Age is nothing but a number

Options
KatieLouWho19
KatieLouWho19 Posts: 776 Member
How true is that statement to you??

I don't know, I just feel like I am ultra picky when it comes to age... Too much older than me or too much younger and I am just like.............. I guess put off by it?

What is your age range? Do you have one? Do you care?

I am about to be 26 and I feel like 24-32 would be my range.... But even 32 is kind of pushing it... Hmm.... But I have never met a guy that was older than 27 I believe that just completely caught my attention...

Anyway - I was just thinking about it after a 58 year old woman just delivered twins and her husband is 34.....

Replies

• Return_of_the_Big_Mac
    Options
    The two types of people who I hear saying this often are:

1. Guys trying to pick up underage girls
    2. Old women trying to do/buy/wear things meant for their daughters/granddaughters
  • KatieLouWho19
    Options
    The two types of people who I hear saying this often are:

1. Guys trying to pick up underage girls
    2. Old women trying to do/buy/wear things meant for their daughters/granddaughters

Lol... I actually have never really heard anyone say it "seriously" I was just wondering. But that is pretttyyyyy true.....
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    I don't know.
  • KatieLouWho19
    Options
    I don't know.

LOL. Your input has helped the topic tremendously! :flowerforyou: :laugh:
  • JT_Taylor99
    Options
    Age is nothing but a number, it depends on the person's maturity level or lack there of.
  • kristinhowell
    kristinhowell Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Maturity, compatibility, personal preference. There's a lot of factors other than just age. Some are okay with it, some aren't, and there's not really a right or wrong answer to it (aside from the obvious when it comes to being underage).

I'm 22 and my boyfriend is 35. To some, it's strange. But we are happy.
  • Siigh_duck
    Siigh_duck Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I agree :) my previous boyfriend was 8 years older than me, we were together for a year, now I'm 18 and single xD but I always sort of prefer older guys since I like to think I'm mature to a degree ;D
  • KatieLouWho19
    Options
    I don't think it's strange - I just find differences in people so fascinating.

How one person is down for something completely different from another. I don't judge - just enjoy watching.

The 58 year old's youngest daughter was 30..... and she was having twins... with a 34 year old man... Just interesting to me....
  • WhatAnAss
    WhatAnAss Posts: 1,598 Member
    Options
    Age is nothing but a number, it depends on the person's maturity level or lack there of.

This! Totally depends on the maturity and compatibility. And well then there is the whole LAW you have to abide by lol.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    My wife is 8 years younger than me. When we met 25 years ago her maturity level was far more developed than mine and, truth be told, probably still is.

Age means nothing at this point, except when planning for retirement.

We're too old to hang with the younger crowd; we're too young to throw in the towel; we're too cool to give a shlt what anyone else thinks.
  • KatieLouWho19
    Options
    My wife is 8 years younger than me. When we met 25 years ago her maturity level was far more developed than mine and, truth be told, probably still is.

We're too old to hang with the younger crowd; we're too young to throw in the towel; we're too cool to give a shlt what anyone else thinks.

LOL. You sir, are awesome! Even though your wife is selfish making you wait another 8 years longer before you guys can completely retire. sheesshhh!!! JK JK JK!! :laugh: :smile:
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options
    Given mortality tables and other statistically significant negative factors tied to aging, I would say that reading your statement broadly, age is more than just a number. On the other hand, reading your statement, "age is nothing but a number" on it's face, while tautological, it is in fact true. So, this question suffers from the problem of equivocation. Please clarify.
  • Cryptonomnomicon
    Cryptonomnomicon Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    Given mortality tables and other statistically significant negative factors tied to aging, I would say that reading your statement broadly, age is more than just a number. On the other hand, reading your statement, "age is nothing but a number" on it's face, while tautological, it is in fact true. So, this question suffers from the problem of equivocation. Please clarify.
    Oa0dkP9.gif
  • sho3girl
    sho3girl Posts: 10,799 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's strange - I just find differences in people so fascinating.

How one person is down for something completely different from another. I don't judge - just enjoy watching.

The 58 year old's youngest daughter was 30..... and she was having twins... with a 34 year old man... Just interesting to me....

Always wonder how her daughter would feel about the senario.

BTW I'm in a relationship with someone 17 years my senior .. age didn't come into the equation ..

On the other hand some people say men never mature.

Life is choices
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options

LOL. You sir, are awesome! Even though your wife is selfish making you wait another 8 years longer before you guys can completely retire. sheesshhh!!! JK JK JK!! :laugh: :smile:

I never said we were going to have to wait 8 years for retirement. I said we were planning for it. We'll retire, together, in 2 to 5 years. Depends on how successful our planning has been over the last 25 years and the economics of the time.
  • KatieLouWho19
    Options

I never said we were going to have to wait 8 years for retirement. I said we were planning for it. We'll retire, together, in 2 to 5 years. Depends on how successful our planning has been over the last 25 years and the economics of the time.

I was kidding! lol.

Always wonder how her daughter would feel about the senario.

BTW I'm in a relationship with someone 17 years my senior .. age didn't come into the equation ..

On the other hand some people say men never mature.

Life is choices

I really wanted to ask her daughter... but of course - I enjoy my job and would most likely not enjoyed the consequences. Haha!
  • tremroy1
    tremroy1 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Retired and loving it........problem is it came at 62......and now at 65.......not just a number but a big number. My wife is 55 and is still working for 1 more year......she cant wait.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    I find that everyone who says age is nothing but a number is trying too hard to justify their relationship or their standards.

Age is a number, yes, but if a 21 year old male tried to date my 14 year old daughter, he's gonna have a bad time.
  • Oscarinmiami
    Oscarinmiami Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I'm 46, sometimes I feel 70 and sometimes like today I feel 20! it depends on what you eat and how you sleep...but everything hurts when I wake up. Getting old sucks do what you can to stay active and slim, you will feel better and live longer!