what to do with eggs?

i'm getting bored of eggs, other day i tried using my star shaped egg ring and it ended up looking like a mess, anyway... i've been trying out different stuff with eggs but i was wondering if any of you had any interesting/tasty/low cal egg recipes :)

Replies

• Kaelakcr
    Kaelakcr Posts: 505 Member
    If you like asian food, you might love shoyu tamago. You boil the eggs, then shell them. You pour soy sauce, rice vinegar, and (optional) a little sesame oil in a small frying pan, then wait till it starts smoking. Add the eggs, then brown them in the soy until they're as dark as you want. It gives them a delightful flavor, and it's very low calorie.
  • If you like asian food, you might love shoyu tamago. You boil the eggs, then shell them. You pour soy sauce, rice vinegar, and (optional) a little sesame oil in a small frying pan, then wait till it starts smoking. Add the eggs, then brown them in the soy until they're as dark as you want. It gives them a delightful flavor, and it's very low calorie.

thanks, i'll try that one out, i might even add some veggies, spring onions to it etc :)
  • majigurl
    majigurl Posts: 660 Member
    You can add it to almost anything! if you have pinterest ( or google) check out all the egg recipes.

you can add to meats and veggies, stir fries. I always a container full of boiled eggs ( still with shells ) that we can grab as high protein snack foods.

I had no idea about the versatility of eggs either! I would post some recipes, but I have no idea what you like or don't like.

Get creative!!!! :) have fun!
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    poach them
  • Kaelakcr
    Kaelakcr Posts: 505 Member
    If you like asian food, you might love shoyu tamago. You boil the eggs, then shell them. You pour soy sauce, rice vinegar, and (optional) a little sesame oil in a small frying pan, then wait till it starts smoking. Add the eggs, then brown them in the soy until they're as dark as you want. It gives them a delightful flavor, and it's very low calorie.

thanks, i'll try that one out, i might even add some veggies, spring onions to it etc :)

Here are a couple ways of making them:

http://www.lafujimama.com/2013/09/shoyu-tamago-2/

http://www.lafujimama.com/2009/12/shoyu-tamago-japanese-soy-sauce-eggs/

I prefer the browned one, but you can also marinate them. :)

I don't know how you'd add things, because they stay in hard-boiled form. However, adding egg to rice and browning that with tons of veggies would be a healthy fried rice!
  • i eat all sorts of foods so i'm up for trying any interesting recipes!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Quiche, Frittatas, with meat, with vegetables, with hot sauces, with cheese, with toast, with a friend, with a cup of coffee, shall I go on? :)
  • my_2_cents
    my_2_cents Posts: 109 Member
    Throw them at Bieber's house...this use of eggs actually burns calories.
  • Grab just about any veggie you have in the fridge and toss it into an omelette! Yum! :love:
  • I like adding spinach, fresh peppers, avacado and tomatoes to my scrambled eggs. It makes for a very nutritious and tasty breakfast.
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Try making shirred eggs: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shirred_eggs

They do have a little bit of cream and a small amount of cheese added to them, but they are crazy delicious. In my preheated oven they take about 19 minutes (and then a 3-minute rest), and they are well worth the wait. They turn out with a runny yolk and a white that is just set. There are lots of recipes on the internet, so pick one that looks good to you and give it a go.
  • My kid hates yolks, so I figured out how to make an egg white omelet. It sounds really complicated at first, but once you figure it out, it's a really easy protein dish. I make mine with an ounce of cheddar cheese and a tablespoon of bacon bits. Comes out to about 250 calories and is huge and filling. http://www.yummly.com/recipe/external/Egg-White-Omelet-Martha-Stewart

My other go-to egg dish is Gordon Ramsay's scrambled eggs. You can look it up on YouTube to get his special instructions, or you can just use the written recipe. I never have creme fraiche, so I sub plain yogurt or cream cheese. http://www.food.com/recipe/gordon-ramsays-scrambled-eggs-186294

These are my family's favorites, and they're pretty quick to make, with little mess. :smile:
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    I like them on a salad. Boiled, then just cut up and mixed into the salad.

They are also good in egg fried rice or noodles.

But my favorite way is french toast.
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,736 Member
    << ---- You mean these kind?!?! Eat them all!
  • Ulwaz
    Ulwaz Posts: 380 Member
    boiled eggs, omlettes, into rice/pasta, scrambled ;)
  • BramageOMG
    BramageOMG Posts: 319 Member
    Find ways to protect them from a drop off a building.. Its fun.
  • I eat about a dozen eggs a week, so I can relate to getting bored with eggs.

This may seem obvious but it had never occurred to me. I had some leftover grilled potatoes from dinner that I threw into a skillet with some scallions and scrambled eggs. OMG twas divine. The potatoes were roasted with thyme and olive oil. This week I did the same using a sweet potato.
  • Teresa_3266
    Teresa_3266 Posts: 298 Member
    Everyone morning I scramble two eggs, add a slice of American cheese and plop it on top of a toasted, buttered whole-wheat English muffin. I love it!!! :heart:
  • sumeetg37
    sumeetg37 Posts: 108 Member
    My personal favorite way to eat eggs is fried over medium with salt and pepper. Then I put that on some kind of carb... toast, polenta, potatoes pasta rice... super easy super delicious.

On a side note, it turns out one of my new neighbors is an urban farmer and has like 10 chickens. He told me to stop buying eggs and just come get them from him whenever I need some... Go me!
  • farfromthetree
    farfromthetree Posts: 982 Member
    Throw them at Bieber's house...this use of eggs actually burns calories.

LOL!