Age is nothing but a number

Options

Replies

• KatieLouWho19
    KatieLouWho19 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I'm 21 and 30 is the oldest I'd date. I've never dated anyone my age or younger (and I don't plan on it).

To me, what matters the most is compatibility and the mental, emotional, physical connection we share.

I definitely agree with you.
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    My wife is 8 years younger than me. When we met 25 years ago her maturity level was far more developed than mine and, truth be told, probably still is.

Age means nothing at this point, except when planning for retirement.

We're too old to hang with the younger crowd; we're too young to throw in the towel; we're too cool to give a shlt what anyone else thinks.

I love this!!!! Can he win the internet with this? I am going to have to remember this! (Yanno, the next time my kids come over for dinner...)

ETA: Ex hubs was a couple years older than I am, current hubs is a few months younger than I am...It's never been about the age, tho, to me...It's always been about compatibility.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    What are we talking about. dating? having fun? marriage?

For having fun the range can be well umm high like 50s LOL. It amazes me sometimes the women I find attractive and just cannot believe how much older they are than me. :ohwell: It don't matter to me. Once you go cougar you never go cub.
    Dating and marriage the age gets lower.
    Age is just a number but if you cannot legally drink in the US then you are too young for me.

Lol... I was told once that I was a cougar.... I am only 25... :sad: LOL... But what you said is definitely true.... Dating and marriage age ranges are definitely different... :laugh:

I am preparing to be scolded for that last sentence! :laugh: :bigsmile:

It gets interesting when you are talking to a women who son is like 2 years younger than you. I think the oldest women I tried to have fun with was 49 at ocean city. Can't blame it on the alcohol.
  • KatieLouWho19
    Options
    Well when you are 58 years old, you come back here and tell us if age is still important to you. If you have kept the idea that you can only date a range of men, who at that time will be 56 to 64 years old. Or if you suddenly find it okay to date younger men...

Seriously, IMO, the fact that age does matter to you is telling of your current maturity level. But that just my opinion.

I am not quite sure how you can tell my maturity level due to the "usual" age range I tend to stick to... but you will feel how you will feel... I am not saying I am AGAINST dating Older or younger than the range I stated - I simply said that I just haven't ever found anyone outside that range that I felt comfortable with talking to in more of a serious/romantic manner.

Well... part of my conclusion is most likely biased based on my previous experiences with you in the forums. Preference is preference. But beyond physical attraction, I can't imagine what hindrance you would find with dating older men.

Life experience can shape and mold a person, but at the core, most people's personalities remain the same throughout their lifetime. Life experience might change one's views and beliefs. But if they are charming, intelligent, friendly, and humorous (just using these as examples, I have no idea what personality traits you find attractive) in their youth, they tend to exhibit these traits throughout their lives.

I know what you are saying. And I definitely agree that you may be biased on your opinion of me. I am definitely a child at heart - and in the forums that comes out majority of the time... Because this is "chit-chat, fun, and games" so I figured that it was all supposed to be taken lightly and I find the people with sticks up their bootays to be hilarious.... BUT........ I also know when to show my "mature" side and am a completely different person when I am not "trolling" as it would be called.
  • mikeyrp
    mikeyrp Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    I'm 38. anyone under about 25 seems like a child these days, whereas I'm surprised to find myself feeling completely comfortable hanging out with people in the 50's, 60's and older.

Mind you, I'm talking about friends rather than dating material but even so, if I were looking I would have nothing in common with the youngsters.
  • 55044TeamJoy
    55044TeamJoy Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Trolls gunna troll.
  • dedflwrs
    dedflwrs Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    My first BF was 15 years older than me. I was heartbroken when it was over and when I saw him many years later I was so happy that my husband is just a few months older than myself.

I know that no matter how young I try to act I don't have the energy level or even the blind courage I used to have when I was, say, 20.
  • 55044TeamJoy
    55044TeamJoy Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    My $.02 that adds absolutely nothing to the conversation: My wife is a month older than me.
  • KatieLouWho19
    Options
    Trolls gunna troll.

And I only do that when I find the crazies that will feed the trolls!! :bigsmile:
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Well when you are 58 years old, you come back here and tell us if age is still important to you. If you have kept the idea that you can only date a range of men, who at that time will be 56 to 64 years old. Or if you suddenly find it okay to date younger men...

Seriously, IMO, the fact that age does matter to you is telling of your current maturity level. But that just my opinion.

I am not quite sure how you can tell my maturity level due to the "usual" age range I tend to stick to... but you will feel how you will feel... I am not saying I am AGAINST dating Older or younger than the range I stated - I simply said that I just haven't ever found anyone outside that range that I felt comfortable with talking to in more of a serious/romantic manner.

Well... part of my conclusion is most likely biased based on my previous experiences with you in the forums. Preference is preference. But beyond physical attraction, I can't imagine what hindrance you would find with dating older men.

Life experience can shape and mold a person, but at the core, most people's personalities remain the same throughout their lifetime. Life experience might change one's views and beliefs. But if they are charming, intelligent, friendly, and humorous (just using these as examples, I have no idea what personality traits you find attractive) in their youth, they tend to exhibit these traits throughout their lives.

I know what you are saying. And I definitely agree that you may be biased on your opinion of me. I am definitely a child at heart - and in the forums that comes out majority of the time... Because this is "chit-chat, fun, and games" so I figured that it was all supposed to be taken lightly and I find the people with sticks up their bootays to be hilarious.... BUT........ I also know when to show my "mature" side and am a completely different person when I am not "trolling" as it would be called.

But do you see the point that I made? Life experience can only serve to make a likable person all the more likable (or unlikable depending on circumstances).
  • KatieLouWho19
    Options
    Yes I did see that point. And point taken. I agree 150% with you...
  • Leather_N_Lace
    Leather_N_Lace Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Age is nothing but a number...

Had an 18 year old kid tell me that a few weeks ago... I laughed at him..
  • KatieLouWho19
    Options
    Age is nothing but a number...

Had an 18 year old kid tell me that a few weeks ago... I laughed at him..

Damn.... What if I tell you that? and also that gender means nothing as well........ :heart: :flowerforyou: :love: LOLOLOL!!! :laugh: jk.... maybe.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    I'm 36, soon to be 37, so I say 34-43 is generally my age range.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    Men were always taught that a old dog can teach you new tricks.
  • KatieLouWho19
    Options
    Men were always taught that a old dog can teach you new tricks.

LOLOLOL!!!!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,574 Member
    Options
    I'm 10 years older than my wife, but don't look it. I'm MORE than sure I'm much more physically active than the average male my age and carry a "youthful" spirit that people have a hard time believing I'm 50 and guess that I'm in my late 30's more. I'm hyper, I'm loud and can STILL pull off break dance moves (which I do from time to time for entertainment to gym members).
    So I'm of the total belief that age is nothing but a number. I know lots of "young" people who are boring, look much older than their age (some by like 10 years), and the enthusiasm of a wet mop. Personality and character matter much more than age.

A.C.E. Certified Group Fitness and Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • shankasaurus
    shankasaurus Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    "Age is nothing but a number"

You predominantly hear this in regards to dating. And that is something I have loads of experience with!

When I was 18 I dated a guy who was 33. I had no interest in a long term thing, he did, so it didn't work. The old phrase, "we were at different places in our lives" comes to mind.

Now I'm 31, and when I see guys my age dating 18yos, I totally get it. I'm not as interested in casual flings anymore, and many women my age feel the same way, so guys who want that will have to date younger to get it. I've seen enough couples with big age gaps to know it sometimes works out. But I also have lots of friends who end up like the guy I dated when I was 18, they fall for the girl and she doesn't want something long term.

I'm willing to date older, but I want to have kids, so I put my upper limit at 45 usually. As far as younger, it's difficult to find a guy younger than myself who is interested in the whole enchilada. Generationally speaking, most guys I grew up with are barely starting to think about families and a lot of them are not in good places financially.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    I'm 48 and I just went out with a 66 year old. He doesn't look it..

Yeah.. he's too old.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,574 Member
    Options
    I'm 36, soon to be 37, so I say 34-43 is generally my age range.
    Dang, that means I have no chance!!!!:sad:

A.C.E. Certified Group Fitness and Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition