650 pounds... Rambling introduction

Options

Replies

• Roseygirl1
    Roseygirl1 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Honored to have the opportunity to read your story and be part of the welcoming committee. Wishing you blessings with ever step on your journey.

Rosey
  • JoseCastaneda
    JoseCastaneda Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    You write extremely well and the secondary concern you raise here has also been on my mind in many of the extreme loss stories that appear on the site - where people are more impressed with the large struggle. In addressing this you are right - it is unnecessary to trivialize each individual struggle. Whether it is 3, 30 or 300 lbs that need to be lost each person owns their own waistline, builds their own journey.

Yet, we also recognize as a community that the struggles and need for consistency of someone with much more to lose are just larger and more complex. My efforts to ride up Mt Ventoux, as hard as they might be, requiring all that I've got to achieve just are not the planning, support and grit needed for Everest. I think that is what people also recognize, your Everest project. There is no need for us to self-denigrate the efforts of our minor climbs, yours will just be a little more epic.

Climb strong, climb long.

^^^^ This. My thoughts exactly. You write very well, you could be a journalist, or write a book :)

Every victory, no matter how small, it's a victory! Someone may struggle to lose .5 pounds, and someone is fighting to lose 50, or 100, or 400. No matter the number, any victory is a step forward for a more fulfilling and happy life.
  • raventwo
    raventwo Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing so honestly, what has happened, where you are at. I look forward to reading your journey going forward. I agree with the others who have posted about how well you express yourself. I would encourage you to start a blog (as I have). Its a gift to share what you have learned and are learning, with others. A gift that will mean more to them, than you can know.
  • enzosmama
    enzosmama Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Sending you lots of love and a friend request. Your story brought many tears to my eyes and my heart hurts and at the same time swells with pride for you. So happy you've taken things into your own hands, and all those little accomplishements totally add up!!!
  • Zx14chick
    Zx14chick Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I think your writing is what kept me engaged long enough to read the entire post. I am so proud of you for taking action and taking care of yourself. We all have struggles and the important part is how you react and move on. Best wishes on your journey. We all wish you all the best and hope you will keep us informed of your progress.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    Tannun,

You are one incredible person. Your story nearly has me in tears. You are on the right road, you can do this!

You can do this! We are all right here to support you!

If Cyber Ed has not yet responded in this conversation, I'm sure he will. He's de man too!

Hang in there and keep up the good work.
  • KristaMunson
    KristaMunson Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    My heart is broken for you. You inspire me, not to loose weight, but to love my children unconditionally and to protect them no matter what the costs. I am a believer in Christ Jesus and I know he can heal the broken hearted. I have seen him do it many times in many different people. Keep up the good work!
  • MichelleV1990
    MichelleV1990 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    I am so very sorry for the devastating loss of your innocence, security, and your beloved sister! You have shown a great amount of courage and inner strength by telling your story. Congratulations on slaying your demons and working your way to a healthier, happier you! I have every confidence that you will attain your goal! You have a guardian angel watching over you, and you will not fail her or yourself. I'd love to be a part of your support team, so please feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like! Congratulations on a fantastic loss, and I'm looking forward to your success story!
  • HappyHope0123
    HappyHope0123 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    YOU are amazing! Your sister would be so proud of you. Keep going. Redefine yourself!
  • Btbeam
    Btbeam Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    So sorry for your difficult trials. Good luck
  • mandyosetti
    mandyosetti Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    What an incredible story. All the best. Thank you for posting your story, you have come so far, it's very inspiring. Feel free to add me as a friend, I log on everyday. :)
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    The simple fact that after all you have been through in life, your still here fighting is inspirational. Your are a strong person! Never give up!
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    you have been thru a lot and I think getting this stuff out helps us heal. I have never been thru anything sexual but I did have parents who were neglectful and didn't care what I did, just don't bother them. I married at 19 to a man who turned out to be a real creep, mean, alcoholic, neglectful, abusive and my parents just turned their head. I know what it is like to be ignored and not get any help. I like you did tell them and they were not interested and never said or done a thing, just traveled a lot. To top it off when I divorced they were buddy buddy with him and I felt so betrayed. They had him up holidays also. It was devastating and I felt so alone. They would tell me how pretty my husbands new girlfriend was when he left me, just mean stuff.

I have forgiven them but it is really hard not getting love from the people who are suppose to love and protect you. I am civil with them but cant feel that warm feeling toward them. I think I turned to food for love and comfort and made a habit of this throughout my life. I don't know why I didn't gain a lot of weight, 50 is my most. I knew I had to take care of myself and have a decent job cause I could not count on my parents.
  • marhattap
    marhattap Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I wish you all the best in your journey. It was very brave of you to share your back story, I cant image how hard that must have been. You are such an inspiration, please never give up!!
  • ThePhoenixIsRising
    Options
    Bump
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry for your loss but I am glad that something has woken you up to want more for yourself. I hope you keep up the positive attitude and keep spreading it as well. We all have our journey - thank you for sharing yours.
  • drabbits3
    drabbits3 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    much encouragement for your journey! you have quite the story...and you are quite the survivor. don't stop--get healthy and share the lessons you have learned and will learn--there are others like you who are hurting themselves for similar reasons--you are proof that different choices can be made.
    prayers and hope for you!
  • lwestmill
    lwestmill Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Please add me too. I read every word of your struggles and your pain. I'm so sorry to hear about your sister. She loved you dearly. You can do this journey with me. You are a true survivor.

I'm so thankful for my MFP friends. I could have never stuck to this without them. It has been almost a year this November and trust me, my un-dieting family and friends seem to care that I'm loosing weight but talking to them is limited. The details of my struggles they are NOT so interested in. Their eyes glaze over. Its ONLY my MFP friends can stand these long details and can sympathize with the struggles of monitoring our food intake.
  • VBnotbitter
    VBnotbitter Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I've only just read your story. I found it through your blog post, so see it was worth writing!

Your life so far has been an uphill struggle but you are nearly at the top now, just a bit of a climb, and the views will be spectacular .
  • bambi2578
    bambi2578 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I just found your post today, and I am in tears. You have gone through so much hurt and pain, and you are such an inspiration to be able turn all that into a positive. Great work so far, and you can only go up from here.

*hugs*