650 pounds... Rambling introduction

Options

Replies

• lizzybathory
    Options
    Oh, wow. I'm sending so much support. I'm so sad for all you've been through, and so happy that you've reached a turning point. I'm sure you have a long, long road ahead of you... but reaching each and every one of those little milestones will hopefully keep you going! I wish you so much success. I can tell that inside, you are such a loving, caring person, and that your sister's love has had a huge impact on your life. Way to go for starting your journey. I think you'll make lots of friends here.
  • Tanie98
    Tanie98 Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    :noway:wow.thanks for sharing your story
  • rayonrainbows
    rayonrainbows Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    ** hugs **

many hugs to you. you can do this. i can't wait to read your success stories along the way!
  • jessicamcfarland165
    Options
    I am weeping uncontrollably right now. You are a very gifted writer and have a beautiful spirit. Many blessings on your path! :)
  • TriShamelessly
    TriShamelessly Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    I am hoping that your weight loss journey is one of pride and fulfillment. Unlike many of the circumstances that you've faced, this is certainly within your control and you appear to have the right mindset to tackle it straight on. I wish you the very best and look forward to following your journey as you are able to post your own successes here on MFP. Stay stong!
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    Holy cow. :noway: You've certainly been through a lot. But you know what? you survived. And as others have said, there are some folks around here who have weighed what you weighed, and they've lost and improved their lives tremendously. I hope you can hook up with them for inspiration and guidance.
    If you're not already, consider a Ketogenic diet.
    Disagree. A simple plan of cutting back the total calories eaten and trying to move around some more is all you should need at this point. Baby steps. Macros can come later.

I agree. baby steps. Get used to moving more, smaller portions and logging everything, then eventually start tweaking the macros to get the best percentages for you.

Enjoy the pool at your sister's! My first activity was in the water too. It really helped me get moving without the stress and pain in the knees. Even if you just walk around in the water, the resistance will help (besides, it's FUN!).

Congrats on taking the first steps and on your progress so far.
  • socalkay
    socalkay Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    I'll be looking for your continued successes here on MFP.

Perhaps get some grief counseling. The anger you feel toward your niece and yourself may stem in part from the loss of your beloved sister.

Forgive yourself.

"Forgiveness is letting go of all hope of a different past." - Annie Dillard
  • _Stardust_
    _Stardust_ Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing your experiences. You have incredible insight into your own life, and even with such incredible traumas in your life you still take responsibility. Please take heart and know that there are others here like you. I am like you. Thank you.
  • throoper
    throoper Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Keep it up!!! You deserve to be healthy and happy!
  • tiggsnanny
    tiggsnanny Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    :cry: what a sad story, I too couldn't read past the abuse part, I feel so sorry for you. But, I will also support you in any way I can, i'm sending an f/r :smile:

Good luck with your journey :flowerforyou:
  • Timelordlady85
    Timelordlady85 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    i wish you the best of everything and I'm sorry to hear about your struggles and family past pains. I wish you the best with your move to florida. I will send you a FR, its always easier to lose weight with weight loss buddies:flowerforyou:
  • BarbellApprentice
    BarbellApprentice Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Moving. And welcome (back).
  • turkeyhunter60
    turkeyhunter60 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Heck of a story. You know your weaknesses, and now have found your strength. I lost 30 pounds and got excited because I didn't have to buy relaxed fit pants. No way can I touch what you are, and will, do. Keep up the good work. Yeah, baby steps, down the street, around the block. Pretty soon you will be free.

Take care, and good luck.
  • trm68
    trm68 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hope and pray that you continue to persevere here. I cannot even understand what you must be going through both physically or mentally. It must be tough to say the least. Good luck on your journey..
  • farmerpam1
    farmerpam1 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    You should create your own MFP group so that we can all join and cheer you on!

I agree. Your story has humbled me, I'll be one of the folks cheering you on, watching you succeed. One day at a time, one step at a time. Now is your time, my friend. You can do this! Feel free to friend me.:flowerforyou:
  • vegkitten
    vegkitten Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I had very similar things happen to me in my childhood, and I reacted in a similar sense by starving and binging on and off for years on end it seems to the point that I've fallen into some low weights where I should have been hospitalized. I'd like to add you as a friend so we can support each other. :)
  • shanlivestrong
    shanlivestrong Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I wish you success! Your story is so moving and it reminds me of how precious life is. Blessings...
  • vandylocks
    vandylocks Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on taking your life back! I hope you find the strength and hope you need in this community.
  • kangaroux92
    kangaroux92 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    thank you for telling your story through the sources available on the internet im sure your learning theirs many people in the same spot you are. my boyfriends father is 52 years old and around 500/550 pounds , has heart infection don't know the technical name, diabetes, high blood pressure, lymphedema, etc you name he has it. he can walk a little with a Cain. but his quality of life is so limited. i thought he had his aha moment when he was hospitalized for getting sepsis his leg go so infected he tried to hide it but became so sick. he was in ICU for 3 weeks, hospital for 2 more weeks, and a nursing home for 3 months. he lost about 80 pounds . but when he came home he slowly fell back to his old ways i fear he may die. dont give up because you give people just like him and their loved ones hope that you can turn your life around. he also has a 16yr old and 25yr old sons who love him dearly i think of him every day hoping that hell get on track.
  • SMKing75
    SMKing75 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Good luck my friend. I hope you can continue to motivate yourself in the right direction. It will take time but I believe it will be worth it in the end.