Morbidly Obese and looking for support and help

Options
124»

Replies

• lewispwest
    lewispwest Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Really happy for you Stacey, good luck on your journey!
  • wubbykid
    wubbykid Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'm over 300 pounds so I hear you! :.exhales:.
  • firststepformefal
    firststepformefal Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    You know what? Most people are too involved with what is going on with their own lives to be bothered about anyone else's. I have over 100 lbs. to lose. I am taking it slow and steady, as I have back and knee injuries. My best exercise is walking the dogs. It is something I have to do everyday, and I enjoy it. Make sure you record your food and water. This record is for you. If you cheat on it, you are only cheating yourself.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I am starting by walking, flat walks first so that it doesn't strain on my hips as much, as well as the food intake.
    I am scared.. does that make sense? I am scared people with poke fun at me, I am scared that I am so used to the person that I am that I will not like the person whom I am going to change into....

I get it. It's scary. But for me, the results have been worth it! They will be for you, too.
  • pimsw123
    Options
    I am obese as well. I have lost a bit of weight over the last few months. Managed to move from morbidly obese to obese. The tip that helped me the most was to not buy stuff that you're not supposed to eat. For e.g. If you decide to cut back on fizzy drinks, ban them from your shopping list. That way when you have a craving for them, you don't have easy access. You'll save thousands of calories this way. All the best!
  • Equilibrium
    Equilibrium Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I understand how hard it is to put yourself into situations where you might get spoken to unkindly. It's hard. But you're worth it! Anyone who would make snide comments to you is speaking out of their own pain/struggles/ignorance, and has nothing to do with you and your life.

You've made a wonderful start. There's so much good advice here. My advice to you is just to keep going -- it's so easy just to 'take a break' and then, if you're like me, you've erased the progress that you've made. So just keep going. If you have a bad day, that's ok, but get back on the wagon tomorrow.

BTW, I'm on a 10 day streak of tracking my food. If you have a few minutes, you might enjoy this article about the comedian Jerry Seinfeld and how he keeps himself motivated to write every day. It's part of the reason I feel that I need to keep tracking, even if I have a bad day. http://www.writersstore.com/dont-break-the-chain-jerry-seinfeld/