50ish lbs down? Not sure!

Options
wjewell
wjewell Posts: 282 Member
Recently I admitted to having a very unhealthy relationship with the scale. I was weighing MULTIPLE times a day, and no matter how well I ate or how much my workouts improved, if the scale didn't move at the pace I thought it should, I would feel really down. So I decided to go a month and a half without weighing. I have to say- it was the best move for me personally. My workouts are crazy good now, because I am focusing on how far my run is, or how much I'm able to lift now. I am focusing on these positive numbers instead of the number on the scale. AND I am actually eating more calories now. Before, I was having an INCREDIBLY difficult time reaching 1200 calories because I was disgusted with food for the most part. I felt terrible for eating because the scale wasn't moving. But I knew that my body was starving. So once I gave up my scale, I noticed that I was finally eating my calories, but still mostly healthy foods (with the exception of going on a date with my fiancé here and there and not necessarily eating grilled chicken and veggies). I also found myself WAY happier. I was finally going on dates with my love again, which before I would say no because I felt so guilty, I wasn't focusing on that stupid number, and my mind was just clearer than ever.

The last time I weighed, I'd lost 50 pounds. My ticker is a bit off, but thats another long story. Regardless, I have to say since I stopped weighing in, I have had so many NSVs! I got a pair of jeans in January that I couldn't pull past my hips. In May I got them MOSTLY up, but couldn't button or zip- now I am wearing them on the regular and they look amazing ;)

I am complimented very often on my weight loss and I actually believe the people now! I can see it in my face, tummy, legs, arms, back.... I have some other before and after photos, but I'm not ready to bare just the undies for you guys just yet! ha.

thanks for reading my novel. If the scale is getting you down- get off of it. It was the best decision of my life. I will weigh in two weeks, and then it goes away again for a few more months! :)

HAVE A GOOD DAY, GUYS!!

[img]http://i1266.photobucket.com/albums/jj527/Whitney_Jewell/Mobile Uploads/2014-09/33808399-14e1-44bd-90e8-a40942884063_zps86c5ff1c.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i1266.photobucket.com/albums/jj527/Whitney_Jewell/Mobile Uploads/2014-09/ec2e6fdb-12e6-44c6-ba2c-9eba1cabbe89_zpsab5dcba2.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i1266.photobucket.com/albums/jj527/Whitney_Jewell/Mobile Uploads/2014-09/c174ae44-c934-45ca-a28e-9627944888ff_zps962f22a4.png[/img]

Same shirt... :)
[img]http://i1266.photobucket.com/albums/jj527/Whitney_Jewell/Mobile Uploads/2014-09/4baf0fc5-0ea3-4acb-8a87-261f18a0e05b_zps747ec842.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i1266.photobucket.com/albums/jj527/Whitney_Jewell/Mobile Uploads/2014-09/79976db9-f99c-4ffe-9702-1995c9ea524d_zps97c556b6.png[/img]

[img]http://i1266.photobucket.com/albums/jj527/Whitney_Jewell/Mobile Uploads/2014-09/acf550e9-23cd-4d31-bdbc-aa4335a2228b_zps8a1ae3da.png[/img]

Replies

• Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Well done! And congrats on changing round your mind set :happy:
  • wjewell
    Options
    Thanks ma'am! I knew if i wanted to get healthier physically, I needed to get healthier mentally as well! :)
  • MGinAK
    MGinAK Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Way to Go!
  • ASH2038602
    ASH2038602 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Congrats!
  • angela233Z
    angela233Z Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    you look fantastic - you are a great inspiration. I love how tone your arms are
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    Amazing. Love then way you explained that you were stuck on the scale and in your mind not being successful.

I only see the scale every 2 weeks. Once at home on a Thursday and 2 weeks later at the dietitian / nutritionist office in the local medical clinic. The local clinic has a no cost ( Canadian Health Care system has a lot of good points ) Weight Wise program that has been a great help and support.

Its a tricky balance: to much scale watching bad for the Mind and Soul. Not enough and its easy to fall off the Wagon and slip into the old Habits.

Great changes as can be seen by all in your pictures. :happy:
  • 19n2014Cu
    Options
    You look GREAT:flowerforyou: . Job well done. What type of exercise were you doing for your arms to look that good..(urggg my arms):explode:
  • Xpecta
    Xpecta Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Amazing!! Your transformation is incredible! Especially your arms!! They look fantastic. Keep it up!
  • wjewell
    Options
    For the first half of the year all I did was run. Then about six months ago I started lifting a little bit here and there... Honestly though, the middle and last picture is just MAYBE a month apart. I started lifting 6 days a week. I alternated arms and legs each day while still doing my cardio as well. I love lifting. My thighs and arms have slimmed so much from it. Which, I really thought the running would slim my thighs but lifting has just changed it all. I would highly encourage it. I also try to lift decently heavy instead of low weight high reps. But sometimes I change that up as well. I normally do 4 sets of 12 and I do about 10 different arm workouts. I can try to put something together and send it to you. I have a long way to go, but I am super excited for how far I've come.

Thanks everyone. It has definitely been challenging but I find it to be well worth the work. I am excited and nervous to weigh in. But today, I feel good. Today I am wearing jeans and a jersey that never would have fit even two months ago! :)
  • Jdigs88
    Jdigs88 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    You're looking great! I'm glad you found a way to get out of your head. I too have to force myself not to weigh in every day, because it gets me too discouraged.

As an aside, your makeup is consistently fabulous in those photos. What's your secret!?
  • RachelRuns9
    RachelRuns9 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    You look INCREDIBLE and I'm SO happy you found peace with the journey! You rock!
  • taylorizal
    taylorizal Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! I have a ton of weight to lose and lately I've found myself on the scale at least twice a day, I have been getting discouraged like crazy and even though I've lowered my calories and starting working out more, I feel like I haven't been losing as fast as I was before. Thank you so much for your story! I'm putting the scale a way for a couple weeks because of this!

Also, anyone feel free to add me! I need friends on here for motivation!
  • bluestarlight19
    bluestarlight19 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Wow, awesome progress!
    As an aside, your makeup is consistently fabulous in those photos. What's your secret!?

I was also going to ask about your make-up, it looks awesome!
  • TheSafetyGuyMike
    TheSafetyGuyMike Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You look amazing, keep up the good work.

"Great things come to those who work their *kitten* off and never give up!"

Mike
  • hmrambling
    hmrambling Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    You look great! Thank you for sharing your progress. :)
  • Kitship
    Kitship Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Way to go - you look amazing!

The scale is a stupid b and can't be trusted. That's my motto. :flowerforyou:
  • dj1skywalker
    Options
    Love this!!!

"If the scale is getting you down- get off of it." :flowerforyou:
  • dj1skywalker
    Options
    The scale is a stupid b and can't be trusted. That's my motto. :flowerforyou:
    [/quote]

^^ HAHAHA :smile:
  • babslich
    babslich Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • alyssareyans
    alyssareyans Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    You look stunning! Congratulations!.

And I did the same thing as you. I was obsessed with the scale. And plateaued hard because of it. I decided no more scale. I took the battery out of my digital scale for a month. I became more focused on my running and when I finally did get back on the scale I noticed a huge difference. I still weigh once a week now though but I'm not as obsessed with it. I only weigh Fridays and if it's not Friday I don't even think about the scale.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!