650 pounds... Rambling introduction

Options

Replies

• NoMoreBlameGame
    NoMoreBlameGame Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Once in a great while, I read things, hear things or witness things that are just too mighty for words. You sir, definitely classify as "mighty" and I have no words. I use hugs when no word in any language could possibly do...so BIG hugs to you, mighty one.

YOU CAN DO THIS
  • breakingfitter
    Options
    I hope all the messages of support and love are doing you good - This was a beautiful story to read, a journey of epic proportions. Although you have 7 pages of messages - If you'd like one more friend, I'm sending the request. Have strength and keep on truckin'!
  • crawfishgirl333
    crawfishgirl333 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    you can do this! ive read your story , its awesome that you ve come so far on your weight loss , keep it up , i know you can do it.
  • vivi1962
    vivi1962 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I think we all shed tears when we read your story. It's terrible that your mother wasn't there for you like she should have been. I don't think your selfish at all. I think you suffered immensely and your comfort was food. I'm glad that you are on track now and taking care of you. I always tell my children "It doesn't matter what others think of you, but what you think of yourself". If you are a good person inside and out that's what counts. You need to do this for you not anyone else. Be proud of how far you have come. They might seem like baby steps but they are truly major accomplishments--Kudos to you! Sending you a friend request.
  • lh1626
    lh1626 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I cant imagine how hard it was to share your story. Please keep your head high and focus on your journey for yourself. I am sorry for what you have been through and I hope that your heart finds some peace and happiness in this life. You can do this!
  • Patttience
    Patttience Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story. I wish you success and happiness.
  • ak1113
    Options
    Your story is so powerful, thank you for sharing it with us.
    I am rooting for your success!!!
  • lacurandera1
    lacurandera1 Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you found a motivator. I'm sorry for what it was, though.

I think your sister would be proud of you.
  • pghsteelerfan
    pghsteelerfan Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    :smile: I'm sitting here in admiration.....for you....it takes alot to sit down and write down your raw thoughts..to read all the anguish life has dealt but to have the adversity to bounce up and grasp a lifeline no matter how minute it may be.....Your heart has had a few cracks form, but because of your experience, you have gained wisdom as well....unfortunately you've been mentally as well as physically challenged...and thru it all...you have come out the other end...thru heartbreak and disappointments you have managed wisdom to allow you to muster up the courage to move forward....GOD BLESS YOU!!!! Your sister was one special lady..she was getting to transition into another world and spent her last moments showing love to others...and she is probably giving you strength thru her memories...

I think your openness is healing, and you wont believe how your post will help others who experience similar circumstances but dont have the courage to print it. Thank you, thank you, thank you...for sharing your story.....it opens my eyes to what can BE DONE..if we let go of self-pity and choose to control our destiny.In no way will the journey be easy...i KNOW tripping over our shoestrings while taking those baby steps will sometimes try to heed our momentum, just keep the faith...the food is the devil's way of trying to draw us back into the darkness...and there will be times the towel will be flying in the air..into the ring....but grasp your sister's love and her memory will light the way...I hope the move to Florida is a positive one...you have many praying for you now...I hope you will keep us updated as you tackle all the demons...please post as much as you need...and we will be supportive...if you wish....High five{{{{{{{ }}}}}}}}}...my friend...you r well on your way....:heart:
  • TreetYoSelf
    Options
    You should create your own MFP group so that we can all join and cheer you on!

I agree. Your story has humbled me, I'll be one of the folks cheering you on, watching you succeed. One day at a time, one step at a time. Now is your time, my friend. You can do this! Feel free to friend me.:flowerforyou:
  • LinDiSm26262
    LinDiSm26262 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Thank you for being brave enough to share your story. You are an inspiration to so many here at MFP. God bless you on your journey to health. I'm sure your sister would be so proud of you. Take it one day at a time and you will make it.
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    Wow. Darn it, you made me cry! Thank you so much for sharing your story. Hopefully it was cathartic for you to write it out. You CAN do this. Just take it one day at a time, and always remember that no one is perfect, so if you have a bad food day, own it, log it, and move on. Congratulations on reaching the 400s!
  • Brownski860
    Brownski860 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    you are amazing. I'm so sorry for the hardships you have had to endure. God bless you for recognizing that you have to take things one day at a time. You can do this and we are all here to help, guide and encourage you along your journey.Friend request sent
  • laurakane1108
    laurakane1108 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    You can do this! We're ALL here for you :) Milestones are great and I know how you felt the first time you bent over and put on a sock! My high moment so far was the first time I could sit in a chair and cross my legs....not sit wide legged because my legs were so big. :)
  • Luuvy
    Luuvy Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    You are amazing and you can do this! It must feel amazing to be able to do things that you previously couldn't. Kudos to you. I wish you a very happy, peaceful and successful journey. Just take it 1 day at a time:-)
  • ctinawilson
    ctinawilson Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I expect you'll be reading these responses for a while... haha.

Surround yourself with us, let us be the support you need on those bad days, and the ones you shout to loud and proud on the good.

Be vocal and we will be there.

Tell us when you achieve the tiniest goal, tell us when you feel like giving up. That's what we're here for.

You are not alone.

Friend Request sent, but seeing as I'm late to the party, i get it if you can't handle another one ;)
  • LisaBear1986
    LisaBear1986 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Gentleman might appreciate this more, those itches we get in the unmentionable areas... The ones that just need a good scratch? I can finally reach past the fat to scratch. My legs were twitching like a puppies getting a belly rub when that first happened.

Although, I am not a man, this made me chuckle a little bit because it's small and simple things that we all take advantage of, and just for you to be able to make your leg "twitch like a puppy getting a belly rub" is a major accomplishment! I don't know you, but I am so incredibly proud of you! And I am so glad that I was able to read your story. I am so sorry that you went through such traumatic events in your life. It seems as though you have some great support coming your way (your sister with the pool), and there are so many people on MFP that are supportive/motivating/inspirational. Keep up the great work, friend! You are a true inspiration.

Remember, NSV are important, too! :smile: Again, congratulations on your success and I look forward to going through this journey with you!
  • ctinawilson
    ctinawilson Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Must also share Brian's amazing story, just more proof you CAN do it.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1196867-how-i-lost-360lbs-in-15-months
  • beachgirl613
    beachgirl613 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I'm in awe of you just being able to put all that on paper. It is so brave. Every little step is a step closer to your goal. Friend request sent.
  • zephyre7
    zephyre7 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    You are truly an inspiration!

Complications from morbid obesity took one of my family members back in 2007, so I can certainly relate to your story.

Blessings to you for having the strength to change your path and keep on going - it's definitely worth it! ????