650 pounds... Rambling introduction

Options

Replies

• Gr8ChangesAhead
    Gr8ChangesAhead Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    That story was rough - tears poured at times, but I am so happy you have decided to move forward with your life, I am sorry about the loss of your sister, Time for you to start some living. Add Me I will try and support you along the way
  • focusedonfitness2015
    Options
    Sweet mother of God....I am sitting here in tears. Your story of survival is amazing to say the least. Kudos to you for taking responsibility for your actions and what got you to the point of where you are. So many are so quick to make excuses and blame others for the horrible things in their past that make them who they are today. I am a firm believer that every bad thing that has happened in my life has made me a stronger person today. We have to learn from them. You can either be a victim or a survivor and I choose the latter.

Good luck to you! You have a strong mind and a will to succeed. Your sister is watching you right now and she is proud of the steps you are taking. :flowerforyou:
  • wannabeskinnycat
    wannabeskinnycat Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I don't think there are words for what I want to say.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • altaroxy
    altaroxy Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Your story is very moving. I wish you continued success and strength as you continue down your path. It has been said that sometimes you have to forgive others, not for them but for yourself so that you can put the past behind you. Keep it up and stay positive.
  • iamom507
    iamom507 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    You can do this! thank you for taking the time to tell your story. One day at a time...
  • DittoDan
    DittoDan Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    If you're not already, consider a Ketogenic diet.
  • Trinaw
    Trinaw Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Wow your story is a huge eye opener. I'm saddened by all you've been through but proud of the accomplishments that you have made and will continue to make. I logged on today cause I need a re boost and read your story. If you can make it through all the stuff you've been thru and do this journey there is no reason I can't. I'm proud of you and you've GOT this. Do it for your health, your niece, your sister who passed and most of all for YOU! You are worth this and we shouldn't let food consume us anymore. Good luck with your journey your an inspiration!!
  • mygrl4meee
    mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    What a sad story. Its a shame the person who is supposed to protect you the most failed you like that. Congrats for fighting for your life! I am sure you will make your family proud. I will send you a friend request.
  • nogreenthumb
    Options
    Thank you. Thank you for posting this, thank you for having the courage to tell your story, and thank you for motivating me.

Your introduction has given me the encouragement to take my own steps in the right direction.

Friend request sent :)
  • All4Me2014xx
    All4Me2014xx Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    One step. One little bitty baby step and you start the journey of your life.

You've got this. All the ups and downs that will come. You. Will. Have. This.
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    You can do this. It's about taking it one day at a time. If you mess up, forgive yourself and move on.

Linking you to Ed, who is a great inspiration:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1103164-3-yrs-312lbs-lost-1yr-from-bodylift-and-maintenance
  • SandraJN
    SandraJN Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Wow. Just wow.
  • kimkay1985
    kimkay1985 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on taking these first steps. It was brave of you to be so honest. Good luck! FR sent.
  • gotonenerveleft
    gotonenerveleft Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Wow is right! Sending hugs and prayers. You got this! You inspire me! Sending friend request too. Would love to follow along in you journey. I know it will be amazing.
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    What a brave and moving post. Congratulations for taking those first steps and moving in the right direction. Best of luck to you, and here's hoping you'll be back to share more of your successes with us.
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    I'm not good at giving advice & know there'll be a lot of posters to help with that. Wanted to say it's all about one day at a time.Just cutting back will do you a lot of good,then you will be walking a block or two.After that,there will be no stopping you! Wishing you a healthy way of eating. Good luck & please let us know how it goes. We care. Pat
  • chriszennao
    Options
    sometimes it just helps to hear that someone is proud of you. regardless of how you were, it seemed like your sister was proud of you. and MFP is proud of you. we all have to start somewhere and the little things do add up, don't let anyone make you feel like you should have a certain amount of progress within a certain amount of time. Live you life and learn from any mistakes. Just live and be happy and keep moving. One love.
  • Smpo1979
    Smpo1979 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Wow...I was not expecting so many feelings today. I'm so choked up. You can do this! Friend request coming....
  • GlynnisSapsfordHey
    Options
    You can do this.
  • JoelleAnn78
    JoelleAnn78 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story. I have faith in you. You can do this, and I know you will be successful. Feel free to FR me if you'd like. My story is in my profile.