Boobs after a large weight loss?

Options
I have read some really inspirational stories on here. Moms who fought back from the 200's or higher. And while it may seem vain and silly I want to know, what happens to your chest. Say you're a 38G do you become a 32 oh my god they are hanging to my toes? Is there anything you can do about that on the way? Slow weight loss, yes, but maybe extra pectoral work or superskin vitamins. What's the dish? :blushing: I just need to know, ok:wink:

Replies

• tabicatinthehat
    tabicatinthehat Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I wanna see before and afters for this. I worry, too. :( Not that it's going to change anything, but it's definitely something I think about. I like my boobs!
  • I have lost 90 pounds since January and my boobs were the first thing to go :( I was a C/D and now I am barely filling an A. I definitely gotta start doing some chest exercises more frequently to hopefully lift and fill em out a bit more
  • JessaAnn407
    JessaAnn407 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I have dropped 70 pounds, and started my journey at a 44 DDD, I'm now a 42 DDD. I have lost nothing in my chest area, which is bothersome to me. My back hurts, and I think loosing some of them would help me a lot. But I think it's like all weight loss stories, if you tone your chest area, they will be less likely to sag. Granted, I have that problem already, and am slowly working on the toning.
  • elprincipito
    elprincipito Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    lol before and afters...but i'm a guy and my chest is bigger now that i am slimmer...them bench presses
  • TrailNurse
    TrailNurse Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I went from a 40DDD to a 34DD. I wish I lost more boobs. So sick of them.
  • socalkay
    socalkay Posts: 746 Member
    Options
  • crazybookworm
    crazybookworm Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    I lost 130 lbs pounds. Went from a 40 DD to a 34 B...:ohwell: I tried extra chest work but nothing did it. And I actually heard from a Personal Trainer that there is not really an exercise that can save the boobs, but who knows how true that is.
  • I started at a 34G and haven't seen much change yet; granted, I haven't lost all that much, but still. I think I'll probably end up somewhere around a 32DD - not too much loss.
  • ThePhoenixIsRising
    Options
    It all depends on the size of your mammary glands how small your boobs get. I was a 36DD and now a 34C almost no fat left in them so they do hang a bit lower.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    I wanna see before and afters for this.

me too! *hi fives*

seriously, it's a thing that varies from person to person, but since there's not a single (natural) thing you can do about it, just keep losing weight and hope for the best. i mean, are you going to jeopardize your health and not lose the weight because of something that may or may not happen?
  • Adc7225
    Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    90 pounds down, went from a full 42C to a sad unfulfilled 32C. My doctor assures me that once I stop losing weight they will gain back some of the fat they have lost. I know they will not be as full as they were and I would never want to go back to where I was weight wise - it is just one of those mean little tricks mother nature plays on us! Can't have it all:smile:
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    Totally depends on the tissue. If it's mostly fat, then yes, you are going to lose them. If it's mostly glandular, then you won't lose as much.

I went from a 40DD to a 34C, which isn't bad for a 110-115 lb weight loss. I found it depressing at first, but I would not go back to my former body for any amount of money in the world. I'm good here.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I went from a 34 B to a 32 B. I don't even measure a 32 around my band, I just rounded up. The 32 B cup is soooo much smaller than the 34. My breasts look pathetic.
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    I went from a 38DD to a 32C. I lost weight sloooowly, but there was no saving them. There's lots of extra skin there...
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    OP you're a G cup.. odds are you will have tig ole bitties until the cows come home :laugh:
  • Cyndesire
    Cyndesire Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    :sad: Having lost over 100lbs my breasts left quickly. I was a full 40D and am now a full 34B. No one is allowed to seem them. Not even my husband if I can help it. :blushing: I am hoping we can afford implants down the road but if not oh well. I will take these itty bitty titties over been 250 lbs again.
  • mfpchris
    mfpchris Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    The "Male" posts here haven't been a bunch of help. But to add a male voice that is perhaps relevant. "Moobs" yes, man boobs. Mine grew as a I got fat, I lost a bunch and it wasn't that problematic. Then I gained it all back plus a bit.

Now, I'm back on track and losing....I'm just hoping my skin has one more yo-yo left in it, so I can be trim and not have the extra moob flesh there.

I think it is very related to your skin. Some people drop weight and their skin recuperates. Others, not, they lose and the skin stays while the body deflates. There is also the comment the other guy made: fat:boob or boob:boob.

basically four combos. If you have recoup skin and boob:boob, you'll lose weight and nobody will be worse for wear.
    recoup skin and fat:boob, they'll become smaller. non-recoup skin and boob:boob, thing'll stay about the same, and lastly non-recoup skin and fat:boob and you'll end up with extra skin (This last category is where I'm thinking I might be heading with my moobs.)
  • grubb1019
    grubb1019 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I have lost 45 lbs, at 227 I was a 40D, now I am a 36C. I have lost 6 inches around my bust. But, I was little before I got fat, had babies and breastfed, I was only a 34B before, so I guess I'm just headed back to where I was before.
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    36G to 32G here, as everyone else has said, it depends entirely on what type of tissue is the majority of your boobs. I'm mostly mammary so there wasn't much change. There was certainly SOME change (and yes, my husband mourned for a time) but nothing that drastic.