Do you eat Chobani or Oikos Greek and leave the fruit alone?

Options

Replies

• brandonrf
    brandonrf Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I don't buy the "fruit on the bottom" type because I think it's gross. The blended ones are super good though... I love coconut, orange cream, cafe latte, and several others. If you're worried about sugar, maybe buy plain and add your own fruit?
    ^ this

I buy Dannon Greek but the light and fit version. Way less calories (80), still 12g of protein and usually only 8 or 9 carbs and 6 or 7g of sugar. I buy the flavor blends or the vanilla and add my own fresh fruit.

The Dannon is my favorite as well, Oikos has the least cost per gram of protein but I have yet to try the blended stuff.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options
    You do know that milk products contains lactose, which is sugar.

Yes sir, still eat 50 or so grams of sugar a day but I dont eat processed sugars. Greek yogurt only has 1 gram of sugar per 5 oz.

Hmmm... pretty sure this yogurt is as far from unprocessed as anything in that fridge section gets.

touche' I guess what I should have said was I dont go grab a snickers and think that is a decent meal replacement on the go. I get my sugars from things derived from something it originally came from. This keeps my MFP grams of sugar per day well under the alloted amount.

Paging Mr. Bad Example....
  • cecesquats
    cecesquats Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    they make flavored greek yogurt without the fruit. . .
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Why not just buy Greek yogurt without the fruit in it?
    Apparently logic is not an option.
  • brandonrf
    Options

Yes sir, still eat 50 or so grams of sugar a day but I dont eat processed sugars. Greek yogurt only has 1 gram of sugar per 5 oz.

Hmmm... pretty sure this yogurt is as far from unprocessed as anything in that fridge section gets.

touche' I guess what I should have said was I dont go grab a snickers and think that is a decent meal replacement on the go. I get my sugars from things derived from something it originally came from. This keeps my MFP grams of sugar per day well under the alloted amount.

I am very open to advice, where in my habits is the bad example. So that I might work on that and learn from it?
  • jacklis
    jacklis Posts: 280 Member
    Options

I'm a woman.
    right? I mean- I call everyone 'Sir' as a sign of respect, will have to be careful.
    tumblr_m5s000rGbv1qfqzs8o1_500.gif
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options

I am very open to advice, where in my habits is the bad example. So that I might work on that and learn from it?

She's not saying that your habits are a bad example.

Mr Bad Example is another user here. Who enjoys snickers and makes them fit into his day instead of wasting 1/3 of a yogurt cup.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options

Mr Bad Example is another user here. Who enjoys snickers and makes them fit into his day instead of wasting 1/3 of a yogurt cup.

Mr Bad Example, ChrisDavey, Acg67, LolBroScience, SideSteel, Sarauk2sf, myself and many, many others.
  • brandonrf
    Options

on a gram scale I am only wasting .3 oz out of 5.3 oz. Its hardly anything to feel wasteful about. But thank you for clearing that up. Making things fit into your diet is what its all about. I applaud anyone that is trying this and making gains. MFP has helped me out tremendously and still allowed me to enjoy "bad" things within reason.
  • lishie_rebooted
    Options

Mr Bad Example, ChrisDavey, Acg67, LolBroScience, SideSteel, Sarauk2sf, myself and many, many others.

I prefer ice cream to snickers but I don't like caramel so there's that.
  • lishie_rebooted
    Options

on a gram scale I am only wasting .3 oz out of 5.3 oz. Its hardly anything to feel wasteful about. But thank you for clearing that up. Making things fit into your diet is what its all about. I applaud anyone that is trying this and making gains. MFP has helped me out tremendously and still allowed me to enjoy "bad" things within reason.

There are no "good" or "bad" foods unless you have a medical condition or think something is nasty (like me and kale. Kale is bad.)
  • brandonrf
    Options

I'm a woman.
    right? I mean- I call everyone 'Sir' as a sign of respect, will have to be careful.

Yes, I am active duty air froce 11 years (flying for 7 of them) I default to yes sir as well. My apologies again.
  • brandonrf
    Options

There are no "good" or "bad" foods unless you have a medical condition or think something is nasty (like me and kale. Kale is bad.)

lol, thats true. I would rather waste the .3 oz of fruit, get a little of the flavor and trade the 18 grams of sugar that I threw out and eat some strawberries. The fructose and sugar listed in Oikos doesnt bother me so much as I would rather have them elsewhere in my MFP during my day. So the flavor is there when skimmed off the top of the yogurt cup but trash the gelatin like carrageenan that is the cup. Its moot now, I apparently dont listen to reason and need to change my ways. LOL
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options

I'm a woman.

Yes, I am active duty air froce 11 years (flying for 7 of them) I default to yes sir as well. My apologies again.

I accept your apology. I'm a United States Marine and we spent the first 3 months (and every year after that) drop kicked if we used Sir or Ma'am to the wrong gender.
  • lishie_rebooted
    Options

lol, thats true. I would rather waste the .3 oz of fruit, get a little of the flavor and trade the 18 grams of sugar that I threw out and eat some strawberries. The fructose and sugar listed in Oikos doesnt bother me so much as I would rather have them elsewhere in my MFP during my day. So the flavor is there when skimmed off the top of the yogurt cup but trash the gelatin like carrageenan that is the cup. Its moot now, I apparently dont listen to reason and need to change my ways. LOL

Plain yogurt, stevia, strawberries, and an egg masher
    MASH-0044.jpg

Makes more sense than what you're doing.
  • Fit_Housewife
    Fit_Housewife Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Well I guess I am alone on this one. As to the stevia comment. Absolutely. Stevia has changed my life. I dont have to hunger for something sweet anymore, I just mix up a glass of brewed iced tea and add stevia for a sweet fix.

Lol I kinda get it. My hubby likes the black cherry chobani, I try and stay away because I'm lactose intolerant and yogurt is hit or miss sometimes it bothers me other times it doesn't. Anyway sometimes I take one of his yogurts, but for me it's too sweet so I throw out most of the fruit out. Not sure how to count this but I just log the full yogurt. This is not something I do often so I doubt it's really affecting my numbers and I try to over estimate calories and sugar if there's a question.

I just heard they came out with pumpkin flavor, I'm obsessed with all things pumpkin, so I will have to try this one lol.
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    The fructose and sugar listed in Oikos doesnt bother me so much as I would rather have them elsewhere in my MFP during my day. So the flavor is there when skimmed off the top of the yogurt cup but trash the gelatin like carrageenan that is the cup. Its moot now, I apparently dont listen to reason and need to change my ways. LOL
    Well, I don't think you need to "change your ways", so much as shift your attitude. You seem kinda rigid in your thinking around food in general. Worrying about things like carrageenan, referring to "bad" foods, worrying about "hav[ing sugars] elsewhere in my MFP during my day", for example. You're majoring in the minors. If you're eating 5 oz. of actual yogurt, why not just log 5 oz. of plain Chobani/Oikos? Maybe if it makes you feel better, log a couple of teaspoons of sugar too. If you're not eating the whole thing, anything you log will just be an estimate anyway.

Unclench, and enjoy your yogurt.
  • brandonrf
    Options

Plain yogurt, stevia, strawberries, and an egg masher
    MASH-0044.jpg

Makes more sense than what you're doing.

No you all are right, dont have a thing to stand on other than just being lazy, which what I have worked so hard not to be. My wife has that exact egg masher beater thing pictures. haha.
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    Options
    I just heard they came out with pumpkin flavor, I'm obsessed with all things pumpkin, so I will have to try this one lol.

You better not be kidding right now....
  • brandonrf
    Options
    The fructose and sugar listed in Oikos doesnt bother me so much as I would rather have them elsewhere in my MFP during my day. So the flavor is there when skimmed off the top of the yogurt cup but trash the gelatin like carrageenan that is the cup. Its moot now, I apparently dont listen to reason and need to change my ways. LOL
    Well, I don't think you need to "change your ways", so much as shift your attitude. You seem kinda rigid in your thinking around food in general. Worrying about things like carrageenan, referring to "bad" foods, worrying about "hav[ing sugars] elsewhere in my MFP during my day", for example. You're majoring in the minors. If you're eating 5 oz. of actual yogurt, why not just log 5 oz. of plain Chobani/Oikos? Maybe if it makes you feel better, log a couple of teaspoons of sugar too. If you're not eating the whole thing, anything you log will just be an estimate anyway.

Unclench, and enjoy your yogurt.

noted and thank you for the very concise feedback.