is a 44 inch waist ok?

Options
13»

Replies

• crsawinton
    crsawinton Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    my husband is about 5' 10" and wears a 31 waist in pants, (not sure of his measurement, he's not here atm to measure) 44 seems very high.
  • shankasaurus
    shankasaurus Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    you are very round

Best reply. I burst out laughing. Just glad I was alone.
  • jyogit
    jyogit Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    im 5-10" and I've never gone above a size 34 in my life luckily..any time I've had tight trousers I've kicked myself and stopped eating as much till they loosened off again..Now thanks to map i weigh and watch all i take in and exercise out .. i think a 44 waist is huge for anyone tbh

Thanks for vanity sizing a size 34 pants does not necessarily mean you have a 34 inch waist. That works for both men and women, depending on the retailer of course.
    didnt realise i was vanitising it ..just saying thats all .. i know all retail sizes are different in many places and countries, just meant i think a size 44 is huge to me …
  • kc5grw
    kc5grw Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    As a previous poster commented waist size does not necessarily equal pant size. This is especially true for most men who wear their pants below their actual waist. In my case I'm 5'11", 238 at the moment. If I measure my actual waist (at the navel) I have a 48.75" waist but I wear a size 40 jeans(snug) that ride below my waist. My actual measurement at the "lower" waist is something on the order of 43 or so.
  • Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    In Japan, if you have a waist size over 33.5", you have to undergo counselling and lose weight or you and your work company pay extra taxes. It's rather extreme and a little bit too low of a cut off point if you ask me, but maybe that makes the answer to your question a little bit more obvious?

That's not an extreme cut off by Japanese standards.

Hell 60+ years ago that wasn't an extreme cut off point by anyone's standards.