SBF2: Reboot boogaloo...wk of Christmas (!?!)

2»

Replies

• yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,788 Member
    Back from Dallas. Need to get a walk in this afternoon.

Until tomorrow, boogaloo.
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    I've made a terrible Christmas-related discovery: sugar + flour + alcohol = fibro/arthritis flare. Ugh. Other than physically, I had a lovely Christmas.

I've pledged (my husband is doing the same thing) no refined sugar, wheat or alcohol until January 28th. I just can't have them. I listened to my acupuncturist who said "if you're really craving something, you should just have a little of it, and then the craving will go away." I wish this was true for me, but with those foods, it's just not. One cookie leads to "my diet should be exclusively cookies! Bring them on!" and one drink leads to a drink with every meal. My knees feel worse than they have in years. Grr. For the next few weeks, I'm doing the "vegan until dark" thing, so trying to avoid meat and dairy until dark (easy when it gets dark at 4:30).

Goals for today: none of the above triggery foods, plenty of water and fruit (to help with sugar cravings, I'm even allowing myself some dates...I love dates. ...My favorite thing is to slice them in half and expose the sticky part and then put cinnamon all over them. yumm.) and veg, a walk for groceries and a yoga session. Also, I'm very excited because this is no braining week, so all I need to do is the above. When I quit braining, I tend to start organizing, so I've been eyeing my closet thinking of ideas. I think that my closet is too small and poorly designed, but I wish I could figure a way to make it work better. I've even thought of hiring a professional organizer to come and help me. I'm sure there's a way to do it.

Also, I'm very, very chatty today....

Blessed, boogaloo.:flowerforyou:
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,788 Member
    V, we're over here - it's Tuesday - I know, no braining;
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/143492-sbf2-reboot-boogaloo-final-wk-of-year
This discussion has been closed.