Do you eat Chobani or Oikos Greek and leave the fruit alone?

Options

Replies

• BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    You do know that milk products contains lactose, which is sugar.

Yes MA'AM, still eat 50 or so grams of sugar a day but I dont eat processed sugars. Greek yogurt only has 1 gram of sugar per 5 oz.

But even the non-fruit part of Chobani is "processed".
  • caesar164
    caesar164 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Yeah, your defenitely alone on this one brah :-)
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    I am adding two 5.3 oz yogurt cups to my day everyday. Love the stuff. Its my go to snack and its loaded with Protein. I dont eat the fruit at the bottom cause i know its loaded with sugar, so I enjoy the yogurt, skim it off the fruit layer and throw the fruit and cup away. But in my calories I show higher content of carbs than I should be. Is there a way to remove those carbs and input a modified Greek yogurt cup in for my daily intake.
    Sure, if you insist on doing things the hard way, you can create your own custom food and input the information for the plain yogurt in place of the info on the cup. Scaled, of course, to account for the difference in weight. Perhaps divide by 5.3 and multiply by however many ounces of actual plain yogurt you get out of it.

Or maybe just log plain yogurt.

But any way you slice it, I didn't find Chobani's nutrient ratio to be nearly as good as Fage plain, and I sure wouldn't spend money on fruit I was gonna throw away. I buy the plain and put in a squirt of Mio for flavor.
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options

Yes MA'AM, still eat 50 or so grams of sugar a day but I dont eat processed sugars. Greek yogurt only has 1 gram of sugar per 5 oz.

But even the non-fruit part of Chobani is "processed".
    Shhhh... Logic is lost on this thread.
  • brandonrf
    brandonrf Posts: 37 Member
    Options

Yes sir, still eat 50 or so grams of sugar a day but I dont eat processed sugars. Greek yogurt only has 1 gram of sugar per 5 oz.

I'm a woman.

my apologies, didnt see your profile til just now.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options

Yes sir, still eat 50 or so grams of sugar a day but I dont eat processed sugars. Greek yogurt only has 1 gram of sugar per 5 oz.

Hmmm... pretty sure this yogurt is as far from unprocessed as anything in that fridge section gets.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options

I'm a woman.

tumblr_m5s000rGbv1qfqzs8o1_500.gif
  • brandonrf
    Options
    Well I guess I am alone on this one. As to the stevia comment. Absolutely. Stevia has changed my life. I dont have to hunger for something sweet anymore, I just mix up a glass of iced tea and add stevia for a sweet fix.

You gotta do the extract though or it will still taste like crap. Almond works well too.

I have a bottle of KAL pure stevia on my work desk right now. Its the extract with out additives.
  • kshadows
    kshadows Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options
    I don't buy the "fruit on the bottom" type because I think it's gross. The blended ones are super good though... I love coconut, orange cream, cafe latte, and several others. If you're worried about sugar, maybe buy plain and add your own fruit?
  • George_Baileys_Ghost
    George_Baileys_Ghost Posts: 1,524 Member
    Options
  • brandonrf
    Options

Hmmm... pretty sure this yogurt is as far from unprocessed as anything in that fridge section gets.

touche' I guess what I should have said was I dont go grab a snickers and think that is a decent meal replacement on the go. I get my sugars from things derived from something it originally came from. This keeps my MFP grams of sugar per day well under the alloted amount.
  • Cardio4Cupcakes
    Cardio4Cupcakes Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I think I'm the only person in the world who doesn't like Greek yogurt.
  • Leather_N_Lace
    Leather_N_Lace Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Buy plain and add a packet of stevia and some vanilla extract. You're welcome.

This right here! Boom.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options

I'm a woman.

my apologies, didnt see your profile til just now.

29mozfq.jpg
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options
    I don't buy the "fruit on the bottom" type because I think it's gross. The blended ones are super good though... I love coconut, orange cream, cafe latte, and several others. If you're worried about sugar, maybe buy plain and add your own fruit?
    ^ this

I buy Dannon Greek but the light and fit version. Way less calories (80), still 12g of protein and usually only 8 or 9 carbs and 6 or 7g of sugar. I buy the flavor blends or the vanilla and add my own fresh fruit.
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    Ouch harsh bunch...

Yes, that is the obvious choice. Just to buy the plain but I dont like the plain. If i do the fruit cups I get some of the fruit flavor but not all the sugar since its separated and sitting at the bottom.

I buy the cups for conveinence and dont really care to save the planet. Where I buy yogurt, the individual cups are the same price as the tubs per ouce. I have done my homework on yogurt since its my favorite go to snack/breakfast.

As for cost that is something I watch like a hawk and well I pay about 12.1 cents an ouce for the fruit version and 12.0 cents an ouce for the plain. I eat about 10 ouces a day (netting 24g protein) so I would be saving a wopping 1 cent a day (30 cents a month) and still have to flavor the plain boring yogurt.

I really enjoy my food and while I dont eat sweets anymore I do watch sugar intake. I eat for healthy living not to cut ever carb. I eat about 150-180 grams of protein a day, fill in the rest with carbs and keep my fats for the most part around 40-50 grams. My pie chart has equal parts carbs and protein and about 20-25 percent fat.

The point was to get what you want in your day and modify modify modify as tony horton says to make it work for you. I do that in my dieting as well but still truely enjoy what I eat.

You do know that you can freeze: bananas, strawberries, mangoes etc to add to the plain yogurt - much cheaper and a lot tastier too.
  • Markdjones83
    Markdjones83 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    200.gif
  • laurie04427
    laurie04427 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Try the coconut chobani, doesn't have that syrupy sweet fruit (I hate that too and toss it like you do). It's blended. Not sure of the sugar content but it's worth checking.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    This seems like sucking the joy out of yogurt. Or leaving the joy in the bottom of the tub. Something like that.

You could get plain and then put in a tiny amount of Simply Fruit. There are 10 g carbs in that (1 tablespoon serving) so 1 teaspoon would be 3.33 g.
  • prettychelly
    prettychelly Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt comes in many different flavors you know. Such as vanilla, strawberry cheesecake, banana, strawberry etc. I eat it almost everyday. I'm also not a fan of yogurt and fruit mixed together. I'd rather just have a piece of fruit and some yogurt after or before. I really don't get the hype of fruit in yogurt.