MFP runner's club May 20

Options
Mireille
Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
Good morning,

After a long night of both my daughters waking up every half hour, I was not able to go out for a run this morning. :yawn: :grumble: I'm going to take today off of exercising and go out tomorrow morning.
It's so freaking cold here, I'm reading to jump off a bridge!!

Hopefully you are all well rested and are able to get out and run your butts off.

Good day all!

Replies

• Mireille
    Options
    Good morning,

After a long night of both my daughters waking up every half hour, I was not able to go out for a run this morning. :yawn: :grumble: I'm going to take today off of exercising and go out tomorrow morning.
    It's so freaking cold here, I'm reading to jump off a bridge!!

Hopefully you are all well rested and are able to get out and run your butts off.

Good day all!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Bummer Mireille!! {{hugs}}

Girls have the flu?? :frown:
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear that Mirielle!! Hope you can get some rest today! besides you deserve a day of rest!

Good morning everyone!

Yesterday there were some really great posts that were related to running and fit well with the purpose of our club, I don't know if everyone got a chance to read them or not, so I have put the links below.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/13451-target-heart-rate

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/14258-runner-s-diet-companion-post-to-how-the-rich-get-thin

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/14259-question-about-running-speed

Have a great day!!
    Tricia :heart:
  • pmkelly409
    Options
    And as part of our mission to get everyone stretching post workout - please read this:

http://www.shape.com/workouts/7851
  • Shannon023
    Options
    And as part of our mission to get everyone stretching post workout - please read this:

Not the 'S' word??????? :noway: :noway:

Thanks Trish! The Runner's Diet was interesting. I think my problem is I don't eat enough carbs. I'm askeered of carbs. :tongue:
  • pmkelly409
    Options

Thanks Trish! The Runner's Diet was interesting. I think my problem is I don't eat enough carbs. I'm askeered of carbs. :tongue:

I know, I know, the nasty S word! :mad:

What is your schedule like today? It is raining AGAIN! :noway: so i guess i will have to stay inside AGAIN for my run...and start building my Ark.....

I was a carb-o-phob too, but I feel better now that I have a clear, concise list of what good carbs are....
  • Shannon023
    Options

What is your schedule like today? It is raining AGAIN! :noway: so i guess i will have to stay inside AGAIN for my run...and start building my Ark.....

I was a carb-o-phob too, but I feel better now that I have a clear, concise list of what good carbs are....

I did 4.5 miles last night, so tonight I'll do a cardio dvd.

I hate it when the weather dictates my workouts!! :explode: If there's no lightning, I'd just go out & run. I have my "Lt. Dan" moments when it comes to the weather. :laugh:
  • pmkelly409
    Options

I did 4.5 miles last night, so tonight I'll do a cardio dvd.

I hate it when the weather dictates my workouts!! :explode: If there's no lightning, I'd just go out & run. I have my "Lt. Dan" moments when it comes to the weather. :laugh:

I am a fair weather runner too, although after running that 5K in a heavy rain while it was 50 degrees and beating my own personal time, I don't know how I can make anymore excuses!!
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies,

I'm afraid i'm not going to be able to jog today :frown: My leg is hurting like hell. I'll do the elliptical instead. :grumble:
  • Shannon023
    Options

I am a fair weather runner too, although after running that 5K in a heavy rain while it was 50 degrees and beating my own personal time, I don't know how I can make anymore excuses!!

Oh, good for you! I'm running a 10k on Memorial Day & REALLY want to do it under 1 hour. {{crossing fingers}} The best I've run a 10k was 62 minutes. :ohwell:
  • Shannon023
    Options
    Morning ladies,

I'm afraid i'm not going to be able to jog today :frown: My leg is hurting like hell. I'll do the elliptical instead. :grumble:

Shins again??? :flowerforyou:
  • pam0206
    pam0206 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I'm gonna try to put in some time on my treadmill this afternoon. My little one was up at 5:00 this morning (I truly can sympathize M). I really wanted to just go on and work out then, but my treadmill wakes my other daughter and it was pouring rain here, too. Oh well. Best laid plans and all that.

Love that you guys hold me so accountable. Happy Trails everybody!:flowerforyou:
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Good morning beautiful ladies!!!

I just got done with my 2 miles.
    I had to walk a few minutes b/c I got so into the songs in my mp3 and forgot to breathe correctly:laugh:

Anywho... I will try to do another mile tonight.
    Boy am I sweaty and I love it!!!!! :tongue:

RUN GIRLS... RUN!!!!!!

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • Mireille
    Options
    My oldest was vomiting again and my youngest just has a really bad cough and cold. They both spent the night crying. I wanted to cry too! :sad: It's very difficult to exercise when you haven't slept.
    Unfortunately, I'm eating a hell of a lot more than I should today. This is turning out to be a cheat day. lol When I'm tired, all I want to do is eat. Not sure why.

Life happens and I'll just get back on the wagon tomorrow. I'm not going to sweat it or feel guilty about it. I know I'll be back to myself after a good nights sleep tonight.

I'm so happy for all of you who do get to exercise today. You gals are rocking!!
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    My oldest was vomiting again and my youngest just has a really bad cough and cold. They both spent the night crying. I wanted to cry too! :sad: It's very difficult to exercise when you haven't slept.
    Unfortunately, I'm eating a hell of a lot more than I should today. This is turning out to be a cheat day. lol When I'm tired, all I want to do is eat. Not sure why.

Life happens and I'll just get back on the wagon tomorrow. I'm not going to sweat it or feel guilty about it. I know I'll be back to myself after a good nights sleep tonight.

I'm so happy for all of you who do get to exercise today. You gals are rocking!!
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    Aw... I hope they feel better very soon :ohwell:
    It sucks when the kids are sick.
    My 2 girls had pink eye at the same time then a week after that, they both had the flu and then hubby got it. It was horrible!!!

Get well, get well soon, we wish you to get well!

• Shannon023
    Options
    Good morning beautiful ladies!!!

I just got done with my 2 miles.
    I had to walk a few minutes b/c I got so into the songs in my mp3 and forgot to breathe correctly:laugh:

Anywho... I will try to do another mile tonight.
    Boy am I sweaty and I love it!!!!! :tongue:

RUN GIRLS... RUN!!!!!!

Whoops!! :laugh:

I gotta switch out some song out of my mp3. I have too many sleepers on there. I LOVE Sinatra, but "Strangers in the Night" is not exactly a *kitten*-kicker when running! :embarassed:
  • kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    Good morning

My heart goes out to everyone who has a sick little one. Hope all the kiddos get better soon.

Today is my rest/xt(cross training) day. Since I am painting my office today, I am going to skip my weight training. Rolling on paint is a work out for me!

Enjoy the day
    -Kechie.
  • julie737
    julie737 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Hello all!

Sorry to hear about the sick kids. That's hard on everyone in the family!

In other good news, I just wanted to say that I set a pace PR today. I ran about 3.5 miles at a 9.14 mph pace. That's fast for me. :embarassed: But I'm getting faster and hope to improve it more this summer!

Hope all goes well today!

Julie:flowerforyou:
  • Mireille
    Options
    Hello all!

In other good news, I just wanted to say that I set a pace PR today. I ran about 3.5 miles at a 9.14 mph pace. That's fast for me. :embarassed: But I'm getting faster and hope to improve it more this summer!

Holy crap, that is super awesome! I can't wait to get out there tomorrow!

Great job Julie!!

Mireille
  • pmkelly409
    Options
    Hello all!

WOW!! that is great!!!! That is serious barf and wheeze zone for me - I want to be just like you when I grow up!! :laugh: