• sismyn13
    sismyn13 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I needed to read this today!
  • StunningLegerity
    StunningLegerity Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the loss, OP!

That being said, it is incorrect to tell people they HAVE to eat organic, all natural food to lose weight. Eat less than you burn, of whatever you want. It may not be the healthiest route, but it will result in weight loss. Period.
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    There is a lot of real sugar in fruit.

:flowerforyou: That is TRUE however the body processes natural sugar differently than it does processed sugar. . and if you are eating the right fruits you are getting a good amount of fiber with that as well. . .

Have you ever done a raw foods diet?

I did a 3 day fruit fast once. . lol compliments of the Master cleanse. . I must say though everything in moderation. . Never again will I do that fast. . .:bigsmile:
  • mizroxy13
    mizroxy13 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success and I am glad you've discovered what truly works best for YOU.

Everything in moderation isn't a lie and has worked wonderfully for me, however. That's what works best for ME.

I just want to make sure that newer dieters reading your post understand that. I eat organic, grass-fed, yada yada, but something like almonds, for example, are natural and low in sugar (but still contain sugar!)... and if not eaten in moderation can completely overwhelm your fat and calorie intake for a day. It's just important to note all perspectives and make sure newer dieters know that everyone is unique.

Congratulations on your success!
  • Alisha_countrymama
    Options
    Congrats on your success and I am glad you've discovered what truly works best for YOU.

Everything in moderation isn't a lie and has worked wonderfully for me, however. That's what works best for ME.

I just want to make sure that newer dieters reading your post understand that. I eat organic, grass-fed, yada yada, but something like almonds, for example, are natural and low in sugar (but still contain sugar!)... and if not eaten in moderation can completely overwhelm your fat and calorie intake for a day. It's just important to note all perspectives and make sure newer dieters know that everyone is unique.

Congratulations on your success!
    Im sorry I didnt go into detail, but sugar in natural whole fruits veg and nuts and seeds are Not in the same category as processed foods and highly refind sugar products, such as candy, soda ect.

Thank you.
  • LaLaVee13
    LaLaVee13 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    So in before this goes bad.....lol!!

I heart Junk food ( I learned moderation so haven't eliminated anything from my diet ;-)

I haven't stopped eating anything either. So I guess the 31lbs I've lost aren't real. Boohoo.
  • LaLaVee13
    LaLaVee13 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Get away from Sugar! Artificial sugar, real sugar any kind of sugar. It's killing you. We consume way to much sugar. 2-3x as much as we consumed 100 years ago. (in some people even more than that)
    No I'm not vegan, or vegetarian. I eat meat also and try to get it from humanely raised, local farms when possible. My diet consists of mean fruit and veg. Healthy fats and nuts and seeds.
    There is a lot of real sugar in fruit.

Damn I was going to say that!!
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    I pretty much agree with the OP. But, I will say that eating organic healthy foods can make you fat. Fat can make you fat. I live on a farm. 90% (at least) of the fruit an vegetables I eat are organic home-grown. Most of the meat I eat is wild game or home raised chickens.

I still got fat. These homegrown foods are delicious and healthy, but they still have calories.

Or maybe it was the beer and wine.
  • stacibuk
    stacibuk Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot of sugar and still lose weight.
  • opalsqueak007
    opalsqueak007 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Hi OP - great post and well done! I am doing similar. I have cut out all junk and lost 17lb, but more importantly, my awful arthritis is all but gone, no heartburn, bouncing with energy now whereas before my husband had to help me up the stairs every night.
  • taberube
    taberube Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You are right on the money here!
  • holly_wendelin
    holly_wendelin Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I tried to out-exercise a bad diet and gained 10 pounds of fat over an 8-month period of establishing an awesome workout routine. My body feels strong, but you can't see those beautiful muscles because double chili-dog lunches will sabotage all of your efforts. I learned this the hard way. You can't outrun Taco Bell.

Using your advice and inspiration to turn my diet around and look as strong as I feel.
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    2m6v7f4.gif

Omg, how'd you find me eating my late night snack?!
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Eating those damn processed foods caused me to lose a bunch of weight!

Abe_simpson.gif
  • _benjammin
    _benjammin Posts: 1,224 Member
    Options
    Congrats and I'm glad you found something that is sustainable and works for you. Your post went of the rails for me after the first part though.
    My biggest piece of advice, take it or leave it. Is this. Diets don't work! You have to make a change for life. You will have to eat this way for the rest of your life, and until you come to terms with that you won't succeed. You have to change your mind set from "I can't have that" to "I can have that but I don't want it"

^Perfect. A diet generally comprised of whole foods but with no restrictions other than calories is the perfect mindset.
    Restricting processed and/or package food and sugar...kill me now.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Well done :) you seem to have a firm grasp on the concept of fitness, and I nearly completely agree!

Junk calories are empty calories. They provide no nutritional value and should be avoided. Although an indulgence every blue moon is perfectly fine. And not eating junk doesn't mean not eating (4example) pizza. Pizza can be healthy, if made right. There's almost always a healthy alternative to the junk we love.

That and diets don't exists in the way people use the term. A diet is simply what you eat, healthy or not. The trick to losing weight is to change your diet to a healthier one, that includes less calories than what you burn. No matter age nor height, eating 3,000 cal is a diet, eating 500 cal is a diet. What you eat, no matter what, is your diet. That's where the "lifestyle" word comes into play.

As far as the organic thing goes, it's opinion. I would rather eat organic. But I have no proof or argument against non-organic foods.
    ^^^^:happy: :drinker:

♥ Also OP.... awesome job and fantastic post... love hearing the truth!!! This works best for myself as well:flowerforyou:
    Hi OP - great post and well done! I am doing similar. I have cut out all junk and lost 17lb, but more importantly, my awful arthritis is all but gone, no heartburn, bouncing with energy now whereas before my husband had to help me up the stairs every night.
    What a great post.... really glad you shared, it gives me strength because I know exactly what you're saying... stopping the junk food drops the weight for me, reduces inflammation in my body (specifically for me knee joints were the worst!) and just gives me a general all around good feeling of wellness. Far more energy, clearer thinking....the list goes on.

I just can't tell you how exited I am for you to have so much less pain and far more freedom all because you've changed the types of foods you're eating. Or should I say you now 'eat food' rather than chemicals and processed junk.

I really don't know how ppl that share that they eat ice cream every night, a box of pop tarts for breakfast and McDonald's for dinner.... I'd be a heap on the floor with all the sodium and sugar.

My workouts go so much better when the food I pick is 'real food'.:flowerforyou:
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    2m6v7f4.gif
    Ummm. nice effort? :indifferent:
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot of sugar and still lose weight.
    ok
  • 59gi
    59gi Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I'm so happy for you :)
  • VictoryGarden
    VictoryGarden Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Science says organic food has no additional nutritive benefits.

http://annals.org/article.aspx?articleid=1355685

I agree. But they aren't sprayed with crap.
    Fields are where they grow veggies though.

I have a huge organic garden. All I use on it is crap!

;)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!