Boobs after a large weight loss?

Options

Replies

• QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    The "Male" posts here haven't been a bunch of help. But to add a male voice that is perhaps relevant. "Moobs" yes, man boobs. Mine grew as a I got fat, I lost a bunch and it wasn't that problematic. Then I gained it all back plus a bit.

Now, I'm back on track and losing....I'm just hoping my skin has one more yo-yo left in it, so I can be trim and not have the extra moob flesh there.

I think it is very related to your skin. Some people drop weight and their skin recuperates. Others, not, they lose and the skin stays while the body deflates. There is also the comment the other guy made: fat:boob or boob:boob.

basically four combos. If you have recoup skin and boob:boob, you'll lose weight and nobody will be worse for wear.
    recoup skin and fat:boob, they'll become smaller. non-recoup skin and boob:boob, thing'll stay about the same, and lastly non-recoup skin and fat:boob and you'll end up with extra skin (This last category is where I'm thinking I might be heading with my moobs.)

Oh my god I love this! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    I'm dying! OP this is pretty much dead on, just pray you're not non-recoup and fat:boob, not much you can do if you are though...
  • Derp_Diggler
    Derp_Diggler Posts: 1,456 Member
    Options
    Disappointingly I didn't grow any. Maybe I'm doing it wrong?
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    Disappointingly I didn't grow any. Maybe I'm doing it wrong?

I don't know, maybe I should check for you.
  • rivka_m
    rivka_m Posts: 1,007 Member
    Options
    How big were they the last time you were near your target weight? If you were a D cup then you presumably won't be an A cup now when you get back down there.

I've only lost 20-some pounds but I've gone from a 40 nearly-C down to a 36 full A. I was never curvy as an adult though when I was normal weight.
  • RET68
    RET68 Posts: 88
    Options
    Thanks ya'll, I got a lot of laughs out of this. I guess I was always a Dcup or higher since before I gained weight, so I'll just be praying for that recoup skin:laugh: and no it's not worth being fat either way. "tig ole bitties" :bigsmile:
  • Polishprinsezz
    Polishprinsezz Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Sadly mine started out at 46K. So gross and obnoxious. I have 27lbs til I hit my goal weight. I am now a 34J. I cannot stand this huge size so I am planning to treat myself to a lift and reduction (C cup) down the road. They are quite pendulous now. I don't believe they they will ever lose that shape. They have been well abused over the years.
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    I went from a 40DDD to a 34DD. I wish I lost more boobs. So sick of them.
    I'm hoping mine get smaller, but so far I seem to be one of those with more glands than fat. :P
    After losing 40 lb, I went to a lingere shop to get some new bras & walked out with a 38G that fits perfectly.
    First time I've had a bra that is comfortable, & I don't want to take it off.
    I'm happy I'm in a 2-hook bra for the first time since probably high school, but really could do with less to fill it.
    The 32 B cup is soooo much smaller than the 34.
    Volume-wise, a 32B is equal to a 34A or a 30C.
    (Within a manufacturer... they all fit a bit differently.)
  • brightsideofpink
    brightsideofpink Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    I've been wondering all the same myself. I've only lost 30 lbs so far, but I'm already noticing my bras having more room in the cup, especially my sports bra. I'm holding out as long as I can from buying new ones though. Pretty bras in a size G/H are not cheap to come by :)
  • court_fritch26
    court_fritch26 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on the person…the first time I lost weight I went from a 36DD down to a 34C and that was at 104 lbs with an eating disorder. Right now I am at 32F/G depending on the story, and I am praying these bad boys shrink down some. After 22 lbs they are still there and taking up more room than necessary.
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    My SW was 254, and I wore a 38-H. I've now lost 90+ pounds and currently wear a 34-DDD (US size). It's not a foregone conclusion that you'll lose your girls!
  • Commander_Keen
    Commander_Keen Posts: 1,181 Member
    Options
    I have dropped 70 pounds, and started my journey at a 44 DDD, I'm now a 42 DDD. I have lost nothing in my chest area, which is bothersome to me. My back hurts, and I think loosing some of them would help me a lot. But I think it's like all weight loss stories, if you tone your chest area, they will be less likely to sag. Granted, I have that problem already, and am slowly working on the toning.

do you do Upper and lower back and shoulder exercise?
  • RET68
    Options
    Pretty bras in a size G/H are not cheap to come by :)
    No they are not are they- 50 -75$ last I saw and cup size bathing suits, bah:grumble:
    BTW, what sportsbra do you like, and does it work?? I need to get one for a jazz class that's my b plan when the water gets too cold to swim in:huh:
  • ediegir
    ediegir Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Ive not lost much at all tbh but I've gone from 38E to 36DD and back when I was eighteen and at my skinniest (~120lb, size 6) I grew from 36B to 36D so I'm not expecting a huge amount of change, mine are quite fibrous and glandular but I work in a job where I do a lot of lifting so that's probably helping keep the chest girth up
  • brightsideofpink
    brightsideofpink Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    No they are not are they- 50 -75$ last I saw and cup size bathing suits, bah:grumble:
    BTW, what sportsbra do you like, and does it work?? I need to get one for a jazz class that's my b plan when the water gets too cold to swim in:huh:

So far I love Panache underwire sports bra. I haven't tried all the larger sports bras, but I've tried 3 or 4 and this is the best. Lift, no or low bounce, and separation. Moderate moisture wicking too. I get the best support when I can hook the convertible racerback, but I have a very hard time hooking that myself. When I can, I'm a rockstar. I can even run without noticing them!
  • aarnwine2013
    aarnwine2013 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I've lost 42 pounds and mine were also the first to go. It's not the fact that they are smaller that bothers me, it's more about the sag factor I think.

I thought about implants but I just don't know. I don't mind having smaller breast, but I do wish they looked better.

Having complained, I'll take my smaller breast in place of my fat *kitten* anytime!
  • jeanamango
    Options
    This is what I've seen. My friend lost 130lbs in one year. She was a 44DD, now she is a C...but its all skin. My other friend lost 90lbs in a year and her boobs look like deflated balloons. Both of these women were too skinny for comfort and in a healthy manor filled out a little. Still no boobs, only shape. We all want to lose weight fast! But when it comes to your tatas, be careful with your upper body work-outs.
  • Veil5577
    Veil5577 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    I'll be happy to lose some of the boobs if it will stop them pointing at the damn floor. :angry:
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Depends on age and if you've had children and nursed babies. I'm down 163 so far (63 left to go) and although I'm UP a cup size (YEA!), because I'm in my late 50's and nursed 3 babies, I'm kind of like 1/2 empty water baloons. But again, it really depends on your age and if you have had/nursed babies. But thank God for good, pretty support bras! :laugh:
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    panache !! i love them especially since you can make it extra supportive by making it racer back. i'm 36 HH by the way, or 34 HH at this point, i'm not sure i'm waiting until november to get new bras since i need to buy a new couch :laugh:
  • RET68
    Options
    I'll be happy to lose some of the boobs if it will stop them pointing at the damn floor. :angry:
    hahaha:laugh: