I already have a mommy and don't need MFP to be it!

Options

Replies

• Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    This s**t again?
  • lessismoreohio
    lessismoreohio Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Definitely not worth a second thought.................. it's only a computer generated message that is valuable to the vast majority of users.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Yeah!
  • UsernameisNick
    Options
    If you can't ignore the message I'd suggest using a spreadsheet program to record your daily totals.
  • Chezzie84
    Chezzie84 Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Its been over 12 hours and the OP has not responded once...
    Anyone else smell a troll??

That or OP just got shut down by the comments.

OP, it's a free website. Get over it.

Maybe... But if I felt that strongly about something I posted it in the forum I would defend it.
  • JennyJiggle
    JennyJiggle Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    qudam63.jpg?1
  • chadya07
    chadya07 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    considering how many people are on here with eating disorders, known or unknown to themselves, and how many are in danger of developing them due to ignorance or impatience or whatever,,,, i say, please, MFP, tell people when you think they should be eating more. they wont listen though. they will probably just complain that they know better and nobody should tell them what to do.
  • marquishagetaka
    Options
    LOL
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Why is the OP such a whingy whiny angry thing?
  • bemclaren
    Options
    Be a little more critical in your thinking. Overly restrictive diets usually lead to binging in folks that already have very poor eating habits. Further, unless you are being carefully followed by a dietician, you are placing your long term health at risk.

Read the research that is out there. It should not be called yo-yo effects. The yo-yo doesn't usually progress in a long uphill trend as many dieters' weights does.

Long term weight gain should be dealt with expecting a long term change in nutrition and exercise habits that are permanent changes.

Be happy every day you wake up. You can be angry when you are dead. :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • SrMaggalicious
    SrMaggalicious Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    i had a doctor put me on an 800 calorie per day diet. as it turned out, my doctor didn't know *BLEEP* about nutrition.
    If you have legitimately been placed on a diet by a doctor that is below the 1000 mark, you're very much the exception to the rule.

Most doctors don't. Next time you visit one, ask him/her how much schooling in nutrition/dietetics they were required to complete for their degree. It would be hilarious, how little it is, if it weren't so awful.

^^^This.!!!..I work w/Harvard docs on a daily basis...Nutrition is an 'elective' course in school for ONE class and most do not even take it...they will take something else geared toward their specialty interest. Don't trust a doctor regarding DETAILED nutrition...you need someone that's more educated on the subject.

I get that notice in bold red on my alternate fasting days...MFP isn't geared for Intermittent Fasting, nor Alternate day fasting...

Like others said, don't be so hangry...go eat something.
  • CariJean64
    CariJean64 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Ok, maybe we've all been baited by a troll, but here's another solution.

Just do a Quick Add of 500-1,000 calories every day, and mentally remember what the difference is, if you insist that being below 1200 is right for you.

No more message!! "Mommy" is happy, you're happy. Life is good again.
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    Not this again.:yawn: :yawn: :yawn: get over yourself.It's a free app, if you don't like it don't use it.

My sentiments too.
  • CorrieLA
    CorrieLA Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I like the messages! They make me think there's a little robot in my phone that really cares about my well-being! :love:

e1dc6154b80cb0b8131399d49a9142e5faae45246e40f320857523fcbb5c6b7c5g.jpg
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,082 Member
    Options
    Its been over 12 hours and the OP has not responded once...
    Anyone else smell a troll??

That or OP just got shut down by the comments.

OP, it's a free website. Get over it.

Maybe... But if I felt that strongly about something I posted it in the forum I would defend it.

A tad off topic- but I think people are far too quick to assume anybody who posts anything 'unusual' is a troll - OP has over 200 posts, this is hardly a fly by night trolling post.

Yes I would defend something if I felt strongly about it too - but if it was just a vent about something I found annoying and then I realsied everybody else didnt share my annoyance, I would just let it go.

Why does OP have to respond at this point?
    There is nothing really else to say, is there?
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    All that resentment over a free app is burning so many calories you're likely netting too low. It already took those into account.
  • rockybrat71
    Options
    Judging by all the anti doctor comments looks like some folks need new doctors. I guess we can't all have a 7 time Ironman for a doctor :-)
  • sarahsedai
    sarahsedai Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    it's not as though MFP restricts any functions for you just because you completed your diary at below what they consider healthy intake (other than the projected weight loss, which is a rough estimate and shouldn't be taken to heart anyway). if you spend any time on the forums, which it seems you do - you'll hear that same information plenty, anyway.
  • ASH2038602
    ASH2038602 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Yeah! I also find it in infuriating when Yahoo tells me my password isn't secure enough!
  • chadya07
    chadya07 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    maybe all the anger is because it makes people have to look at things they are trying to deny...