what to do with eggs?

2»

Replies

• threnjen
    threnjen Posts: 687 Member
    This is not very fancy but I love making egg mugs. I use 1 whole egg and 2 whites, beat and put in a lightly sprayed large mug or bowl. Cook for 30 sec, mix, cook another 30 sec, and here you can add other stuff. I usually add sliced chicken breast and a laughing cow swiss wedge, and then add 1tsp Frank's Red Hot to make myself a Buffalo Egg Mug. Then cook another 30sec.
  • Mix three eggs with one serving of mango salsa. Cook like an omelet and top with one serving of sweet and sour sauce. SOOOOOOO good.
  • sarajenivieve
    sarajenivieve Posts: 303 Member
    give them away and never buy them again :p im not a supporter of eggs though (clearly lol)
  • Fertilize them.
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    EGG SALAAAAAAD!!!!!
  • steelerkelly
    steelerkelly Posts: 3 Member
    On Sundays, I make turkey frittata's for the whole week; I cook 1 pound of ground turkey with spinach, mushrooms, onions, peppers and some spices for some heat. Add 8 eggs to the mix and cook them in muffin tins for 20 mins. on 350. Even my husband loves them.
  • __hannah_
    __hannah_ Posts: 787 Member
    I typically fry, scramble, or boil them.
  • bohemian124
    bohemian124 Posts: 152 Member
    I like to scramble them with some salsa and shredded sharp cheddar, then roll into a tortilla as a burrito, or brown the tortilla (fillings folded inside) in a skillet for a quesadilla. I typically do 1 whole egg and 2-3 egg whites.

I also like them hard boiled, with the yolk replaced with hummus. Yum!
  • TatianaSoe
    TatianaSoe Posts: 38 Member
    I love eggs, I like to make stuffed pita breads. You just scramble up some eggs and stuff them in a warm pita bread with veggies (bell peppers and mushrooms are my favs), cheese, meat, and some salsa.
  • Slacker16
    Slacker16 Posts: 1,184 Member
    I've recently discovered pilaf with fried eggs or a plain omelette.

Dice, mix so that the grains absorb the excess fat and eat. Hnghhh!
  • dklibert
    dklibert Posts: 1,196 Member
    That egg in soy sounds wonderful. I am definitely trying that soon. Here are some scrambles I made at home like what IHOP has been advertising. They are all good.

California Breakfast Scramble
    Serves 1

Ingredients

1 tsp. unsalted butter or butter flavored cooking spray
    2 eggs, beaten
    Black and red pepper flakes, to taste
    2 Tbsp. 2% Mexican cheese blend
    1 Tbsp. Salsa (no salt added)
    1/4 avocado, sliced

Directions

Melt butter if using in a non-stick pan over medium low heat. Beat eggs with pepper and add to pan. Gently stir eggs until soft curds form, add cheese and continue to cook until cheese is melted and eggs are set. Garnish with salsa and avocado.

Nutrition facts per serving: Calories 277.1, Total Fat 21.0 g. Saturated Fat 7.4 g, Polyunsaturated Fat 2.1 g, Monounsaturated Fat 4.7 g, Cholesterol 392.3 mg, Sodium 277.2 mg, Potassium 294.4 mg, Total Carbohydrate 5.7 g, Dietary Fiber 1.5 g, Sugars 1.1 g, Protein 17.4 g.
    WWP+ 7

All American Breakfast Scramble
    Serves 1

Ingredients

2 eggs, beaten
    Black and red pepper flakes, to taste
    2 Tbsp. 2% cheddar cheese
    2 Tbsp. tomato, chopped
    2 pieces of precooked bacon, crumbled

Directions

Melt butter if using in a non-stick pan over medium low heat. Beat eggs with pepper and add to pan. Gently stir eggs until soft curds form, add cheese and continue to cook until cheese is melted and eggs are set. Garnish with tomato and bacon.

Nutrition facts per serving: Calories 264.1, Total Fat 20.0 g, Saturated Fat 8.6 g, Polyunsaturated Fat 2.2 g, Monounsaturated Fat 4.7 g, Cholesterol 399.8 mg, Sodium 375.3 mg, Potassium 208.0 mg, Total Carbohydrate 2.2 g, Dietary Fiber 0.3 g, Sugars 0.4 g, Protein 18.9.
    WWP+ 7

Tuscan Breakfast Scramble
    Serves 1

Ingredients

2 eggs, beaten
    Black and red pepper flakes, to taste1-1/2 tsp. Parmesan, shredded
    1 Tbsp. jar roasted red peppers, chopped
    1/2 cup fresh baby spinach leaves
    3 basil leaves, torn

Directions

Melt butter if using in a non-stick pan over medium low heat. Beat eggs with pepper and add to pan. Gently stir eggs until soft curds form, add cheese, red pepper and spinach; continue to cook until cheese is melted and eggs are set. Garnish with basil.

Nutrition facts per serving: Calories 201.5, Total Fat 14.6 g, Saturated Fat 6.3 g, Polyunsaturated Fat 2.2 g, Monounsaturated Fat 4.7 g, Cholesterol 386.0 mg, Sodium 229.4 mg, Potassium 229.8 mg, Total Carbohydrate 2.4 g, Dietary Fiber 0.4 g, Sugars 1.0 g, Protein 14.6 g.
    WWP+ 5