Thigh-Gap Thursday

Options

Replies

• stillhere1981
    stillhere1981 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Do men care about thigh gap or is another thing women started to obsess about for no reason? I will never have a thigh gap and I could not care less.
  • colors_fade
    colors_fade Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Do men care about thigh gap or is another thing women started to obsess about for no reason? I will never have a thigh gap and I could not care less.

It's purely a woman thing.

http://www.cosmopolitan.com/lifestyle/news/a18504/stop-thigh-gap/

And it's absurd.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,931 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you spend a lot of money on poor quality exercise clothing. Too bad more expensive doesn't actually mean high quality in many cases...

I don't have a thigh gap - never will, it's not in my genetics nor is it something I care to try to get - but I still don't rub through my pants.
  • ethompso0105
    ethompso0105 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I dated a guy once who had the audacity to tell me that he normally prefers girls with a "crotch-porthole". Yup...he didn't even know the real name. Since I've never had one, and likely never will, I took that as a sign that the relationship was clearly over.

Good for you if you have a HEALTHY gap (my mom and sister are getting close and they're super healthy)--however, if you're body's not built for the gap (like mine) then we get to rock that look, too!

PS--If you're worried about chub-rub under skirts, may I suggest Jocky Skimmies? They're wonderful! :)
  • sixout
    sixout Posts: 3,129 Member
    Options
    I dated a guy once who had the audacity to tell me that he normally prefers girls with a "crotch-porthole". Yup...he didn't even know the real name. Since I've never had one, and likely never will, I took that as a sign that the relationship was clearly over.

Good for you if you have a HEALTHY gap (my mom and sister are getting close and they're super healthy)--however, if you're body's not built for the gap (like mine) then we get to rock that look, too!

PS--If you're worried about chub-rub under skirts, may I suggest Jocky Skimmies? They're wonderful! :)

I'm forever calling it a crotch porthole now.
  • trinatrina1984
    trinatrina1984 Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Apparently the size of your thigh gap has direct correlation to the 'fitness' of whats directly above it, if you catch my drift
  • untrue
    untrue Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    THAT THIGH GAP DOE

Carl's_Hot_Dog_Holder_(Normal_Boy).png
  • katkins73
    katkins73 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    The thigh gap thing makes me sad. Women are objectified enough without us doing it to ourselves. We are whole people, not just thighs or other body parts :frown:
  • 365andstillalive
    365andstillalive Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    1966881_632811416791777_1873417835_n.png

The only thigh gap I'll ever care about.
  • ethompso0105
    ethompso0105 Posts: 418 Member
    Options

I'm forever calling it a crotch porthole now.

You're welcome! :wink:

Edited because I'm a posting dummy today!
  • Kaelakcr
    Kaelakcr Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to mention that thigh gap is mostly dependent on the angle of a woman's pelvis. Many women would have to be at an unhealthy low weight to have it. Not everyone of course; I have a thigh gap anywhere under a bmi of 22 (and I'm normally at bmi 20-21), but that is because I have a naturally splayed pelvis. A lot of women would have to be underweight to get a gap...which is obviously not healthy or anything to strive for.

^^^^^^^ Ding, ding. We have a winner. I have to be at 18 BMI or below with no little-to-no leg muscle to have a thigh gap.

This is an unhealthy obsession and doesn't belong on this site!
  • So_Much_Fab
    So_Much_Fab Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Despicable-Me-Minions-014.jpg
  • Kaelakcr
    Kaelakcr Posts: 505 Member
    Options

It's purely a woman thing.

http://www.cosmopolitan.com/lifestyle/news/a18504/stop-thigh-gap/

And it's absurd.

Unfortunately, it's not just a "woman thing". Go check out the Chive on Thursdays. There are a lot of guys who have bought into it for some reason and it's now a "thing". It's just a crappy thing.
  • rollng_thundr
    rollng_thundr Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    1966881_632811416791777_1873417835_n.png

Winner, winner.. chicken dinner.
  • JenniDaisy
    JenniDaisy Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    This is insane.
  • teresamwhite
    teresamwhite Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Even at my thinnest/fittest, right after basic training (5'6", 115lbs) I never had a thigh gap, but I like a fuller thigh, ala vintage pinup, so this isn't something I ever see myself trying to attain.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    bu6oc.jpg
  • katiem555
    katiem555 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    are you out of your mind? a thigh gap? what are you, twelve?
    it's called 'my fitness pal' not 'my eating disorder trigger'. think before you speak.