650 pounds... Rambling introduction

Options

Replies

• LeenaJean
    LeenaJean Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your experiences. We are all here to support you and genuinely care about your outcome and well being. Your sister would be very proud of the changes you are making. Florida makes everything better, I know :)
  • mrron2u
    mrron2u Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Man! I have never read a 1st post that was so real!

I'm so glad you found your trigger, I found mine about 5 months ago. Use the trigger to keep you motivated! You can do this, and it would be such an awesome tribute to your sister to lose the weight and really start living in her honor!

I'm friending you and will try to be as helpful as possible. My MFP friends have really become a second family to me so I know how important they are.

Take care and I look forward to reading more about your journey. You are very articulate and your words could have the power to inspire many as you reach your goals!
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I rarely read long posts. I'm a bit lazy about that. I couldn't stop reading this one. Congrats on all you have done so far and I can't wait to see your success story!
  • meganjcallaghan
    meganjcallaghan Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    You'll do it. But there will be set backs. I can guarantee every one of those "success" stories experienced their fair share too. Don't let them derail you. You da man
  • littlefury
    littlefury Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi Tannun!

Thank you for bearing your soul to us in your introduction. Wow.

I just wanted to let you know about a Community Group that was just formed yesterday called the 100 Day Challenge. It grew organically out of a simple idea to make a real, all-in, no excuses 100 day commitment and to provide support to each other while doing it. Today is just day 2 and I have already experienced an overwhelming sense of community and a surge of motivation from taking part in this group. For the first time in years I feel confident that I can do this! Please check it out and join us if you wish. We would love to have you!
  • Great_Mazinga
    Great_Mazinga Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Your story sounds so much like my own. I got to 397 before I got serious about doing something.I always had a linebacker's build, but believed it didn't really show so much on me, as I was so naturally big. Well, that was probably true up to about 260, no one ever thought I was that heavy. Somehow, I gave up or got comfortable on my way to near 400.

Our families sound similar, but you had the much worse hand. Parents never wanted kids, and treated me as such all too often. We never talked about feelings, expressed love, etc. Even had my dad's dad push me away when I tried to hug him as a child. Your sister was a saint. I'm so sorry you had to lose her, and that her husband was apparently unfaithful to your angel.

Maybe you can keep a favorite picture of her or her and you together where you can see it daily. Take time to remember that love every day. I was lucky as a child to have one Grandmother who loved me like that. I didn't really realize it, feel I deserved it, or honestly appreciate it until she was gone. I always aspire to be who my grandma thought I was.

Anyhow, I'm tearing up writing this. I'm happy for your change of heart and health. Love to add you to my friends and watch us get there together.
  • kmsnyg
    kmsnyg Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Your sister would be proud of you for starting this journey! Baby steps add up, just take it one day at a time.
  • JenniferIsLosingIt
    Options
    I dont even know you and I love you! You are an OVERCOMER! I am so sorry for the abuse you endured. I too endured sexual abuse amonst other things. I too fed myself for fear someone else would find me attractive and hurt me the way the others did. I will be praying for you and I am sending you a friend request I wish the best! Keep doing what you are doing and I hope you enjoy the HECK out of the pool!!! :flowerforyou: :smile:
  • Magdaloonie
    Magdaloonie Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Oh jeez, that was moving and amazing. Mister, I am glad to know you.
  • kamaperry
    kamaperry Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    Friend rerquest sent. Keep up the amazing work. You should write a book with your story!
  • mrsdmiller74
    mrsdmiller74 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    You are already a winner just by surviving all that you have been through. Just continue to take one day a time and do not let anything or anyone over whelm you. Please remember that you have survived a great deal, so there is a purpose for your life. Good luck on your journey, you will do great, you have already began
  • j4nash
    j4nash Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    My Mom died last year.. the whole reason I started on here since I knew it was inevitable.. good luck man, you can do it.
  • crzdirector
    crzdirector Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Bro, prayers with you...you can do this.
  • lisanangel
    lisanangel Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me I'm on daily.I have 30 pounds
  • kittyr77
    kittyr77 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    wow. I admire you for sharing your story, thank you.
    I can't imagine what life has been like for you, you are simply amazing and i wish you every success and happiness for the future x
  • DBBA21
    DBBA21 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story on here & being so honest. Good luck with the next stage in your life!
  • dizzyray822
    Options
    Wow....this is the first post I read here and it was so touching. Thank you for sharing as I know it took a lot to share this. I hope the very best for you.
  • cherrilovee
    cherrilovee Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Wow thank you for sharing your story. Looks like you're already hitting some important milestones. We're all so proud of you.
    The only advice I could give you that would really help you is DON'T QUIT.
    Always look back and remember how happy you were when you started shredding the weight, and keep going!
    I'm going to send you a friend request because I know you're going to be healthy and I really want to see that transformation! :)
  • Markdjones83
    Markdjones83 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    I rarely read long posts. I'm a bit lazy about that. I couldn't stop reading this one. Congrats on all you have done so far and I can't wait to see your success story!

Agreed, good luck and stay motivated. You will thank yourself and make your sister proud.
  • michellewalker8866
    Options
    First I want to say I am sorry for your lost. Boy, some of your story hit home with me. I have been struggling lately with my own journey, but ready your story has kicked me in my butt to get going again. I wish you all the best in your journey.