MFP runner's club May 20

Options
2»

Replies

• pam0206
    pam0206 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    WHEW! I just finished 4m. Off to a nice hot shower.

Mireille, hope your little ones are doing better by now.:flowerforyou:
  • julie737
    julie737 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    You make me laugh! :laugh: :laugh:
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Look!!! not blocked yet!!! Pesky Corporate IT people - curse you!!! :explode: :explode: :explode:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Look!!! not blocked yet!!! Pesky Corporate IT people - curse you!!! :explode: :explode: :explode:

Fight the force, Trish!!!! You can do it!!!!!! :drinker:
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    I realized that I didnt log yeasterday. I just lifted a little I was so sick feeling from a little bit of poor eating and stress from work that I seriously thought that if I ran I would get sick. But today is a new day!!! I printed out a training schedule from runners world to get my butt more in gear. I am looking at a moderate for now training pace for a half marathon, so I know I can do this!!!! Its a great Idea for anyone who needs to see it on paper It is laid out for you plain as day and its a great thing!!!! I am gonna go for my daily run in about a half hour!!!!! I will check back in briefly
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    ok as promised here is my update. I did my scheduled two miler. I am gonna switch around my schedule so I can do my temp run tommorrow cause thurs just wont work cause I have a party to cook for at work, and by the time I get out I will be in no shape for a five mile run. I did a tiny bit faster than my recommended 11:40 pace, but for some reason after a stressful 6 days and more so a hugely aggravating two days(the past two days have been horrible feels like I am moving in slow mo) but for some reason something clicked inside of me and I just booked. I liked the feeling afterwards. I would have been done sooner but I did my part as a good citizen, when I saw the mail keys lying right by the mailbox so I took them into the post office. That was my patriotic duty for the day, even though it cut into my run.....but tommorrow I am gonna try the riverfront trail for a change, and see how that pans out for me. I hope everyone had a successful running day as well!!!!
  • Shannon023
    Options
    ok as promised here is my update. I did my scheduled two miler. I am gonna switch around my schedule so I can do my temp run tommorrow cause thurs just wont work cause I have a party to cook for at work, and by the time I get out I will be in no shape for a five mile run. I did a tiny bit faster than my recommended 11:40 pace, but for some reason after a stressful 6 days and more so a hugely aggravating two days(the past two days have been horrible feels like I am moving in slow mo) but for some reason something clicked inside of me and I just booked. I liked the feeling afterwards. I would have been done sooner but I did my part as a good citizen, when I saw the mail keys lying right by the mailbox so I took them into the post office. That was my patriotic duty for the day, even though it cut into my run.....but tommorrow I am gonna try the riverfront trail for a change, and see how that pans out for me. I hope everyone had a successful running day as well!!!!

Nothing like a good run to aliviate stress! Good job! :flowerforyou:
  • mkeithley
    mkeithley Posts: 399
    Options
    I posted a reply to topic yesterday and it isn't on there for some reason-who knows, yesterday was a shyte day anyway:laugh:
    I biked again today, biked to work and back 3 times. Loving the biking. Have to run long tomorrow since no runny run run today. :bigsmile:
  • Shannon023
    Options
    I posted a reply to topic yesterday and it isn't on there for some reason-who knows, yesterday was a shyte day anyway:laugh:
    I biked again today, biked to work and back 3 times. Loving the biking. Have to run long tomorrow since no runny run run today. :bigsmile:

Niiiice!! How far is work???
  • pmkelly409
    Options

Okay, hate to tell you this, but you posted your reply on the wrong day. you and one other member did this....goes hand in hand with your shyte day right!! I remember it was about your drive from one end of the state to the other, right!??!
  • Shannon023
    Options

Okay, hate to tell you this, but you posted your reply on the wrong day. you and one other member did this....

Curtsies polietly.... :blushing:
  • mkeithley
    Options

Okay, hate to tell you this, but you posted your reply on the wrong day. you and one other member did this....goes hand in hand with your shyte day right!! I remember it was about your drive from one end of the state to the other, right!??!
    LMAO!!!!
    Figures. :tongue:
    Just read the non smiling jogger story you posted. I personally don't smile at people I pass on the trails b/c I'm afraid it might initiate a conversation and I've got the ipod going and I don't want to stop and screw up my pace, etc
    And if they have dogs, well I just pray they won't bark at me or jump up on me:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: , I don't think I could outrun a dog:laugh:
  • pmkelly409
    Options

Okay, hate to tell you this, but you posted your reply on the wrong day. you and one other member did this....

Hey cutie, I was not going to throw you under the bus! I got your back if you wanted to remain anon!! :heart:

nice picture!! :flowerforyou:
  • pmkelly409
    Options

LMAO!!!!
    Just read the non smiling jogger story you posted. I personally don't smile at people I pass on the trails b/c I'm afraid it might initiate a conversation and I've got the ipod going and I don't want to stop and screw up my pace, etc
    And if they have dogs, well I just pray they won't bark at me or jump up on me:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: , I don't think I could outrun a dog:laugh:

they are all potential murderers and rapists right!!! I am completely paranoid which is why I run indoors alot!! :laugh: :laugh:

I HATE RABID DOGS TOO!!! Keep them chained up or behind the fence please people!! There is one in my neighborhood - everyone carries a stick when they run on the block. :explode:
  • pmkelly409
    Options
    OH P.S. Going for my 4 mile run now - did I wait long enough or what!?!?!?!
  • Shannon023
    Options

Hey cutie, I was not going to throw you under the bus! I got your back if you wanted to remain anon!! :heart:

nice picture!! :flowerforyou:

Throw me baybee!! I've got tough skin & big shoulders*. :blushing:

Unless it's that TOM then all bets are off. :bigsmile:
  • Shannon023
    Options

LMAO!!!!

they are all potential murderers and rapists right!!! I am completely paranoid which is why I run indoors alot!! :laugh: :laugh:

I HATE RABID DOGS TOO!!! Keep them chained up or behind the fence please people!! There is one in my neighborhood - everyone carries a stick when they run on the block. :explode:

Oh!!! I'm gonna start a new topic about that!! Dogs & rude/scary people when running!!

WTH???? :explode:
  • mkeithley
    Options

I quit running at night because on my way back home I couldn't see the shadows of the possible would be abductor sneaking up behind me-Talk about paranoid:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • kerikitkat
    kerikitkat Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Ran 20 minutes straight, walked 6, ran 10 more, then walked to cool down.

Wooot!!! :happy: