How to Lose Weight Fast: A Proven 3-Step Plan That Works

Options

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,395 MFP Moderator
    Options
    You'll have a tough audience here, but I generally agree with what you wrote. Cutting out the filler carbs is a great way to go to when it comes to losing weight I've found, as for most of us I suspect we gained our weight through eating too much carbs, and probably too much carbs of the wrong sort, ie the simple, non-complex kind.

It's quite difficult to overeat on protein, and reasonable levels of fats from unprocessed foods, as mostly our bodies let us know quickly when we've had too much and we simply can't eat more unless we force ourselves often. Not so with carbs I've found, even the complex kind too, where your body takes a while to realise its full, thus the whole 'wait 20 mins after you've eaten' to see if you're full, I suspect.

Anyway, in my limited experience (last 10 weeks or so), I've found lower carb simply works, and a great tool to have for weight loss if needed. Moreover, I think we've probably always known this too, or at least previous generations did, where people would watch the excessively starchy and sugary stuff to 'maintain their figure'.

It actually pretty easy to overeat on proteins and fats if you eat the caloric dense ones.
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    no.

NO.

:explode: :mad: :angry: no.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    I'm still waiting to laugh at step 2 and 3. Where they at OP?
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    No... just no.

Big-Bang-Theory-Sheldon-No-GIF.gif

this ^^

Always this...
  • cosmiqrust
    cosmiqrust Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    smh.gif
  • Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Seriously what are you bringing to the table with you "No" and "^This" ???....absolutely nothing.

She's referring to forcing the body into a ketosis
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ketosis

Do some reading before you just come in with a "No" or "wrong", hope you negative *kitten* people have made yourself feel a wee bit better with your negative comments.
  • srslybritt
    srslybritt Posts: 1,618 Member
    Options
    Hell will freeze over before I take this advice.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    Hell will freeze over before I take this advice.

And also this.
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    There are many ways to lose a lot of weight in a short amount of time.

However, most of them require you to be hungry and unsatisfied.

If you don’t have iron willpower, then hunger will cause you to give up on these plans quickly.

The 3-step plan outlined here will:

Kill your appetite.
    Make you lose weight fast, without being hungry.
    Improve your health at the same time.

Step 1 – Eliminate Sugars and Starches
    The most important part is to remove sugars and starches (carbs) from your diet.

These are the foods that stimulate secretion of insulin the most. If you didn’t know already, insulin is the main fat storage hormone in the body.

When insulin goes down, fat has an easier time getting out of the fat stores and the body starts burning fats instead of carbs.

Another benefit of lowering insulin is that your kidneys shed excess sodium and water out of your body, which reduces bloat and unnecessary water weight (1, 2).

It is not uncommon to lose up to 10 pounds (sometimes more) in the first week of eating this way, both body fat and water weight.

This is a graph from a study comparing low-carb and low-fat diets in overweight/obese women (3).
    The low-carb group is eating until fullness, while the low-fat group is calorie restricted and hungry.

Cut the carbs, lower your insulin and you will start to eat less calories automatically and without hunger (4).

Put simply, lowering your insulin puts fat loss on “autopilot.”

Where's the graph? I was dying to see it.

tx-magnate-ross-perot-with-ar-state-employment-record-chart-attacking-candidate-bill-clinton.jpg
  • paulawatkins1974
    paulawatkins1974 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    uh oh,...Here we go.
  • greengoddess0123
    greengoddess0123 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Seriously what are you bringing to the table with you "No" and "^This" ???....absolutely nothing.

Do some reading before you just come in with a "No" or "wrong", hope you negative *kitten* people have made yourself feel a wee bit better with your negative comments.

No.
  • paulawatkins1974
    paulawatkins1974 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    It's always people who just joined!
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    no.

NO.

:explode: :mad: :angry: no.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options

No, wrong
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options

No.
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    And the other two steps in this three step plan are?
  • greengoddess0123
    greengoddess0123 Posts: 417 Member
    Options

I'm thinking the other 2 steps have to be:

2. Forget step 1, haha!
    3. Eat at a deficit.

Not sure what they could be otherwise.
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options

jennifer-lawrence.gif
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options

I'm thinking the other 2 steps have to be:

2. Forget step 1, haha!
    3. Eat at a deficit.

Not sure what they could be otherwise.

It's possible that they are

Step 2: ?????
    Step 3: Profit!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Aside from being completely inaccurate about how keto diets, insulin, and fat loss actually works... what happened to the other 3 steps?
This discussion has been closed.