10 day detox

Options
Hi guys

I need some tips and advice on the best detox diet, or things to eat drink etc to help me cleanse and lose weight in the next 10 days.
I researched Beyonce's lemon cleanse but living of lemon juice for 10 days isn't for, not is smoothies.

Any advice would be great.

Thanks

Replies

• GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Don't do it, not necessary. Your body cleanses itself all on it's own.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1159755-looking-for-a-detox-cleanse
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    No
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    I have a 365 day detox because my kidneys liver and bowel all work normally
  • kazz1976
    kazz1976 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    There's always smart arses on here isn't there .. If no one has nothing constructive to say please don't post in my topic

Thanks
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    There's always smart people on here isn't there .. If no one has nothing constructive to say please don't post in my topic

Thanks

Just because you don't like what we said doesn't mean it was not constructive. Read the link I gave to you please.
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    There's always smart people on here isn't there .. If no one has nothing constructive to say please don't post in my topic

Thanks

How is advising people not to harm themselves NOT constructive.
  • abadvat
    abadvat Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    Some people actually have posted constructive things on your topic - it is however not what you want to hear.
    If you think you know best then don't post topics that can be answered with different ways.

Several organs of your body are used on a daily basis to cleanse / detox impurity out of your body.
    Losing weight fast in 10 days? Several / many ways available most of them unhealthy with 2 draw backs - beside being un-ealthy you will pile all the weight back within 24 hours of breaking the diet.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Anyone who comes in here to give you a 'detox' is unhelpful. You've been given nothing but useful advice. Don't detox. It is a stupid gimmick.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    There's always smart arses on here isn't there .. If no one has nothing constructive to say please don't post in my topic

Thanks
    Well here's something constructive 'Don't waste your money there a bunch of nonsense. If you have money you want to get rid of give it to charity at least it will go to something that works
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options

Thanks

You're mixing up "being supportive" and "telling you what you want to hear". You came here asking for some support and have been given that.

The fact of the matter is that detoxes and cleanses are totally unnecessary. People aren't going to tell you which cleanse is the best to use because none of them are any good. I'm not sure what you want at this point.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    Just NO.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/the-detox-scam-how-to-spot-it-and-how-to-avoid-it/
    The reality is that our bodies are constantly being exposed to a huge variety of natural and synthetic chemicals. The presence of any chemical in the body, (natural or synthetic) does not mean that it is doing harm. Many naturally-derived substances can be exceptionally toxic, and consequently the human body has evolved a remarkable system of defenses and mechanisms to defend against, and remove unwanted substances. The skin, kidneys, lymphatic system, our gastrointestinal system, and most importantly, the liver make up our astoundingly complex and sophisticated intrinsic detoxification system. Importantly, the dose makes the poison – even water can be toxic (dilutional hyponatremia) when consumed in excessive amounts.

Advocates for detox typically describe the liver and kidney as acting like filters, where toxins are physically captured and retained. It’s argued that these organs to be cleaned out periodically, like you’d rinse out a sponge, or change the air filter in your car. But the reality is the kidney and liver don’t work this way. The liver performs a series of chemical reactions to convert toxic substances into ones that can be eliminated in bile, or the kidneys. The liver is self-cleansing – toxins don’t accumulate in it, and unless you have documented liver disease, it generally functions without any problem. The kidney excretes waste products into the urine – otherwise the substance stays in the blood. To argue that either organ need a “cleanse” is to demonstrate a profound ignorance of human physiology, metabolism, and toxicology.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Don't do it, not necessary. Your body cleanses itself all on it's own.

^This wasn't a smart *kitten* answer, and the link has a lot of really good information.

Sorry it's not what you want to hear OP, but you're not going to find miracles on the MFP forum. Just a lot of people encouraging hard work, patience, and time.
  • TheNewPriceIsLoading
    TheNewPriceIsLoading Posts: 2,135 Member
    Options

Thanks

And you don't like it when people hand you the truth, not the miracle weight loss thing to lose 8lbs in 10 days. Sorry, but I believe MFP is more about being healthy, than not.. As the Mod said, unless you are planning to wrestle or some other weight class sport in 10 days, don't worry about it!

I have been plateaued for 6 months because 1. my new job has me behind a desk and 2. I didn't change my eating habits terribly when the change happened.. Guess what HAS helped me have some success? Moving more. I am taking the stairs up 10 flights of stairs (5 floors) without stopping, and since I can, I am walking around the inside of my facility at a moderate pace for about 20-30minutes at a time. I am also now having a Muscle Milk shake (1 scoop) for breakfast, and having a 1 scoop Muscle Milk shake with a normal lunch. 155 calories at each meal for the MM, and my logging has gotten more level, because the 'quick and easy foods' out there you grab in the morning, HIGH in calories. As a result of my changes, I have lost 6lbs in 10 days. That work for you?

If you don't want truth, don't seek it. People are here to help, be receptive to other ideas than the one you want.
  • bethanyboomstick
    bethanyboomstick Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    There's a post pinned to the top of this forum about why cleanses are pointless. You had to have seen it.

• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Oh boy... :yawn:
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options

Thanks

This isn't YOUR topic. You don't pay for the domain name or servers associated.
  • ashleeei
    Options
    While I could be wrong of the OP intentions...I don’t think she necessarily wants to starve herself and drink lemon juice with cayenne pepper!

I too am wondering what I can do for a "cleanse" but I don't necessarily mean starving and drinking only liquids or other BS like that… I am more thinking cutting out things like meat, dairy, and grains for 10 days.

OP I think you should look into the whole30.com

http://whole30.com/step-two/

Its 30 days of eating clean WHOLE foods. You do not consume added sugar of any kind, real or artificial, no alcohol in any form, not even for cooking, no grains, no legumes, no dairy.