For the boys.... Insult? or Compliment?

Options
2»

Replies

• camaris
    camaris Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    People used to say that to my husband. How did he get you? And my mom said, seriously? you could have anyone you wanted, but you chose HIM? (he didn't hear her, but still) I find it odd that men take it differently than a woman would. Most women if someone said "How did she get you?" (meaning he was the more attractive one) as a woman, I would develop a complex about it.

Other guys saying that is generally meant as a compliment...as people have pointed out, guys tend to compliment indirectly.

But, I don't know the context or tone your mother used....but to me I would take that a lot worse than my mates saying "How did you score HER!"

Double standards I know :-P But, however we pretend otherwise, men and women are different
  • johnj29
    Options
    If a friend says that then it is an insult(jokingly) and a compliment.
  • MrsBehaving
    MrsBehaving Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Being in a Beauty and the Beast marriage (with me being the beast) , I have been in that position before and without a doubt, it was each time a huge compliment.

Just smile and say, "Funny, I thought I was getting the better end of the deal"

Good job on the 24 pound loss to date!

Of all the answers, I like this one best. And I also love the come back! :smooched:
  • MrsBehaving
    MrsBehaving Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I have to say too, that my hubbs has gotten this comment said to him and he eats it right up, he loves it. I think it makes them feel like "Yeah! See how good I am?"
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!