5 miles
    WED -
    Cal Goal: 2028
    Cal Intake: 1762
    Steps: 3 miles
    THU -
    Cal Goal:
    Cal Intake:
    Steps:
    FRI -
    Cal Goal:
    Cal Intake:
    Steps:
    SAT -
    Cal Goal:
    Cal Intake:
    Steps:
    SUN -
    Cal Goal:
    Cal Intake:
    Steps:

TOTAL MILES FOR THE WEEK:
    TOTAL CALORIE INTAKE FOR THE WEEK:
  • mszSHOGAN
    mszSHOGAN Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    loveme445 - Great suggestion for the challenge, I've got a great one in mind! :wink: As for stretching, no DVDs are coming to mind...maybe look up some stretches or even videos of them on line? I've learned the hard way that not stretching is bad! I stretch for about 5 minutes every morning and it really helps me not have to go to the chiro as much! You just have to play around with what feels/works best for you and your body. I have three boys (8, 4, and 3) so I feel your pain. To top it off I started back to school last semester (full time) on top of my full time job. Determination is definitely the key. It's hard to acquire and easy to lose. :ohwell: Just keep giving it your all! :flowerforyou:
  • kimmiebear70
    Options
    *****MON -
    Cal Goal: 2005
    Cal Intake: 1909
    ***** TUE -
    Cal Goal: 2016
    Cal Intake: 1971
    Steps: 1.5 miles
    ***** WED -
    Cal Goal: 2028
    Cal Intake: 1762
    Steps: 3 miles
    ***** THU -
    Cal Goal: 1828
    Cal Intake: 1733
    ***** FRI -
    Cal Goal:
    Cal Intake:
    Steps:
    ***** SAT -
    Cal Goal:
    Cal Intake:
    Steps:
    ***** SUN -
    Cal Goal:
    Cal Intake:
    Steps:

TOTAL MILES FOR THE WEEK:
    TOTAL CALORIE INTAKE FOR THE WEEK:
  • loveme445
    loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options
    loveme445 - Great suggestion for the challenge, I've got a great one in mind! :wink: As for stretching, no DVDs are coming to mind...maybe look up some stretches or even videos of them on line? I've learned the hard way that not stretching is bad! I stretch for about 5 minutes every morning and it really helps me not have to go to the chiro as much! You just have to play around with what feels/works best for you and your body. I have three boys (8, 4, and 3) so I feel your pain. To top it off I started back to school last semester (full time) on top of my full time job. Determination is definitely the key. It's hard to acquire and easy to lose. :ohwell: Just keep giving it your all! :flowerforyou:

Thanks Katie! I'll keep working on the stretching because I know its good for my body.

Happy New Year!
  • mszSHOGAN
    mszSHOGAN Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
  • kimmiebear70
    Options
    bump
  • kimmiebear70
    Options
    Just finishing up last weeks challenge.