lose belly fat

Options
2»

Replies

• BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    To lose belly fat, incorporate monounsaturated fatty acids into your diet..... nuts, avocadoes, olive oil, dark chocolate. Part of the "Flat Belly Diet" program and they work to release the fat in your belly.

No.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    To lose belly fat, incorporate monounsaturated fatty acids into your diet..... nuts, avocadoes, olive oil, dark chocolate. Part of the "Flat Belly Diet" program and they work to release the fat in your belly.

MUFA's are great to include the diet, but they don't target belly fat. They are good for metabolism and brain function. You can easily over do it eating MUFA's because they are very calorie dense. The flat belly diet helps reduce internal bloating, which makes you seem to be slimmer.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    Nothing "targets" belly fat. Cut calories, exercise and lose body fat. Eventually the belly fat will go away. Everyone loses fat differently. My belly fat and upper thigh fat were the last to go.
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Get a corset? There are some awesome ones from Corset Deal. Real steel boned and high quality. Very reasonably priced. I am long waisted and needed a long lined corset and they had many to choose from. You can get them from $35 and up...
    I only say this as a quick fix for the time you have. If you really want to loose that weight, you're going to need more time and a plan. This site is a great resource. :)
  • mccindy72
    Options
    You should avoid ALL drinks with carbonation and eat a low carb diet. Focus on protein and vegetables; the fiber will help you to move food through your digestive tract efficiently. Losing 10 pounds in four weeks is possible, but is really pushing it. Generally a healthy weight loss rate is two pounds per week. If you just walk a half hour a day you will find that you will have energy and your body will drop the weight you want to lose in time.

No. avoiding drinks with carbonation will avoid stomach bloating from gas, not have any effect on belly fat. eating low carb again may have some effect on bloat but only if she's gluten intolerant, and also may help with some water loss. Losing 2 lbs per week is pushing it if OP is close to goal weight. Walking 1/2 hour per day really won't do much unless OP is power walking and burning some pretty intense calories.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    You should avoid ALL drinks with carbonation and eat a low carb diet. Focus on protein and vegetables; the fiber will help you to move food through your digestive tract efficiently. Losing 10 pounds in four weeks is possible, but is really pushing it. Generally a healthy weight loss rate is two pounds per week. If you just walk a half hour a day you will find that you will have energy and your body will drop the weight you want to lose in time.

No. avoiding drinks with carbonation will avoid stomach bloating from gas, not have any effect on belly fat. eating low carb again may have some effect on bloat but only if she's gluten intolerant, and also may help with some water loss. Losing 2 lbs per week is pushing it if OP is close to goal weight. Walking 1/2 hour per day really won't do much unless OP is power walking and burning some pretty intense calories.
    Actually, MANY folks find that carbs lead to (some) water retention, not only those with gluten intolerance. So yes, going "low carb" would likely cause the person to "lose" water.
  • Twenty7d
    Twenty7d Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Try the 3day juice detox, basically you'll have a drink every two hours. The juices must be fresh blended mix of fruits and veges. I'd suggest you do this over a quiet weekend. Focused. You'll consume about 1800-2000 calories a day. You'll thank me for it. You can check some detox juices online and combine your own. I lovvve the carrot, orange, squeezed lemon, then add cup of spinach or green apple. Please note 3days. After that you'll have to slowly introduce solids.don't try blending spinach alone tastes bluggg . in between it should be water water or green tea herbal teas etc.
  • higgins8283801
    higgins8283801 Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    the first week I lost 4lbs and the 2nd week I lost 3. however, it was water. Now I have settled into a 1-1.4 pound loss a week. So yes, you could lose 10 pounds in 4 weeks but I doubt it will be fat. it will be water and you won't even see it on your body frame at all.
  • mccindy72
    Options

Actually, MANY folks find that carbs lead to (some) water retention, not only those with gluten intolerance. So yes, going "low carb" would likely cause the person to "lose" water.
    that is what I said.
  • mccindy72
    Options
    Try the 3day juice detox, basically you'll have a drink every two hours. The juices must be fresh blended mix of fruits and veges. I'd suggest you do this over a quiet weekend. Focused. You'll consume about 1800-2000 calories a day. You'll thank me for it. You can check some detox juices online and combine your own. I lovvve the carrot, orange, squeezed lemon, then add cup of spinach or green apple. Please note 3days. After that you'll have to slowly introduce solids.don't try blending spinach alone tastes bluggg . in between it should be water water or green tea herbal teas etc.

Juice cleanses and detoxes don't work.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options

that is what I said.
    Not how I understood it:
    may have some effect on bloat but only if she's gluten intolerant,
  • mccindy72
    Options

that is what I said.
    Not how I understood it:
    may have some effect on bloat but only if she's gluten intolerant,
    bloat as in gas, followed by and also may help with some water loss. Might want to read the whole thing.
  • JG762
    JG762 Posts: 571 Member
    Options

Let's math.............

OP is looking for 2.5 pound loss for 4 weeks. That's a 8,750 calorie deficit every week (2.5 x 3,500). Divide this by 7 and she needs a daily deficit of 1,250 calories.

At 4'11" female 110 pounds (let's assume 25 years old) her TDEE is 1,985 calories....this is with daily (intense) exercise. 1985 less 1,250 = 735.

If she can manage daily (intense) exercise on 735 calories....she can lose 2.5 pounds a week. Now, eating 735 calories a day for a month is incredibly unhealthy. She will not be eating enough for proper nutrition. Her body will be using lean muscle mass for fuel. This is more than "pushing" it....it's down right dangerous.

Maths is hard, Barbie told me so...:sad:

But this post is spot on. :drinker: