Opinions on my eating plan

Options
124»

Replies

• likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Is this your form of helpful criticism? After looking through your forum posts, it seems as though you just want to argue with people. Kindly, please stop posting. I've got the information I wanted and needed.

Are you just blatantly ignoring the folks that have had incredible success with moderate deficit, logging foods, and spending time trying to help others out on the forum?

I'll ask again if you actually read my initial response about finding your sedentary TDEE.

I'll also point out that eating at/under BMR is fine for the morbidly obese folks.

You have 50 lbs to lose and you just want to lose it fast.

You posted a somewhat overly complicated plan and have had people tell you so, except now you don't want any more opinions.

You can accept the help you've been offered , or just float on with hopes that other people will just pat you on your head for the plan you've come up with.

Choice is yours, but there are a few of us that know what we're talking about. Liktisplit is one. Take a look at the tickers showing amounts lost here, and decide who to listen to.

Hell, between _Zardoz_ and I, we've lost damn near 300 lbs.

Keep in mind, there are plenty of us that have done it wrong plenty of times. We came here and learned how not to do it wrong anymore.
    You can listen if you want to now, or come back and we'll tell you the same thing later.
    giphy.gif

OP also appears to be ignoring likitisplit's fantastic breakdown of her macro needs and how hard they'll be to fit into her plan. But that's okay, because she got the helpful advice (read:validation) she needed from a later poster.

Aww. Thanks!
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    I totally get the wanting to "jump start" thing. Motivation is a huge deal for me- a few weeks of healthy restriction at the beginning can be really helpful mentally and isn't necessarily bad for you at all. People on MFP can be very cliquey about their chosen methods....there are many ways to lose weight and be healthy and it is totally okay to do what works for your personal health.

I'm curious if you plan to eat back any calories? I am set at 1200 in an effort to lose a few pounds quickly for motivation, but I am still eating back at least a portion of exercise calories. You may want to consider working that into your plan if you exercise as much as you are hoping too. Even 45 minutes of cardio might really wear you out!

Re: your hormonal issues- lowiish carb (30-40%) can be really helpful for hormone fluctuations because of the interactions between carbs, insulin, and hormones. I'm not doctor, but it seems to be helping me as I transition off of the birth control pill.

Good luck!

THIS is the kind of helpful opinion I was looking for! You're right. I may end up eating back my cardio calories and letting my lifting calories take a deficit.

I never knew the low carb and hormone balance bit. That's really helpful, thank you!

tumblr_n85kfxs3YA1t4o62mo1_400.gif

Is this your form of helpful criticism? After looking through your forum posts, it seems as though you just want to argue with people. Kindly, please stop posting. I've got the information I wanted and needed.

Yay! I got called a mean people today!

Because you are such a meanie. How DARE you try to help someone or post a funny cat gif. I mean, seriously. Who needs humor.

To be honest, a number of my posts yesterday were back-and-forth with certain person who is self-reportedly brighter than the common herd so my post history might appear a little rough :flowerforyou:
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options

^Love this so hard
  • aledba
    aledba Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I don't have time for MFP logging all the time. And you're right, 1200 isn't enough for my body to function long term... which is probably why I'm not doing it long term.

Logging food should take, at most, 15 minutes daily. At most. It takes me literally 2 minutes to log my day in the morning, and then I tweak the actual weights as I eat. It's not time consuming in any way.

Also, people aren't just getting stuck on your 1200 calorie plan. It's that your plan, in general, has flaws. You want an aggressive goal, and people are telling you to slow it down so you can maintain your muscles and bone density. You simply cannot do that on 1200 calories, no matter how 'healthy' you eat. 1200 calories is rarely appropriate for most people. There are all sorts of factors that go into that and who it IS appropriate for. And it's not appropriate for you. Not even in the short term. That's why people are taking issue with your research. Because any person who has done research, knows their BMR and TDEE etc, will know that at the very very least, they should eat their BMR, and more if they are exercising. By not doing so, you're only screwing yourself. It's no skin off our backs. If you want to ignore us, that's fine. But the honest truth/opinion of the matter is your plan needs work and more research so that you're NOT screwing yourself over.

:) I do not like logging. There's not going to be someone who convinces me to log by arguing with me on how long it takes. I don't like my nose stuck in my phone constantly, either. I'm ALWAYS busy. So thank you.
    The amount of time you've spent analyzing and coming up with rebuttals for the concern others are showing you would be about a week's work of logging. Oh yes, little troll, you have time!