25 Things People in Happy Relationships DON'T Do

Options
2»

Replies

• BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Relationships are made up of two individual people. There is the couple/relationship, and the individuals with their own lives/personalities/issues (strengths and challenges).
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    pharrell-williams-hat-auction-charity.gif
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    How many years has this person been married?

3 weeks. I think I failed on half of these by week 4.

Apparently they've never had to deal with their husband urinating in the parking lot of their office building.
  • KingaS32
    Options
    Always everything looks perfect when is written in real life it's hard. We don't need all of that to be happy and have great relationship or marriage. We need only one thing to follow #1 and only RESPECT and with that comes everything else.
  • KingaS32
    Options
    Always everything looks perfect when is written in real life it's hard. We don't need all of that to be happy and have great relationship or marriage. We need only one thing to follow #1 and only RESPECT and with that comes everything else.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Yeah. I have two rules:

- Love your partner for who they are
    - Be who you are

If you can't do one or the other, get the hell out. Otherwise, everything else will fall into place.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    My fiance and I definitely need to work on one or two of these, but I think we're doing pretty good overall. Great list.

I have to say. sometimes I think my relationship is really dysfunctional (and it did used to be), but then I see some of the things other people are going through in theirs and I think we're actually doing really well. lol
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    How many years has this person been married?

3 weeks. I think I failed on half of these by week 4.

Apparently they've never had to deal with their husband urinating in the parking lot of their office building.

Life's too short for long lists of arbitrary rules that don't allow for public peeing.
  • skyekeeper
    skyekeeper Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    bump
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    These are excellent and so very true. #9 and #12 are my favorites. #21 is an issue for me. I find it terrifying, but I am working on changing that.

i didn't read the OP. I just quoted you to say "go lions!"