New middle age member

Options
Hello everyone. I am determined to lose weight and get my cholesterol level down. I've had a knee injury for two years and this contributed to me not being able to exercise the way I want. I finally received a cortisone shot so am on the road to exercising and losing weight. However; I feel it may be a slow process..due to my age. (55) I am retired for 2 years, so one would think I would lose weight...not gain it. I am not happy with my weight or my looks and want a change. I am trying to get my husband to also be active and lose weight. I welcome all the support and friends I can get. I am also trying to be vegetarian as much as possible, so that is also a new challenge for me. I want to be around for years to enjoy my grandson and future granddaughter.

Replies

• MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    Hi. and welcome. I'll be 50 in November.
  • kimble77
    Options
    Hi 48 and just returning to MFP, looking for support to get health as I have noticed a lot of changes over the last year that i am really not liking.
  • 50sFit
    50sFit Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    NanaV707 wrote: »
    Hello everyone. I am determined to lose weight and get my cholesterol level down. I've had a knee injury for two years and this contributed to me not being able to exercise the way I want. I finally received a cortisone shot so am on the road to exercising and losing weight. However; I feel it may be a slow process..due to my age. (55) I am retired for 2 years, so one would think I would lose weight...not gain it. I am not happy with my weight or my looks and want a change. I am trying to get my husband to also be active and lose weight. I welcome all the support and friends I can get. I am also trying to be vegetarian as much as possible, so that is also a new challenge for me. I want to be around for years to enjoy my grandson and future granddaughter.
    WELCOME!

• LoveHotCrossBuns
    LoveHotCrossBuns Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Welcome! 55 is still young!! I'm 47 and just over a year ago joined MFP on another account which I accidentally deleted! I weighed 12 stone 12 at that time. What worked for me was nothing drastic, just eating a slight calorie deficit and some walking with the odd bit of cycling and reached my target of 10st 5 just a few weeks ago. You can do it too for sure! Xx
  • chachadeb
    chachadeb Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I'm 55 in a few weeks and like you, determined to get the weight off and get healthier. I hope my next cholesterol test shows that. I've found great support here at MFP at the Over 50 Women's Group...come join us!

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/22731-over-50-womens-club
  • Shewolfgurl
    Options
    Good morning.. I also just joined. I'm 57 and seeking to lose weight and get healthier. Being challenged with muscular dystrophy has been a stumbling block for me but I one again go forth attempting to be healthier and happier with myself. So.. hello :)
  • Shewolfgurl
    Options
    Thanks for the heads up Init.. I've been reading through the forum this morning and trying to notice the ones like this but this one slipped right by me. I posted an intro this morning and hope to be here for a daily connect.