Chobani Simply 100 greek yogurt is amazing!

Options

Replies

• jacilucy
    Options
    I was a Chobani fan until I discovered Siggi's Skyr... a high-protein triple-strained Icelandic yogurt. Low sugar... awesome flavors in addition to the usual (Strawberry-Basil, Orange-Ginger)... and you can see and taste the vanilla flecks in their vanilla.... it's even thicker than Greek and IMO more satisfying...

Siggi's is awesome! I love the vanilla, strawberry and even the plain is outstanding
  • softblondechick
    softblondechick Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    I like the passion fruit too.

There is a small local dairy that makes Greek Yogurt, Kalispell Creamery. That stuff is to die for.

I prefer plain yogurt, and make a parfait with berries, or bananas, and top it with Qia, made from chia seeds. It adds extra calories, but I don't even think about lunch after that for breakfast. Just an apple is fine.
  • djbrink21
    djbrink21 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I'm with you. I have a plain one every morning with my breakfast. Guys at work say not to talk to me until I've had my yogurt in the morning (I guess that's just my coffee). Haha!

Funniest part is when I eat it on the weekends and my wife tells me that it smells like (and I quote) "rotting death." Hehe.
  • Markdjones83
    Markdjones83 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    FYI the 100 does have sucralose I believe
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Only natural ingredients, so no.
  • ekat120
    ekat120 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    From the Chobani website (for key lime):
    Nonfat Yogurt (Cultured Pasteurized Nonfat Milk, Live and Active Cultures: S. Thermophilus, L. Bulgaricus, L. Acidophilus, Bifidus and L. Casei), Water, Chicory Root Fiber, Evaporated Cane Juice, Key Lime Puree, Natural Flavors, Key Lime Juice Concentrate, Key Lime Peel, Locust Bean Gum, Pectin, Monk Fruit Extract, Fruit Juice Concentrate and Turmeric (For Color), Stevia Leaf Extract.

So it does have non-caloric (though "natural") sweetener in the form of stevia, which people may or may not want to avoid for various reasons.

The Siggi's flavors sound amazing! Going to have to try to find it around here.
  • LoneWolfRunner
    LoneWolfRunner Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    I know that Whole Foods carries Siggi's... and recently Giant Eagle here in western PA has started carrying it... maybe check out their website...
  • ekat120
    ekat120 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I know that Whole Foods carries Siggi's... and recently Giant Eagle here in western PA has started carrying it... maybe check out their website...

Thanks! Looks like the Whole Foods near me carries it. I also saw on the website that they have spiced pear, which sounds amazing. Loving the short ingredients list, too.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    swited to Cabot- now I can barely eat Chowbani b/c it smells so bad to me .

:ohwell:

makes me sad b/c it's much easier to find and it's typically less expensive.
  • bigsistruck
    bigsistruck Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I've tried Chobani twice and wasn't impressed either time. I stick with Dannon Light N Fit Greek yogurt. I also knew someone that got really sick from that Chobani recall as well, so maybe that sways my opinion a bit!
  • bellaa_x0
    bellaa_x0 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    i loved chobani, but switched to fage.. more protein. i do have two of the chobani flips in the fridge though..
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    Options
    We don't have Chobani in Canada but I'm vacationing in the US right now and had a Chobani Pumpkin Spice at breakfast this morning. OMG!!! I think I'm going to use up all of my cross-border shopping allotment to import this stuff! So good!
  • Ciara108
    Ciara108 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    This sounds really good!
    Does any one know how much it costs and what countries it's available in(specifically Ireland)?
  • Francl27
    Options
    i loved chobani, but switched to fage.. more protein. i do have two of the chobani flips in the fridge though..

My favorites are the Fage Fruyo but they're like $1.69 a cup and I'm cheap!
  • Jim_Barteck
    Jim_Barteck Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    The Dannon Light & Fit Strawberry Cheesecake Greek yogurt is the best to me. At only 80 calories, it more than satisfies the sweet tooth. Mixed with chia seeds, it's a whole lot of nutrition in a very small package.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    We don't have Chobani in Canada but I'm vacationing in the US right now and had a Chobani Pumpkin Spice at breakfast this morning. OMG!!! I think I'm going to use up all of my cross-border shopping allotment to import this stuff! So good!

Anxious to try this, I like Chobani..........I tried a Yoplait Light pumpkin pie last year....not real impressed.

Do you have a Target up north?

Target has a store brand called Simply Balanced. The 2 new flavors I saw.....Carrot cake with cream cheese frosting & chocolate with coconut. These are small blue containers in a 4-pack (like 3.5 oz). The carrot cake one was really good. Now I have to buy the chocolate one.
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    Options

Anxious to try this, I like Chobani..........I tried a Yoplait Light pumpkin pie last year....not real impressed.

Target has a store brand called Simply Balanced. The 2 new flavors I saw.....Carrot cake with cream cheese frosting & chocolate with coconut. These are small blue containers in a 4-pack (like 3.5 oz). The carrot cake one was really good. Now I have to buy the chocolate one.
    We do have Target for now (they're quite new in the market and not doing well here) so I will try that thanks!
  • Francl27
    Options

Ok I'll have to look for those, I don't remember seeing them at mine though... What are the calories and protein on those? I try to avoid stuff with artificial sweeteners, I just can't get over the aftertaste (I keep trying the light and fit... but nope).
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options

Ok I'll have to look for those, I don't remember seeing them at mine though... What are the calories and protein on those? I try to avoid stuff with artificial sweeteners, I just can't get over the aftertaste (I keep trying the light and fit... but nope).

The 5.3 oz. size (just typical flavors: raspberry, blueberry, etc) is 110 calories and 12 grams of protein.

The 3.5 oz size ....carrot cake, etc (I'll have to verify later) but I believe it's 90 calories and 9 or 10 grams of protein. I don't think there is artificial sugar....it's not very sweet. If you take the first bite expecting the sweetness of cream cheese frosting you'll be disappointed. But it really does taste like carrot cake.

I'll verify later & post back.............
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Noooo!

Unfortunately I bought 5 of these without looking at the label. These have added chicory root extract (which makes me really gassy).

I'll stick with regular Chobani.

Thanks for putting this! A friend has had horrific stomach pains as a result of this, and it makes me a Fart McFartypants, too.