Best thing to eat at a Mexican restaurant??

Options
13»

Replies

• magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Water, with lemon if feeling feisty.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Fajitas are usually a good bet... Also, we have a place down here that serves a quesadilla fajita. It's a quesadilla that's got a "smear" of beans on it, then loaded with fajita steak/chicken/both and veggies with some queso fresco sprinkled on top, folded over, then grilled. Comes with a mexican salad too, with some guac and a little sour cream.

I want that for dinner.

But seriously I'm gonna see if my husband and his friend we're meeting are up for Mexican due to this thread!!!
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I get huevos con chorizo and a side of guacamole.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    It is a meal out and for me that means I will eat pretty much what I want off the menu.. Chips and salsa and Queso with a draft beer for starters then whatever main course I want, I usually go for a shredded chicken burrito and a Chorizo burrito with Enchilada sauce and rice and beans on the side with a side of guacamole...... I enjoy it and then get back on track in the morning..... Best of Luck...
  • Camo_xxx
    Camo_xxx Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Shrimp de ajo, carne asada, chile verde , what ever fish they have that day.
  • muggzie399
    muggzie399 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    It is a meal out and for me that means I will eat pretty much what I want off the menu.. Chips and salsa and Queso with a draft beer for starters then whatever main course I want, I usually go for a shredded chicken burrito and a Chorizo burrito with Enchilada sauce and rice and beans on the side with a side of guacamole...... I enjoy it and then get back on track in the morning..... Best of Luck...

You also make sure you knock the **** out of the next day. Nobody can make up a day like you can.
  • FatAsianNerd
    FatAsianNerd Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I like fajitas served on a skillet and some guacamole. I don't like eating the tortillas.
  • bfergusonii
    bfergusonii Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    For me it's usually steak fajitas.
    I can then decided what I want to put on them instead of them deciding for me.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    Order whatever you will really enjoy. Box half of it up as soon as the plate gets to the table. Have a second meal out of it later.

:flowerforyou:

this ^^ You might as well enjoy going to the restaurant without worrying so much about weight and calories. Or else, that will be your new life, and you might as well only eat at home forever.
  • Snip8241
    Snip8241 Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I have one chicken fajita.
    Sometimes I will order the ceviche appetizer as my meal and go easy on the chips.