How to get my butt to the gym?

Options
124»

Replies

• JG762
    JG762 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    It's quite simple just don't let yourself make excuses. That's it.

This ^^^.
    It comes down to the question "How bad do you want it?". I go to the gym 6 days a week sometimes more. I do it because my happiness is worth the effort.
    I'm walking out the door heading to the gym right now.
  • LifeNewandImproved
    Options
    I couldn't do it either so I hired a PT to come to my house Monday AM once per week. She only charges $35/wk (negotiated down from $50). Found her on Craigslist. Then she gives me workouts to do the rest of the week. When I know she's going to be here at 8:30 AM on Monday I get my act together no matter what I feel like.
  • CipherZero
    CipherZero Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    What's your best method for actually GOING to the gym 3-4 times a week

I suggest starting by going to the gym.

I've never understood this question. If your routine says you do lifting Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday, you go to the gym on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Something ive been pondering.

Make sure you find a nice gym.
    Think you have to be focused on why you want to go, it helps if you work hard enough to see some benefits or understand why you are there. Its as much about health as weight.
    Try and maintain good habits.
    Go with a friend.

The final way is one im wrestling with at the moment. Is ease of acces, closeness of the gym the most importnat factor, especially when its raining or miserable.
  • kaseyr1505
    kaseyr1505 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I just go.

Excuses don't burn calories, working out does. Excuses won't give me what I want. My workouts will. In a month, I'll regret making all those excuses, but I won't regret that run, or hour at the gym.

I want to look sexy more than I want to make excuses.
  • juliaky84
    juliaky84 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    That's interesting, since many, many people ask for help with the same thing on this website.
    What's your best method for actually GOING to the gym 3-4 times a week

I suggest starting by going to the gym.

I've never understood this question. If your routine says you do lifting Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday, you go to the gym on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday.
  • juliaky84
    juliaky84 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I think they're lying around here somewhere...
    Put your big girl panties on and do it. Personally, I do sleep in workout clothes. It helps 9 times out of 10.
  • Tanie98
    Tanie98 Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    It's quite simple just don't let yourself make excuses. That's it.

This:flowerforyou: